Cool thing they also have there is an extensive list of filtering options:
https://filters.pluckeye.net/

Filters for PC:
Call TAG 718-225-5824 (718-Call-TAG)
www.usanativ.com           8-12/mo 95-140/yr per 2 devices     
www.techloq.com (Windows)            9.49/mo 99.49/yr per device
www.NetFree.link (Windows)            free
www.netsafepro.com           10-12/mo per device 9-10/mo additional
www.netsparkmobile.com/ (Android and Windows)            9.50/mo 89/yr per device
www.covenanteyes.com/services/internet-filtering / http://webchaver.org/filtering.php           15.99/mo unlimited devices scree captures
www.netnanny.com (Android, iOS, PC, Mac)           40/yr 55/yr per device
https://truple.io (Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, Chromebook [iOS coming soon]) - randomly captures and shares screenshots with accountability partner.                                    5-16/mo 50-160/yr (ranging from 1-unlimited devices)

http://www.livigent.com
==built on Livigent==
www.meshimer.com                      8-15/mo per device
www.geder.org
www.gentechsolution.com                   39/qtr per device

More info see https://venishmartem.com/

Israel
https://www.tagisrael.org/
http://www.etrog.net.il/
http://www.enativ.com/
http://netfree.link/
http://www.rimon.net.il/
http://shomer.shoresh.org.il/

For Windows Phone
www.safekiddo.com/en_us/

For Android
https://truple.io/androidfilter.html (Free android filter)

For iPhone/iPad/iOs
Check out their quite easy and powerful content restrictions.
Suggestion: Have someone else have the password (or half and half with a spouse) and do the following:
Lock installing apps + remove browser + add apps you need (possible rules: no games, no sports, no entertainment, etc.).
[Occasionally an app will have a built in browser/or need to access a certain website - just go back in to settings (with password) and add that website].
There is time restrictions and more features too.
(May not be enough for teenagers - consult your own advisers - this solution sure beats doing nothing and there is no excuse)

DNS
https://www.opendns.com/ (can be used in routers or directly in PC) - Free
https://cleanbrowsing.org

Pricing info may not be accurate and is only on full filters (not email only), feel free to correct, and does not include installation costs. I am working on a comprehensive comparison list
here it is
« Last edited by jose34 on March 17, 2024, 12:08:52 AM »

Author Topic: Internet Filters  (Read 648089 times)

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Internet Filters
« Reply #2860 on: December 01, 2023, 11:28:23 AM »
Which carrier does have blocks?

Not sure if any
but that's pretty crazy if there is no way to block calls made and received from these numbers!

Even with call only phones we cannot protect our children?

Offline Saulius

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: December 12, 2023, 10:59:10 AM »
Just found an app for Android "Stay Focused" - Stay Focused: App/Site Blocker

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stayfocused&hl=en&gl=US

Offline mevinyavin

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #2862 on: December 21, 2023, 02:09:20 PM »

...and our filter is so sophisticated, it prevents you from looking upon the faces of Reshaim...
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline cozmohoot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: January 15, 2024, 06:47:44 PM »
Just recently switched my Samsung phone to Techloq and so far so good.
For whatever Reason the filter from GT was so bad and I was barely able to use the browser.
TL isn't allowing tapatalk right now and the truth is there were ads that I didn't like...
@myi

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #2864 on: January 15, 2024, 07:07:17 PM »
Just recently switched my Samsung phone to Techloq and so far so good.
For whatever Reason the filter from GT was so bad and I was barely able to use the browser.
TL isn't allowing tapatalk right now and the truth is there were ads that I didn't like...
@myi
Happy to have supporters who favor a good filter.
 I'm not sure how gentech became so popular. It's one filter that needs some fine tuning all around. Yes to block stuff and disable stuff I get it. So that would explain why all flip users use it.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #2865 on: January 16, 2024, 08:57:52 AM »
This arrived in my spam folder. Anyone know anything about it? (Yes, I know, spam...) If you know how to crack Netfree, for the love of Hashem, please don't tell me / post it here.

