Cool thing they also have there is an extensive list of filtering options:
https://filters.pluckeye.net/

Filters for PC:
Call TAG 718-225-5824 (718-Call-TAG)
www.usanativ.com           8-12/mo 95-140/yr per 2 devices     
www.techloq.com (Windows)            9.49/mo 99.49/yr per device
www.NetFree.link (Windows)            free
www.netsafepro.com           10-12/mo per device 9-10/mo additional
www.netsparkmobile.com/ (Android and Windows)            9.50/mo 89/yr per device
www.covenanteyes.com/services/internet-filtering / http://webchaver.org/filtering.php           15.99/mo unlimited devices scree captures
www.netnanny.com (Android, iOS, PC, Mac)           40/yr 55/yr per device
https://truple.io (Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, Chromebook [iOS coming soon]) - randomly captures and shares screenshots with accountability partner.                                    5-16/mo 50-160/yr (ranging from 1-unlimited devices)

http://www.livigent.com
==built on Livigent==
www.meshimer.com                      8-15/mo per device
www.geder.org
www.gentechsolution.com                   39/qtr per device

More info see https://venishmartem.com/

Israel
https://www.tagisrael.org/
http://www.etrog.net.il/
http://www.enativ.com/
http://netfree.link/
http://www.rimon.net.il/
http://shomer.shoresh.org.il/

For Windows Phone
www.safekiddo.com/en_us/

For Android
https://truple.io/androidfilter.html (Free android filter)

For iPhone/iPad/iOs
Check out their quite easy and powerful content restrictions.
Suggestion: Have someone else have the password (or half and half with a spouse) and do the following:
Lock installing apps + remove browser + add apps you need (possible rules: no games, no sports, no entertainment, etc.).
[Occasionally an app will have a built in browser/or need to access a certain website - just go back in to settings (with password) and add that website].
There is time restrictions and more features too.
(May not be enough for teenagers - consult your own advisers - this solution sure beats doing nothing and there is no excuse)

DNS
https://www.opendns.com/ (can be used in routers or directly in PC) - Free
https://cleanbrowsing.org

Pricing info may not be accurate and is only on full filters (not email only), feel free to correct, and does not include installation costs. I am working on a comprehensive comparison list
here it is
« Last edited by jose34 on March 17, 2024, 12:08:52 AM »

Author Topic: Internet Filters  (Read 631489 times)

Offline ElectricCPR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Internet Filters
« Reply #2220 on: January 27, 2020, 12:06:04 PM »
Categories are how any base works you block everything except what you need
I'm asking for a filter that filters based on trade. Categories not necessarily allows everything associated with the trade and sometimes will allow things that are inappropriate

Offline M218

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: January 27, 2020, 04:33:16 PM »
I'm asking for a filter that filters based on trade. Categories not necessarily allows everything associated with the trade and sometimes will allow things that are inappropriate
the only option then is a white list filter

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2222 on: January 28, 2020, 08:19:44 AM »
Is kosher meat free? For kosher food we spend double but for Kosher eyes neh waste of money?
If there is something free available then why pay?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline M218

• View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: January 28, 2020, 05:56:47 PM »
If there is something free available then why pay?
Because History showed that free products like K9 don`t keep you safe
The fact is that if someone like TAG is on top of you you are much more safe
same thing with Glatt meat you always try to buy the best Hecshrim even if the other is good/fine

Offline ziv716

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
    • TechLogic Computer Experts
« Reply #2224 on: January 28, 2020, 06:58:04 PM »
Because History showed that free products like K9 don`t keep you safe
The fact is that if someone like TAG is on top of you you are much more safe
same thing with Glatt meat you always try to buy the best Hecshrim even if the other is good/fine
A free product will never be as reliable as something that was designed with our specific needs in mind.

Offline Hiding

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: January 28, 2020, 08:45:21 PM »
I am trying to decide which filter to use, any help would be appreciated.
Do some filters have more categories that you can decide on, more then other filters?
Do I have to send in a form to change my preferences, or I can simply toggle on and off which categories I want, and turn it on and off as needed like k9? Do all filters make my internet connection go through their servers? Which ones slow down your internet the least?

