Cool thing they also have there is an extensive list of filtering options:
https://filters.pluckeye.net/

Filters for PC:
Call TAG 718-225-5824 (718-Call-TAG)
www.usanativ.com           8-12/mo 95-140/yr per 2 devices     
www.techloq.com (Windows)            9.49/mo 99.49/yr per device
www.NetFree.link (Windows)            free
www.netsafepro.com           10-12/mo per device 9-10/mo additional
www.netsparkmobile.com/ (Android and Windows)            9.50/mo 89/yr per device
www.covenanteyes.com/services/internet-filtering / http://webchaver.org/filtering.php           15.99/mo unlimited devices scree captures
www.netnanny.com (Android, iOS, PC, Mac)           40/yr 55/yr per device
https://truple.io (Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, Chromebook [iOS coming soon]) - randomly captures and shares screenshots with accountability partner.                                    5-16/mo 50-160/yr (ranging from 1-unlimited devices)

http://www.livigent.com
==built on Livigent==
www.meshimer.com                      8-15/mo per device
www.geder.org
www.gentechsolution.com                   39/qtr per device

More info see https://venishmartem.com/

Israel
https://www.tagisrael.org/
http://www.etrog.net.il/
http://www.enativ.com/
http://netfree.link/
http://www.rimon.net.il/
http://shomer.shoresh.org.il/

For Windows Phone
www.safekiddo.com/en_us/

For Android
https://truple.io/androidfilter.html (Free android filter)

For iPhone/iPad/iOs
Check out their quite easy and powerful content restrictions.
Suggestion: Have someone else have the password (or half and half with a spouse) and do the following:
Lock installing apps + remove browser + add apps you need (possible rules: no games, no sports, no entertainment, etc.).
[Occasionally an app will have a built in browser/or need to access a certain website - just go back in to settings (with password) and add that website].
There is time restrictions and more features too.
(May not be enough for teenagers - consult your own advisers - this solution sure beats doing nothing and there is no excuse)

DNS
https://www.opendns.com/ (can be used in routers or directly in PC) - Free
https://cleanbrowsing.org

Pricing info may not be accurate and is only on full filters (not email only), feel free to correct, and does not include installation costs. I am working on a comprehensive comparison list
here it is
« Last edited by jose34 on March 17, 2024, 12:08:52 AM »

Author Topic: Internet Filters  (Read 631721 times)

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Internet Filters
« Reply #180 on: May 07, 2013, 03:12:52 PM »
I am a total nOOn when it comes to this stuff, so hear me out.

I need to hide my IP address, but the problem is I have K9, which they are telling me is blocking them from connecting to hide my IP address.

Is there a way to hide your IP with K9(there has to be, jut not sure how to do it.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA

whitelist the site you are trying to use

Offline MEIR613

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 07, 2013, 03:23:06 PM »
whitelist the site you are trying to use
I unblocked the site and allowed the firewall through but its still telling me that somethings blocked

Offline churnbabychurn

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 07, 2013, 04:44:21 PM »
I unblocked the site and allowed the firewall through but its still telling me that somethings blocked
AFAIK in order to hide your IP you have to go through a proxy k9 specifically blocks proxy, set k9 to allow proxy and should be ok.

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 07, 2013, 10:27:29 PM »
Must have more than one address which are blocked.

Offline DanH

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 08, 2013, 06:03:12 AM »
Not sure what you mean by hide IP address.  But you can use VPN:
http://www.vpngate.net/en/download.aspx
For tech help feel free to Telegram me @DanTechSupp

Offline jack12

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #185 on: May 13, 2013, 11:27:04 PM »
Have you used it yet? Do you know if its easy to bypass?
I have not tried it

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 14, 2013, 12:31:17 AM »
If I set opendns on my router, is it true that it can easily be bypassed by changing the dns lookup of the computer?

Apparently you were right about this. You can get around openDNS by changing the DNS lookup on your computer. You can block this exploit by doing as follows: In the firewall section of the router, set a new rule for port 53 (the port through which all DNS request must pass through), blocking all IP ranges and allowing only the IP range of 208.67.220.220 to 208.67.222.222, which is the OpenDNS servers. This would effectively mean that if a user attempts to use Google's 8.8.8.8 DNS server on his local PC, the request will be blocked altogether. In some cases you can block port 53 entirely and OpenDNS will continue to work through port 5353, but if this doesn't work you can simply allow the OpenDNS range as explained above.

Hope this works for you!
Visibly Jewish

Offline jack12

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #187 on: May 14, 2013, 11:00:53 AM »
Yea they contacted me a while back about this, they're planning to make something in Flatbush in the next week or two to setup this filter.
http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/General+News/168035/PHOTOS%3A-Kiddush-Hashem-At-Flatbush-%27Filterthon%27-Event.html

Offline DH Data Recovery

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 14, 2013, 05:12:26 PM »
Yea, was really nice, hundreds of ppl

Offline snagger

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 14, 2013, 05:52:23 PM »
in the article it says they offer a filter for iphone that can even filter safari and other apps.. anyone aware of how that works? jailbreak?