אנו משתמשי החדרי מחשבים שזקוקים מדי פעם לשירותי מחשב ודוא"ל וכדו'
עד היום היינו משתמשים בחדרי מחשבים מפוקחים בלבד, נדהמנו לשמוע שכעת אין כל פיקוח על אותם חדרי מחשבים בבני ברק.

ובפרט אחרי הפרצה שנפלה בחסימה של נטפרי על המחשב בחדרי מחשבים, ורבני העיר בני ברק הסירו מהם את הכשרות, לכן, חובה קדושה מוטלת על כל מי שיראת ה' נוגעת בלבבו, לפעול ולהביא כשרות של רבנים ברי סמכא ומבינים בתחום, שיפקחו על חדרי המחשבים.
המצב כעת, שאין פיקוח של גוף כשרות מקובל הוא בלתי נסבל ובלתי נתפס. חוסו על נפשות צאצאיכם!
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: January 16, 2024, 09:28:42 AM »
This arrived in my spam folder. Anyone know anything about it? (Yes, I know, spam...) If you know how to crack Netfree, for the love of Hashem, please don't tell me / post it here.

אנו משתמשי החדרי מחשבים שזקוקים מדי פעם לשירותי מחשב ודוא"ל וכדו'
עד היום היינו משתמשים בחדרי מחשבים מפוקחים בלבד, נדהמנו לשמוע שכעת אין כל פיקוח על אותם חדרי מחשבים בבני ברק.

ובפרט אחרי הפרצה שנפלה בחסימה של נטפרי על המחשב בחדרי מחשבים, ורבני העיר בני ברק הסירו מהם את הכשרות, לכן, חובה קדושה מוטלת על כל מי שיראת ה' נוגעת בלבבו, לפעול ולהביא כשרות של רבנים ברי סמכא ומבינים בתחום, שיפקחו על חדרי המחשבים.
המצב כעת, שאין פיקוח של גוף כשרות מקובל הוא בלתי נסבל ובלתי נתפס. חוסו על נפשות צאצאיכם!
Its probably the same people who are against internet in general.
There really isn't a way to crack netfree and if there was then they would fix it in a second.
This group, who is always anti-internet, makes up lies upon lies to "save everyone from the tamei internet". As if it was Mutar to lie to save everyone who is on filtered internet that they got a Heter from their Rav.
It's sad but true.

Story i had personally from these guys:
There was a person standing outside a local shul with a loudspeaker telling of the evils of internet. One of the things blasting was "any Torah learned on the internet is a Mitzvah Haba B'Aveira"!
I take a look at the loud speaker and see that the electricity is coming from the shul.
I ask him if he got permission to use the shul's electricity.
He said he doesn't need to ask because he worked there 5 years ago...

Need i say more...

Offline Jojo202

• View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: January 16, 2024, 03:04:07 PM »
Anyone know of a good free way to block a PC to only allow one website? (Whitelist)
I just found this after a while:
(Its a kiosk mode Mozilla browser that you can lock down with many options)
https://openkiosk.mozdevgroup.com/
 seems okay, just curious if someone has past experience with this sort of thing.
[Usually I would be the one to say its not worth cheapening out on a filter, especially when its a PC, and there could be many workarounds, but this specific situation it will only be used by adults, in a supervised office setting, with literally only 1 non-risky site allowed, therefore I am thinking its okay...]

