Author Topic: Fixing a crashed car  (Read 1254 times)

Offline RavKahaneTzadak

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Fixing a crashed car
« on: March 25, 2014, 02:53:19 PM »
Someone sideswiped me and Geico is paying for the damage to get fixed under his policy.
I am fixing the essential work and am not fixing the cosmetic damage and pocketing the rest of the payment. The damage to the axle was more expensive than Geico gave so I asked the mechanic to request more money from them to fix it and he refused, saying that unless I fix the entire damage that they paid for, you can not request more. Is this true? Does anybody have experience with this? Thank you.

Offline HowYaDoin

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Fixing a crashed car
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 04:10:50 PM »
Someone sideswiped me and Geico is paying for the damage to get fixed under his policy.
I am fixing the essential work and am not fixing the cosmetic damage and pocketing the rest of the payment. The damage to the axle was more expensive than Geico gave so I asked the mechanic to request more money from them to fix it and he refused, saying that unless I fix the entire damage that they paid for, you can not request more. Is this true? Does anybody have experience with this? Thank you.
the answer to all autobody related questions.....call viggy

Offline smee123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 08:49:05 AM »
makes sense, if you had gone thru the mechanic they fix whatever needs to be done. But when you take the check, i think thats where it ends.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 07:43:19 PM »
Be careful not to bend the law in any way. Geico knows how to go after people.