Author Topic: What Are You Watching Now?  (Read 56704 times)

Offline Joe4007

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: New TV shows.
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2016, 08:39:44 PM »
Not exactly new, but really enjoyed When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions.

Offline guess who

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2016, 08:11:54 PM »
anyone watching Chicago fire

Offline DP7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2016, 08:21:43 PM »
Nathan for you, anyone?

Offline yochiek93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2016, 08:42:18 PM »
Anyone up to date in Quantico

Offline theblakdavid

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2016, 08:44:21 PM »

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2016, 08:45:28 PM »

Offline theblakdavid

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2016, 08:46:08 PM »
Can't wait for the new episode
Same here. They should up the rating, it's really good, and underrated.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2016, 08:46:32 PM »
Same here. They should up the rating, it's really good, and underrated.
+1000

Offline mrprez27

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2016, 01:47:31 PM »
+1000
The show is horribly anti-Semitic and promotes total Israel lies - this is the first show of its kind where the 'Jew' is the terrorist.

Before anyone tells me I dont know what im talking about - Im not just posting this link with no background - Ive watched every episode so far.

Yes I know the creater Joshua Safron is a Jew - its means nothing.

-Some things on the top of my head - sub plot of Asher committing ATROCITIES as a IDF solider in Gaza including at one point 'burning their greenhosues' -- convo at the fake hostage training--forgot what episode---which is a spin on the fact that we left in 2005 all our greenhosues and they destroyed it them selves (this is also backed up by a UN report saying 90% of the stuff we left for them was looted and destroyed by the palastenianas). Or that the Chassid is suddenly a 'bomb maker' .  Honest to G-d TOTAL fabrications or taking real situations that everyone agrees was not our fault and making it the 'Jews' Fault.

I KNOW it is FICTION - it makes no difference, most people get an idea of what happens in the world from pop culture and this is the first 'fiction' of Jews being portrayed as what normally the stereotype Muslim is.

http://forward.com/opinion/327591/anti-semitism-is-alive-and-well-on-tv-quantico-proves-it/
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 01:52:58 PM by mrprez27 »

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2016, 01:53:44 PM »
The show is horribly anti-Semitic and promotes total Israel lies - this is the first show of its kind where the 'Jew' is the terrorist.

Before anyone tells me I dont know what im talking about - Im not just posting this link with no background - Ive watched every episode so far.

Yes I know the creater Joshua Safron is a Jew - its means nothing.

-Some things on the top of my head - sub plot of Asher committing ATROCITIES as a IDF solider in Gaza including at one point 'burning their greenhosues' -- convo at the fake hostage training--forgot what episode---which is a spin on the fact that we left in 2005 all our greenhosues and they destroyed it them selves (this is also backed up by a UN report saying 90% of the stuff we left for them was looted and destroyed by the palastenianas). Or that the Chassid is suddenly a 'bomb maker' .  Honest to G-d TOTAL fabrications or taking real situations that everyone agrees was not our fault and making it the 'Jews' Fault.

I KNOW it is FICTION - it makes no difference, most people get an idea of what happens in the world from pop culture and this is the first 'fiction' of Jews being portrayed as what normally the stereotype Muslim is.

http://forward.com/opinion/327591/anti-semitism-is-alive-and-well-on-tv-quantico-proves-it/
Stop whining

Offline mrprez27

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2016, 02:53:01 PM »
Stop whining

excuse me haha - this is a huge discussion point - its not some simple "man in the high castle nazi symbols' this is clear nonsense beings spewed into pop culture during a time in which people get their news from Stephen Colbert and John Oliver.

Besides all those points the shows crap (hence why im not watching when it comes back) -- same prime tv garage - a little bit of mela-drama, and a ton of character on character se* ... oh and a narration by the main star who cants seem to speak English properly.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2016, 02:55:44 PM »
excuse me haha - this is a huge discussion point - its not some simple "man in the high castle nazi symbols' this is clear nonsense beings spewed into pop culture during a time in which people get their news from Stephen Colbert and John Oliver.

Besides all those points the shows crap (hence why im not watching when it comes back) -- same prime tv garage - a little bit of mela-drama, and a ton of character on character se* ... oh and a narration by the main star who cants seem to speak English properly.
I'm not sure what exactly your saying buy I watched the new episode today and it was wonderful. 

Offline theblakdavid

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2016, 05:10:50 PM »
Stop whining
Couldn't agree more.
I'm not sure what exactly your saying buy I watched the new episode today and it was wonderful. 
Couldn't agree more.

Offline theblakdavid

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2016, 05:12:54 PM »

I'm missing a few boats here, and perhaps I'm off by a few oceans. You don't like it? Fine! But the hogwash that your spewing, and how those points have any relevance, are beyond me.

Offline mrprez27

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2016, 06:31:30 PM »
I'm missing a few boats here, and perhaps I'm off by a few oceans. You don't like it? Fine! But the hogwash that your spewing, and how those points have any relevance, are beyond me.

I can agree my original post was 'ranty' and sounded very erratic....but...

Hogwash?????? Though Dansdeals has many 'non Jewish followers' - it is followed mainly by Jewish folks. This whole forum is littered with topics that are ONLY relevant to Jewish people (not the deals section).

Honestly, some maturity would be great.

I wasn't speaking about if the 'Show' was enjoyable or not.

I was bringing up an interesting point and a reason to possibly not watch the show.

Please show restraint before you reply obnoxiously.

Offline theblakdavid

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2016, 07:09:39 PM »
I can agree my original post was 'ranty' and sounded very erratic....but...

Hogwash?????? Though Dansdeals has many 'non Jewish followers' - it is followed mainly by Jewish folks. This whole forum is littered with topics that are ONLY relevant to Jewish people (not the deals section).

Honestly, some maturity would be great.

I wasn't speaking about if the 'Show' was enjoyable or not.

I was bringing up an interesting point and a reason to possibly not watch the show.

Please show restraint before you reply obnoxiously.
Haha, sorry about that. No harm intended, I was just responding in kind. In regards to the points I made, let me clarify. You said the whole shows crap, and the lead player can't speak English. While the first point is a bit vague, I'm clueless what the second point meant. If the show was attempting to portray a full fledged American, you would be right. But it's not. She's meant to be an outsider, hence the suspicion fell on her. So if it bothers you that the main character isn't American, fine. In regards to the anti-jewish slant, you're 100% right that its slanted. But therefore what? There are stores that have workers that are anti Jewish, and there are movies that promote violence, and stealing. If not fitting in with your hashkafa is a reason not to watch a film, I can fully understand. But it shouldn't make a difference if it doesn't fit in with your haskafa due to anti Jewish ideals, or if it's due to promotion of killing, violence, etc.

Offline mrprez27

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2016, 07:00:45 PM »
Haha, sorry about that. No harm intended, I was just responding in kind. In regards to the points I made, let me clarify. You said the whole shows crap, and the lead player can't speak English. While the first point is a bit vague, I'm clueless what the second point meant. If the show was attempting to portray a full fledged American, you would be right. But it's not. She's meant to be an outsider, hence the suspicion fell on her. So if it bothers you that the main character isn't American, fine. In regards to the anti-jewish slant, you're 100% right that its slanted. But therefore what? There are stores that have workers that are anti Jewish, and there are movies that promote violence, and stealing. If not fitting in with your hashkafa is a reason not to watch a film, I can fully understand. But it shouldn't make a difference if it doesn't fit in with your haskafa due to anti Jewish ideals, or if it's due to promotion of killing, violence, etc.

Sorry for the late response - you make some great points. I have to admit when my argument isn't sounds and it wasn't. I appreciate the cordial reply. The other points that I made besides the 'anti-Israel' sentiment I guess don't really stand up. Thanks

Offline theblakdavid

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2016, 07:15:24 PM »
Sorry for the late response - you make some great points. I have to admit when my argument isn't sounds and it wasn't. I appreciate the cordial reply. The other points that I made besides the 'anti-Israel' sentiment I guess don't really stand up. Thanks
A lot of respect for your reply. Thanks for your honesty. I wish you all the best.

Offline Josef.koney

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2016, 07:38:47 PM »
Wow very impressed (if I may say so....) don't think there ever was and ever will be such a tame argument.... Though I hope this may be an example for all to learn from (esp. Me....) Thank you!
Not even sure if I could use the word argument...

Offline CS91

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2016, 11:57:52 PM »
Hadran Alach Narcos Season 1. Up next, House of Cards Season 4.