Offline cozmohoot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: January 16, 2024, 06:43:40 PM »
Happy to have supporters who favor a good filter.
 I'm not sure how gentech became so popular. It's one filter that needs some fine tuning all around. Yes to block stuff and disable stuff I get it. So that would explain why all flip users use it.
Oh and TL is actually blocking whatsapp channels properly!
GT picked and chose when to block them

Offline TzviR

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • [b]Learn to play for a kumzits in 5 weeks!
« Reply #2869 on: January 21, 2024, 10:05:10 PM »
Anyone know of a good free way to block a PC to only allow one website? (Whitelist)
I just found this after a while:
(Its a kiosk mode Mozilla browser that you can lock down with many options)
https://openkiosk.mozdevgroup.com/
 seems okay, just curious if someone has past experience with this sort of thing.
[Usually I would be the one to say its not worth cheapening out on a filter, especially when its a PC, and there could be many workarounds, but this specific situation it will only be used by adults, in a supervised office setting, with literally only 1 non-risky site allowed, therefore I am thinking its okay...]
There was a thread discussing exactly this a while back IIRC but I don't know where

My  prizes from CV :)

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: February 04, 2024, 05:35:42 AM »
Was in Shemesh internet cafe by the Mir for government matters (document copies and the like) and saw a nice laptop deal. When I tried to post it here, I was surprised to see the site blocked, categorized as 'addictive sites.' I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a Netfree thing or just a Chotam thing. (Netfree is the provider, Chotam is the org that runs many internet cafes here - they are the customer and can further choose to allow or block sites that Netfree allows.)

Offline DovidStroh

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: February 04, 2024, 08:57:31 AM »
Was in Shemesh internet cafe by the Mir for government matters (document copies and the like) and saw a nice laptop deal. When I tried to post it here, I was surprised to see the site blocked, categorized as 'addictive sites.' I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a Netfree thing or just a Chotam thing. (Netfree is the provider, Chotam is the org that runs many internet cafes here - they are the customer and can further choose to allow or block sites that Netfree allows.)

"Addictive Sites" is a NetFree category. I assume that the internet cafe or the org blocked that category.

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: February 04, 2024, 09:19:33 AM »
It's true.
DDF is EXTREMLY ADDICTIVE!
Consider yourselves warned.
I'm serious BTW.

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: February 04, 2024, 11:16:52 AM »
"Addictive Sites" is a NetFree category. I assume that the internet cafe or the org blocked that category.
I'm aware. So either Chotam JUST added addictive sites to the list of things they block (highly unlikely IMHO - pretty sure such a thing would have been blocked by now), or (more likely) DDF just got recategorized as addictive. Lechora. A small third option is that DDF had been listed as an exception to the blocking at Chotam and they now changed their mind.
My point is that it was open not that long ago (except JS, as everyone here knows by now) and is now completely blocked.

It's true.
DDF is EXTREMLY ADDICTIVE!
Consider yourselves warned.
I'm serious BTW.
+1  8)

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: February 04, 2024, 04:42:33 PM »
Oh and TL is actually blocking whatsapp channels properly!
GT picked and chose when to block them
Been using TL for some time now. There's definitely room for improvement.  In short, works well. Speed is great. But they block and require you to request many sites to open. It's more blocked then open. I find any site they're not sure off or it sounds funny, or just not a common site they block. I expect the filter company to do the work and not that I request each and every site and app I need access to.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Jojo202

• View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: February 04, 2024, 05:54:10 PM »
Been using TL for some time now. There's definitely room for improvement.  In short, works well. Speed is great. But they block and require you to request many sites to open. It's more blocked then open. I find any site they're not sure off or it sounds funny, or just not a common site they block. I expect the filter company to do the work and not that I request each and every site and app I need access to.
Yes, I once spoke to them about this, I feel like once one person requests an unknown website, and they open it, They should have more of a crowdsourcing model so that it opens for everyone. Once a human is reviewing it, they might as well put a category, especially if its a Jewish website. Their answer was basically we don't do that, unless we get tons and tons of requests for the same page. I'm also bothered About the request page flow. You have to put in your code (With seemingly no way to bypass, even if you are the only user on the computer), then click request, Click next. And then duration.... Each screen requires you to click next in between, instead of just having all the information show up on 1 screen. Sounds like a minor nitpick, but it's also a minor fix for them that can make it a lot easier to deal with when you keep popping onto lock pages. Also, I don't get the duration thing because it goes by when they unlock it. So if I request it for an hour, and then they approve it the next day for an hour that barely does anything to help me.... I do really like the filter overall though. And the CS