Offline Yisroel Tech

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: January 28, 2020, 08:49:07 PM »
A free product will never be as reliable as something that was designed with our specific needs in mind.
And why isn't it possible that there is something created with our specific needs and it is free? I'm not saying there is, but a user here asks to find out if it exists something like it.

If you don't know, shut up... if you know that it does not exist answer that it doesn't exist, and finish  :-X

(Just an example, the build-in free Apple method (that TAG used to use, maybe they still do) for iPhone to completely remove all apps except for a shortlist is certainly as robust and reliable as Gentech Safe or similar solutions for Android. Despite not being "designed with our specific needs in mind".)

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: January 28, 2020, 08:52:57 PM »
Do some filters have more categories that you can decide on, more then other filters?
Do I have to send in a form to change my preferences, or I can simply toggle on and off which categories I want, and turn it on and off as needed like k9? Do all filters make my internet connection go through their servers? Which ones slow down your internet the least?
All known good "filters" route the traffic through them (this is the only way to get realtime accurate filtering). As far as I experienced, none of them really noticeably (noticeable in use, actual speed might be slowed) slow down the internet much.

Techloq, I believe is the most simple to set up yourself (you can choose the categories and options while creating the account).

Offline ltttc

• View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: January 28, 2020, 11:05:04 PM »
All known good "filters" route the traffic through them (this is the only way to get realtime accurate filtering). As far as I experienced, none of them really noticeably (noticeable in use, actual speed might be slowed) slow down the internet much.

Techloq, I believe is the most simple to set up yourself (you can choose the categories and options while creating the account).
Am I doing something wrong if I constantly have to request access to certain sites? It's not the end of the world, but it's quite annoying to be doing it multiple times a day.

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: January 28, 2020, 11:39:13 PM »
Am I doing something wrong if I constantly have to request access to certain sites? It's not the end of the world, but it's quite annoying to be doing it multiple times a day.
If they are all in a certain category, then perhaps you need to allow that category.

Offline ziv716

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
    • TechLogic Computer Experts
« Reply #2230 on: January 29, 2020, 02:36:01 AM »
And why isn't it possible that there is something created with our specific needs and it is free? I'm not saying there is, but a user here asks to find out if it exists something like it.

If you don't know, shut up... if you know that it does not exist answer that it doesn't exist, and finish  :-X

(Just an example, the build-in free Apple method (that TAG used to use, maybe they still do) for iPhone to completely remove all apps except for a shortlist is certainly as robust and reliable as Gentech Safe or similar solutions for Android. Despite not being "designed with our specific needs in mind".)
Wow. Intense.

Of course there are some free "tools" out there that can be tweeked to make it work for some people.
Don't forget that iPhone built-in restrictions is NOT a filter. It's just as it's name suggests "restrictions".

I will reiterate, free "filters" are usually not as reliable as the ones created with "our" needs in mind.

BTW, I'm part of TAG.

Offline Definitions

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: January 31, 2020, 02:53:36 AM »
Wow. Intense.
+1
I think that's harshest thing I've seen him say :)
Maybe I read it the wrong way.
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: January 31, 2020, 10:43:26 AM »
+1
I think that's harshest thing I've seen him say :)
Maybe I read it the wrong way.
Haha... didn't mean to put off anyone, but TBH that is not the answer to what the asker was asking, so why distract?

He asked if there is anything free, and there certainly is a possibility that there is something there free, he should'nd be made fun of. But indeed my response was to the wrong post (I meant the one starting this with the rhetorical "Is kosher meat free? For kosher food we spend double but for Kosher eyes neh waste of money?")

Offline ElectricCPR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: February 02, 2020, 08:35:24 AM »
the only option then is a white list filter
Any recommendations and how does it work?

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: February 03, 2020, 06:16:41 PM »
I am looking forward to the answers to your post.
I have the same questions.

I would add, how is Nativ compared to filters?
Also, if I find that Nativ or a filter is negatively impacting my computer can I completely uninstall it?
Also, do Nativ and/or filters track your information (i.e. medical research, financial, passwords, etc.)?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 06:31:29 PM by ae123 »

Offline M218

• View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: February 04, 2020, 04:24:33 AM »
Haha... didn't mean to put off anyone, but TBH that is not the answer to what the asker was asking, so why distract?

