Author Topic: Kiruv help  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
Kiruv help
« on: March 20, 2014, 12:13:18 PM »
Rabbi Lewis runs a program called the Rutgers Jewish Experience (RJX), designed to place non-observant lost souls into a religious setting on campus. He happens to be good at it. I promise you that pitching Judaism to people like me all day is not an easy task, but he’s tolerated years’ worth of grief, mostly from me, seemingly unphased.

Anyway, right now he's gearing up for a series of huge Shabbos dinners on campus. Picture a room full of 100 of confused college kids with off-colored kipahs which were handed them at the door, all assuring each other they never do this kind of thing at the same time. The way it works is roughly one in 10 of these kids will become more observant. Almost all of them will find themselves in Israel in the near future through RJX programming.

Rabbi Lewis estimates a price tag of $1000-$1500 for each dinner . Ira offered to match every dollar donated by Eastern employees up to $500. If we hit that($1000) by tomorrow night I'll wear the funny hat on my head from now on at the office.

You can donate online at http://www.rutgersjx.com/home/partner-with-rjx, or just make a check out to RJX and hand it to me. If you opt-in, let me know the amount so I can organize numbers for Ira and thank you in advance.

Please post your donation......If we hit 10k he will start wearing Tzsis

Offline MarkS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile