Cool thing they also have there is an extensive list of filtering options:
https://filters.pluckeye.net/

Filters for PC:
Call TAG 718-225-5824 (718-Call-TAG)
www.usanativ.com           8-12/mo 95-140/yr per 2 devices     
www.techloq.com (Windows)            9.49/mo 99.49/yr per device
www.NetFree.link (Windows)            free
www.netsafepro.com           10-12/mo per device 9-10/mo additional
www.netsparkmobile.com/ (Android and Windows)            9.50/mo 89/yr per device
www.covenanteyes.com/services/internet-filtering / http://webchaver.org/filtering.php           15.99/mo unlimited devices scree captures
www.netnanny.com (Android, iOS, PC, Mac)           40/yr 55/yr per device
https://truple.io (Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, Chromebook [iOS coming soon]) - randomly captures and shares screenshots with accountability partner.                                    5-16/mo 50-160/yr (ranging from 1-unlimited devices)

http://www.livigent.com
==built on Livigent==
www.meshimer.com                      8-15/mo per device
www.geder.org
www.gentechsolution.com                   39/qtr per device

More info see https://venishmartem.com/

Israel
https://www.tagisrael.org/
http://www.etrog.net.il/
http://www.enativ.com/
http://netfree.link/
http://www.rimon.net.il/
http://shomer.shoresh.org.il/

For Windows Phone
www.safekiddo.com/en_us/

For Android
https://truple.io/androidfilter.html (Free android filter)

For iPhone/iPad/iOs
Check out their quite easy and powerful content restrictions.
Suggestion: Have someone else have the password (or half and half with a spouse) and do the following:
Lock installing apps + remove browser + add apps you need (possible rules: no games, no sports, no entertainment, etc.).
[Occasionally an app will have a built in browser/or need to access a certain website - just go back in to settings (with password) and add that website].
There is time restrictions and more features too.
(May not be enough for teenagers - consult your own advisers - this solution sure beats doing nothing and there is no excuse)

DNS
https://www.opendns.com/ (can be used in routers or directly in PC) - Free
https://cleanbrowsing.org

Pricing info may not be accurate and is only on full filters (not email only), feel free to correct, and does not include installation costs. I am working on a comprehensive comparison list
here it is
« Last edited by jose34 on March 17, 2024, 12:08:52 AM »

Author Topic: Internet Filters  (Read 647956 times)

Offline yungermanchik

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
Re: Internet Filters
« Reply #2880 on: February 05, 2024, 03:19:28 PM »
The way to click through from one site to another https://ad.doubleclick.net/ is blocked by GenTech, somehow it's considered youtube related. Will unblocking it create issues?
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline motec bb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: February 05, 2024, 04:29:08 PM »

I have lots to say about each company. So many flaws and hiccups.

Ok thank you
 Btw have you tried MB Smart? It's TAG's relatively new filter. I think you can only sign up at their offices. If you test it out, let us know.

Offline TzviR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • [b]Learn to play for a kumzits in 5 weeks!
« Reply #2882 on: February 05, 2024, 04:41:20 PM »
occasionally needing to read up on reddit
Does it work for you once you unblock it? I have Techloq on my computer and the few times I had a reddit page unblocked the content didn't show anyway.

My  prizes from CV :)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #2883 on: February 05, 2024, 04:43:46 PM »
Do you mean you are  like a guy who keeps kosher only at home ,just the oppposite?
To be honest, the device I have in my pocket is the device i want to have a filter on. Vs the laptop which I use occasionally that stays on the table plugged in and people roaming around was not my priority. Right now I'm working on finding a filter and then we'll work on putting on all my devices.
 But thanks for the encouragement.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: February 05, 2024, 04:49:13 PM »
Does it work for you once you unblock it? I have Techloq on my computer and the few times I had a reddit page unblocked the content didn't show anyway.
So the annoying part with my filter, I went through tag to find out which filter they recommend and told them all that i have tried, they sent me a link for techloq which they recommended. It's discounted a few dollars when going through tag, but the annoying part is they restrict more, I probably can ask to open more if needed. But Whenever I request a site if it's based on tags settings. I have to email tag VS emailing teqloch. Meaning sometimes each other will tell me I have to contact each other. So I started sending requests via email with bcc to each.

And to answer your question. Yes, whenever I request a specifc page they unlock that one page with no issues. Can take some time till they respond. But works just fine.

Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #2885 on: February 05, 2024, 06:16:44 PM »
+1
Just the question but not the answers
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline a1234

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: February 05, 2024, 07:34:20 PM »
Yes, I once spoke to them about this, I feel like once one person requests an unknown website, and they open it, They should have more of a crowdsourcing model so that it opens for everyone. Once a human is reviewing it, they might as well put a category, especially if its a Jewish website.
Netfree does exactly this.

Offline Jojo202

• View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: February 05, 2024, 10:38:01 PM »
Netfree does exactly this.
Yes they do, but in a somewhat ridiculous way.  Actually, not exactly. With Netfree once you request something, it unlocks for everybody, not just gets categorized. If you have something that is very important, but may not be suitable for 100 percent of the audience (i.e. a specific medical site) they will not unlock it, no matter what-because it unlocks for everyone. There has to be a happy medium where most things can unlock for everyone-if it is universally suitable, or get categorized, which can then be filtered to everyone according to their specific category set.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: February 05, 2024, 11:48:10 PM »
Yes they do, but in a somewhat ridiculous way.  Actually, not exactly. With Netfree once you request something, it unlocks for everybody, not just gets categorized. If you have something that is very important, but may not be suitable for 100 percent of the audience (i.e. a specific medical site) they will not unlock it, no matter what-because it unlocks for everyone. There has to be a happy medium where most things can unlock for everyone-if it is universally suitable, or get categorized, which can then be filtered to everyone according to their specific category set.
That's an interesting filter.

Offline Jojo202

• View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: February 06, 2024, 12:27:58 AM »
That's an interesting filter.
What is?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: February 06, 2024, 12:43:04 AM »
What is?
The fact that they do all or nothing. I find it fascinating they charge 150-200$ for an average filter and they can't get their act together to perfect the filters. instead they pay an office full of employees replying to the unlock requests.

Offline Moshe Green

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: February 06, 2024, 03:12:11 AM »
The fact that they do all or nothing. I find it fascinating they charge 150-200$ for an average filter and they can't get their act together to perfect the filters. instead they pay an office full of employees replying to the unlock requests.
No filter is perfect and the human element is a huge part of any filter.

What is pritzus for one is ruchnius for another (for example, a woman giving a shiur).
What is business for one person is addictive for another.
What is Kfira for one is Torah for another.

I agree with you that filters should find their niche and perfect it as much as possible but the human factor will always be a necessity.

Offline yfr bachur

• View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: February 06, 2024, 07:13:19 AM »

AFAIK Well, close.
For everyone if you have the most open kehilla. There are other kehillot that are more closed.
Also there IS a vaadat charigim - exceptions committee - to have specific sites opened for individual users... You just have to know to ask for it - and be able to prove your professional need and have a your rav on board with it... 

Offline whacked1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: February 26, 2024, 05:44:21 PM »
My son is coming of age that i'm going to get him a computer. Without reviewing 58 pages, what is the easiest recommended filter?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: February 26, 2024, 05:50:18 PM »
My son is coming of age that i'm going to get him a computer. Without reviewing 58 pages, what is the easiest recommended filter?
each filter has what the offer.
I would honestly try techloq.
There may be a discount if you go through tag

Offline shulem92

• View Profile
« Reply #2895 on: March 15, 2024, 10:48:52 AM »
currently have an iphone with whitelisted sites. for some reason, a website which has something embedded doesnt load. anyone have any idea why that may be? both the website and the source page for the embedded link are both allowed on my whitelist

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: March 15, 2024, 02:09:31 PM »
currently have an iphone with whitelisted sites. for some reason, a website which has something embedded doesnt load. anyone have any idea why that may be? both the website and the source page for the embedded link are both allowed on my whitelist
For starters clear the cookies and cache data.

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: March 16, 2024, 03:30:48 PM »
Wow! What a milestone!
May him and his Kallah see only nachas from their children and have much Bracha and Hazlocha!

Offline jose34

• View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: March 17, 2024, 12:09:14 AM »
Check the Wiki.

Offline Flatbush

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: March 17, 2024, 12:20:45 AM »
We would like to set up a separate user account on the laptop for the kids with a whitelist. I added a user with family settings etc but there is no option to switch users even when restarting. This is on a laptop using Windows 10. If anyone can help would be much appreciated.