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 14, 2013, 06:33:48 PM »
Problem with that filter is that it blocks itunes as well.

Offline snagger

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 14, 2013, 06:40:51 PM »
thx. but how does it work?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2013, 07:11:19 PM »
Lol...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 17, 2013, 07:19:29 AM »
Idk his entire rant sounds a little suspicious. This is a filter based on livigent which is pretty well known and established. I haven't spent enough time with vcf yet to tell you if it indeed has vulnerabilities but I doubt he did either and it seems to be a good filter. Some of thwe technicians that built this filter were from jnet and other companies so I'm pretty sure its stable. He doesn't back anything he says with any technical facts and its not like they're making much $ on this, most of it goes to the livigent platform. I highly suspect some ulterior motive to his post especially considering he puts it on the same level as k9 which is pretty easy to get around! (Just do one search for how to remove k9 and you'll see)

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 17, 2013, 09:58:33 AM »
Idk his entire rant sounds a little suspicious. This is a filter based on livigent which is pretty well known and established. I haven't spent enough time with vcf yet to tell you if it indeed has vulnerabilities but I doubt he did either and it seems to be a good filter. Some of thwe technicians that built this filter were from jnet and other companies so I'm pretty sure its stable. He doesn't back anything he says with any technical facts and its not like they're making much $ on this, most of it goes to the livigent platform. I highly suspect some ulterior motive to his post especially considering he puts it on the same level as k9 which is pretty easy to get around! (Just do one search for how to remove k9 and you'll see)
I haven't read his rant but livigent does have a solid reputation. Also I've heard that k9 is/has been rebuilt for windows 8 making the old exploits obsolete.
Edited: corrected typo
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 11:52:01 AM by elikay »

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 17, 2013, 10:16:15 AM »
K9 still can't filter youtube etc this one does have that ability, they are also working on adding image filtering. Its also easily managed - changes can be made even when the computer is offline which is a great feature and makes it easier for support

Offline dave345

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 17, 2013, 03:47:07 PM »
Somebody linked to my post, which brought me here. Yes. Im the guy that called this new vcf filter a scam. Trying to sell a product to people claiming that it's a better filter just because you say so, is in my book a scam.

Thanks for accusing me of having an ulterior motive, I'm unsure what motive I can have as I'm not selling any product. They are! My motive is to alert the public. You write "He doesn't back anything he says with any technical facts". Thats true but I think the ball lies in their hand to say why its a better filter. How can I bring facts to disprove something when they dont give any facts to back up their claim. The one reason I see you and they wrote is that K9 is easier to get around. I'm sorry but it's just as easy to get around a cloud filter as it is to get around K9. The fact that you can find more results on a google search to remove K9 is only because K9 is so much more popular.

This is the sole reason given on the site "Millions were invested in VCF technology to make sure the filter is impossible to uninstall or bypass." Do I need to list how many methods one can use to bypass or uninstall. I think its reasonable to say that those who are bringing in their computers to a shul so that they can install filters for them are not the most familiar with networking and how filters work, never-mind what a cloud filter is. What are they telling these people to get them to sign up for a monthly fee. I'm really curious as to what reason is given for this extra expense.

As this is a public forum not run by vinishmartem, I'm hoping we can get some basic facts as to why someone should spend any extra money on this filter. I'll be happy to recommend the product if I see any benefit from it.

Dovid

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 17, 2013, 04:10:26 PM »
Ok lets start with the facts, as one of the technicians at this event I can tell you that we weren't instructed what filter to recommend, many of us - Myself included - spent most of the day installing k9. In my experience so far, and as I have said before  I didn't spend that much time trying to crack this filter - but i haven't seen the vulnerabilities yet.

Now lets discuss your initial post -
1) You dismiss a product as a scam without any specific knowledge about this product.

2) You claim this how no benefit over K9 without knowing if this is indeed the case, or taking into account that K9 is a filter that can be bypassed pretty easily, if you Google k9 one of the first links that come up is how to get around it.

3) Venishmartem was never a money making organization - they were all about Public awareness and help, most of their website (especially until they produced their own filter) doesn't sell any of their own products.

4) They actually spent money and resources creating a free internet blocking app for blackberry.

5) if you read their filter guide you will see they clearly go thru each filter for each device with all the pros and cons.

6) Many technicians (myself included) try to help people by installing filters at these events - for no charge. In the following days we start getting calls I want facebook open, I want youtube blocked etc, we then have to teach a tech dummy how to install remote software and spend hours with this! This was one of the reasons I wasn't installing filters as much lately. With a cloud based filter this issue disappears - and since they pay for the filter per month they are entitled to full support and that in itself is very important.

7) You said "Thats true but I think the ball lies in their hand to say why its a better filter". Well in my book and I assume many other people the ball lies in your court to say why you feel something is a scam. Merely the fact that you dont know anything about it isn't a scam, call them and broaden your knowledge

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 17, 2013, 04:15:38 PM »
K9 still can't filter youtube etc this one does have that ability, they are also working on adding image filtering. Its also easily managed - changes can be made even when the computer is offline which is a great feature and makes it easier for support
It locks safe search which is fine for many...