Topic Wiki

Denied Credit? Get your free credit report by calling these numbers:

Equifax
1-800-685-1111
Then press 1,2, Say your state, 1, Numeric portion of address, 1, SS,1,3,2,1, 1; and you're done!

Experian
1-888-397-3742
(Make sure to call from the area code associated with the address on the report.)
Then press 1,1,1, SS#,1,MMDDYYYY,1,Zip code,#, numeric portion of address,2, and you're done.

TransUnion Consumer Relations
1-800-888-4213
Then press: Zip, SS,MMDDYYYY, numeric portion of address,#,2, 2, 2.

« Last edited by Nitantnel on May 29, 2015, 02:45:01 PM »

Author Topic: Getting Free Credit Report / Score - Identity Monitor Substitutes  (Read 44047 times)

Offline Yellow

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Re: Getting Free Credit Report / Score - Identity Monitor Substitutes
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2011, 12:00:39 AM »
They did, but I passed on it. They mail you coupons that you have to mail back to get the $10 debit cards, and they told me I'd only get one bureau.
I also just cancelled on friday even though they offered me coupons. I cant be bothered with mailing them back etc. Plus i'm getting annoyed with citi identity monitor. They only pull your scores once a month, they're FAKO anyway, and the indian ladies are driving me crazy

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2011, 12:01:30 AM »
I signed up April 1st, canceled about the 10th. Since then I tried twice to sign up again, each time it said you already have an account, log in and put your credit card info from there... IDK I'm guessing you need to wait 30 days for the report to expire.

I'm pretty sure it's been 30 days, my report date shows as 3/30/2011. Anyone else?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2011, 04:15:47 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's been 30 days, my report date shows as 3/30/2011. Anyone else?

Better yet, as I reported here, my cancelled IdentityMonitor is still providing me with credit alerts, any idea how long I can expect this to last? Maybe once the alerts stop I can reapply for another $1 30-day trial.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline scwam

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2011, 04:23:43 PM »
Better yet, as I reported here, my cancelled IdentityMonitor is still providing me with credit alerts, any idea how long I can expect this to last? Maybe once the alerts stop I can reapply for another $1 30-day trial.

I called yesterday to cancel as my trial ends on May 22. They said they nomally extend it a little while (in my case June 6th will be the first bill). So I agreed not to cancel. But they indicated that this extension is normal for everyone. So on my 30th day, june 22 I can pull again for no charge

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2011, 04:25:51 PM »
I called yesterday to cancel as my trial ends on May 22. They said they nomally extend it a little while (in my case June 6th will be the first bill). So I agreed not to cancel. But they indicated that this extension is normal for everyone. So on my 30th day, june 22 I can pull again for no charge

You're right, I tried and was able to update my report, thanks.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 04:32:02 PM by AsherO »

Offline smurf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2011, 04:26:18 PM »
@steve
+1
Apparently its more like 45 days which means you can get two reports for $1

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2011, 04:33:42 PM »
@steve
+1
Apparently its more like 45 days which means you can get two reports for $1

Great. If I'm understanding this correctly, this means I can wait until the 45 day are up and start a new '30-day' (In reality 45-day) trial.

Offline smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2011, 07:03:30 PM »
Great. If I'm understanding this correctly, this means I can wait until the 45 day are up and start a new '30-day' (In reality 45-day) trial.
you may run into this problem
I signed up April 1st, canceled about the 10th. Since then I tried twice to sign up again, each time it said you already have an account, log in and put your credit card info from there... IDK I'm guessing you need to wait 30 days for the report to expire.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2011, 07:27:59 PM »
you may run into this problem

Doesn't look like it, his post is well within 30 days of enrollment/cancellation.

Offline smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2011, 07:33:24 PM »
Doesn't look like it, his post is well within 30 days of enrollment/cancellation.
true but if you plan on pulling the report twice you may have to wait 30 days from the second time

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2011, 07:36:02 PM »
true but if you plan on pulling the report twice you may have to wait 30 days from the second time

I'm not sure that's the case, considering it'll be a new IdentityMonitor acct.

But even if it is, that's fine with me, as long as the monitoring kicks in immediately.