He asked if there is anything free, and there certainly is a possibility that there is something there free, he should'nd be made fun of. But indeed my response was to the wrong post (I meant the one starting this with the rhetorical "Is kosher meat free? For kosher food we spend double but for Kosher eyes neh waste of money?")
Btw I`m also part of TAG
And for your answer on Apple restrictions: most people don`t know how to install it properly and you could take it off in the click of a button (yes even if your wife/friend has your code) And yes we did enough yeshiva runs in TAG and showed the buchrim that their filter was taken off with one click.
Gentech has created a free program which blocks all internet (thats not a filter thats a block) Or you could install Gentech paid version which also works thru restrictions but allows you to choose what you want. In short words there isin`t a good free filter out there that works for anyone with more then one cent brains because most free products he could uninstall himself while there is such a thing as a free block all thru TAG which was provided by some nice filtering company`s who understood the problem and aren`t here only to make money (Techloq/Gentech)

There is still one way to do it by signing up for a new apple account Thru your friends Email address and he should have all your codes.... Which then the phone is filtered 75% with restrictions on and almost impossible to live with....

Again there is some times that you could have restrictions on as a good filter thru TAG (I keep on refering to TAG because most people don`t know what they are doing, when doing it themselfs) but the second you need a drop more it needs to be paid version.

Three points I want to make:
1. TAG IS A FREE ORGANIZATION All of our services are free of charge.
The expenses of the office are supported by donations. (The filter companies charge for their filtering) And all our workers are volunteers

2. maybe you aren`t a WIZ but your child IS twice as smart (phones are addictive kids love it)

3. אין חכם כבעל הנסיון there are enough people who came in crying when it was to late already

ALL of the above staments was refering to TAG ISRAEL while other offices might have different rules
For more info visit https://www.TAGISRAEL.org

Offline M218

• View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: February 04, 2020, 04:37:09 AM »
Any recommendations and how does it work?
Depends on which device
Apple: Gentech paid version and choose the websites you need on
Android: Netspark paid version and choose the websites you need on
a whitelist filter takes some time to install because you need to put in each site separate
if you need it on a computer the best is Techloq
This is my personal opnion based on the feedback I heard

You could take your answer from the above answer or say which type of device? And we could try to help!
BTW, I'm part of TAG.
I Vouch for @ziv716 I know who he is and what he does in TAG great TECH EXPERT
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 04:41:17 AM by M218 »

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: February 04, 2020, 11:49:57 AM »
I have gentech and overall I'm happy. One issue they haven't been able to solve for me, I get the following message when trying to access flyertalk
Quote from: flyertalk
Error 1005 Ray ID: 55fe1c618defe6d0 • 2020-02-04 16:44:43 UTC
Access denied
What happened?
The owner of this website (www.flyertalk.com) has banned the autonomous system number (ASN) your IP address is in (20473) from accessing this website.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 55fe1c618defe6d0
Performance & security by Cloudflare
this seems to be flyertalk blocking and not Gentech.
Any solutions besides switching filters?

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: February 04, 2020, 12:03:18 PM »
I have gentech and overall I'm happy. One issue they haven't been able to solve for me, I get the following message when trying to access flyertalkthis seems to be flyertalk blocking and not Gentech.
Why not have Gentech exclude FlyerTalk completely (not only that it shouldn't be filtered but it shouldn't go through their network at all)?

Offline M218

• View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: February 04, 2020, 12:04:50 PM »
I have gentech and overall I'm happy. One issue they haven't been able to solve for me, I get the following message when trying to access flyertalkthis seems to be flyertalk blocking and not Gentech.
In general some websites don`t allow access from outside USA (Office Depot, Rite Aid, Shoprite) flyertalk.com does allow outside U.S. but they might block certain types of IP Address.
Are you using a different program whats scrambling? If you don`t most times Gentech could help 718-436-8324 +442034686155 or try support@gentechsolution.com