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: February 04, 2024, 06:47:22 PM »
Yes, I once spoke to them about this, I feel like once one person requests an unknown website, and they open it, They should have more of a crowdsourcing model so that it opens for everyone. Once a human is reviewing it, they might as well put a category, especially if its a Jewish website. Their answer was basically we don't do that, unless we get tons and tons of requests for the same page. I'm also bothered About the request page flow. You have to put in your code (With seemingly no way to bypass, even if you are the only user on the computer), then click request, Click next. And then duration.... Each screen requires you to click next in between, instead of just having all the information show up on 1 screen. Sounds like a minor nitpick, but it's also a minor fix for them that can make it a lot easier to deal with when you keep popping onto lock pages. Also, I don't get the duration thing because it goes by when they unlock it. So if I request it for an hour, and then they approve it the next day for an hour that barely does anything to help me.... I do really like the filter overall though. And the CS
Well said.
  The 3 page unlock request is probably to avoid requesting to open sites.
 So for example on my Samsung device where I have my YT blocked, and should I want to access a site I'll have to request that page. I use YT alot for how to videos. and if you're familiar you'll many times need to watch a few seconds of a video to see if its anything helpful or not. But having to request each video and waiting till it's unlocked is a real bummer. Would take me 25 min to scan through a few videos just because of the filter and all the unlock screens.  I end up pulling out my laptop and having to watch the videos on there till I find the desired video. (That's the next project putting a filter on that.)
  Also to answer your 1 hr request, I find that one hour like you mentioned is useless when they unlock it when I'm fast asleep.  So I tend to request 3 days which also takes another 10 seconds each time to have to switch the dates and time.  It's bothersome but then again there doesn't seem to be any decent filter so I guess it is what it is.
 There's a flaw on every filter I tried so far with youtube videos. Really easy to watch each and every blocked video. Prob a fix for it. But never bothered to mention it.(when I lose patience waiting for that one requested how to video to be unlocked, I just go that route to watch it.) It's a pain to have to go that route, but works.
    Don't think there is much hope with filters being perfect in every way or trying to fix all the flaws.
Gentech is great it has whatsapp support, but the filter is horrible. Techloq is decent but you got to email and wait around from 1-5 min.
 Whatever.. that's all I can say.

Offline motec bb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: February 04, 2024, 07:46:00 PM »

Gentech is great it has whatsapp support, but the filter is horrible.
Can you elaborate?
In terms of speed? Ability to filter content?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: February 05, 2024, 12:12:40 AM »
Can you elaborate?
In terms of speed? Ability to filter content?
Start from this post. https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=3985.msg2744827#msg2744827
 And skim through the next 1-2 pages.
 You'll get to see my rant about filters. I have lots to say about each company. So many flaws and hiccups.
 Yes I paid and tested each company's filter for a few months. From, purifeye, Netspark, Gentech, and lastly Techloq. Techloq is definitely the fastest but they block every site. I mean it literally. If I go back and count my email requests? How many unlock request for different webpages I probably have a few hundred.   Someone like myself who's looking at all different sites. From stocks, medicine, how to, and occasionally needing to read up on reddit and quara. And different forums. Each and every site they block for potential adult content and alike, very common they label it as unknown content. Don't know what to say more. If they are a filtering company they should be able to have the webpages filtered and screened, vs blocking each page because of unknown content.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 12:17:28 AM by myi »

Offline rbs-g1.5

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: February 05, 2024, 02:52:44 PM »
(That's the next project putting a filter on that.)
Do you mean you are  like a guy who keeps kosher only at home ,just the oppposite?