Offline elig770

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2011, 03:05:12 PM »
BTW on May 1st I had another report available to download, and I'm still getting alerts, so it seems you do have it for 45 days. (I haven't been charged a 2nd time, they actually never charged me the $1 because I cancelled within 30 days.)

Offline HSS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, BMI Silver, Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2011, 01:43:44 AM »
Its funny I originally started this thread because I used to churn Citi Identity Monitor monthly because it was free for first 30 days, and started this thread to look for alternatives, I guess it seems I now have gotten tons of people hooked on churning Identity Monitor at the $1 a month cost, lol

Offline Spiffster

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2011, 04:41:02 PM »
if you're a churner and all you want is to see your report, there's no magic to getting it...

all 3 bureaus allow you to get your report if there's been a hard pull on you.  you don't have to be declined, indeed the bureau doesn't know what the issuer's determination was.  All the bureau knows is that a hard pull was done.  On their 'get a free report" page, they each have a checkbox or notice about adverse action or unfavorable action or change in credit limit or other benefit.   It takes about 5 minutes to pull all 3 reports and screen cap the browser page.

If you're doing a hard pull every 30 days or so, this is a totally free way to get all your reports  No score, no monitoring but if you don't care about that there's no need to remember to cancel the trial membership either.  I've done this for years now and never had a problem....

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2011, 05:04:54 PM »
if you're a churner and all you want is to see your report, there's no magic to getting it...

all 3 bureaus allow you to get your report if there's been a hard pull on you.  you don't have to be declined, indeed the bureau doesn't know what the issuer's determination was.  All the bureau knows is that a hard pull was done.  On their 'get a free reportnull page, they each have a checkbox or notice about adverse action or unfavorable action or change in credit limit or other benefit.   It takes about 5 minutes to pull all 3 reports and screen cap the browser page.

If you're doing a hard pull every 30 days or so, this is a totally free way to get all your reports  No score, no monitoring but if you don't care about that there's no need to remember to cancel the trial membership either.  I've done this for years now and never had a problem....

You've got a hard pull on each of your reports every 30 days? If that is the case you're a much heavier churner than the rest of us here. The more likely answer is that you are mistaken...

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2011, 08:57:27 PM »
I was able to churn the equifax free trial. I clicked on the link from dan tried signing up. it said already member login to continue. and then it let me get 30 days free

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2011, 10:32:38 PM »
I was able to churn the equifax free trial. I clicked on the link from dan tried signing up. it said already member login to continue. and then it let me get 30 days free

Maybe they are going to bill the cc that u have on file. . . ?

Offline myb821

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2011, 10:33:32 PM »

Maybe they are going to bill the cc that u have on file. . . ?
it said order total 0.00

Offline Spiffster

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2011, 06:22:30 AM »
i guess i wasn't clear, sorry.  let me restate that first sentence: you can get a report from all 3 bureaus if there's been a hard pull on any one of your bureau reports.

you don't need a hard pull on each bureau to get a report from all 3 and you aren't limited to the report from the bureau that got the pull.  a few days after every hard pull, i pull all 3 reports using this method.  as i said, i've been doing this for years and i'm certainly not mistaken.  this falls in the "i know it works, i've seen me do it" category.

You've got a hard pull on each of your reports every 30 days? If that is the case you're a much heavier churner than the rest of us here. The more likely answer is that you are mistaken...

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2011, 09:02:21 AM »
i guess i wasn't clear, sorry.  let me restate that first sentence: you can get a report from all 3 bureaus if there's been a hard pull on any one of your bureau reports.

you don't need a hard pull on each bureau to get a report from all 3 and you aren't limited to the report from the bureau that got the pull.  a few days after every hard pull, i pull all 3 reports using this method.  as i said, i've been doing this for years and i'm certainly not mistaken.  this falls in the "i know it works, i've seen me do it" category.

You're definitely not officially entitled to one report at each bureau when your credit only got pulled at one of them, what's more likely is that they don't check. I bet it works even with no pull at any bureaus, maybe what we should be saying is: You can get your credit report for free this way, recent pulls or not.

P.s. Why do you always have the quote underneath? Doesn't that make it harder for people to see what you're responding to?