Cool thing they also have there is an extensive list of filtering options:
https://filters.pluckeye.net/

Filters for PC:
Call TAG 718-225-5824 (718-Call-TAG)
www.usanativ.com           8-12/mo 95-140/yr per 2 devices     
www.techloq.com (Windows)            9.49/mo 99.49/yr per device
www.NetFree.link (Windows)            free
www.netsafepro.com           10-12/mo per device 9-10/mo additional
www.netsparkmobile.com/ (Android and Windows)            9.50/mo 89/yr per device
www.covenanteyes.com/services/internet-filtering / http://webchaver.org/filtering.php           15.99/mo unlimited devices scree captures
www.netnanny.com (Android, iOS, PC, Mac)           40/yr 55/yr per device
https://truple.io (Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, Chromebook [iOS coming soon]) - randomly captures and shares screenshots with accountability partner.                                    5-16/mo 50-160/yr (ranging from 1-unlimited devices)

http://www.livigent.com
==built on Livigent==
www.meshimer.com                      8-15/mo per device
www.geder.org
www.gentechsolution.com                   39/qtr per device

More info see https://venishmartem.com/

Israel
https://www.tagisrael.org/
http://www.etrog.net.il/
http://www.enativ.com/
http://netfree.link/
http://www.rimon.net.il/
http://shomer.shoresh.org.il/

For Windows Phone
www.safekiddo.com/en_us/

For Android
https://truple.io/androidfilter.html (Free android filter)

For iPhone/iPad/iOs
Check out their quite easy and powerful content restrictions.
Suggestion: Have someone else have the password (or half and half with a spouse) and do the following:
Lock installing apps + remove browser + add apps you need (possible rules: no games, no sports, no entertainment, etc.).
[Occasionally an app will have a built in browser/or need to access a certain website - just go back in to settings (with password) and add that website].
There is time restrictions and more features too.
(May not be enough for teenagers - consult your own advisers - this solution sure beats doing nothing and there is no excuse)

DNS
https://www.opendns.com/ (can be used in routers or directly in PC) - Free
https://cleanbrowsing.org

Pricing info may not be accurate and is only on full filters (not email only), feel free to correct, and does not include installation costs. I am working on a comprehensive comparison list
here it is
« Last edited by jose34 on March 17, 2024, 12:08:52 AM »

Author Topic: Internet Filters  (Read 639673 times)

Offline lcm

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Internet Filters
« Reply #2780 on: January 30, 2023, 11:52:24 PM »
Is this better than truple?
Seems different in many ways.
Seems more like conventional nonheimish filters, just with heimish features.
I wouldnt book truple right next to conventional or heimish filters

Offline points 99

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: March 02, 2023, 01:37:51 PM »
Is there a thread for using filtered devises in flight?
I flew American and my laptop has Nativ whitelist filter. In order to use the inflight internet, you need to login and pay, but that webpage needs to be whitelisted before the flight, otherwise the filter won't allow access to that page.
(request https://airbornesecure.inflightinternet.com/app/ssocp/payment/ to be opened before you fly AA)
On United, you need to request access to unitedwifi.com before you fly in order to be able to pay for the internet on board

Anyone knows how to access internet on United using a phone with GenTech filter? I was with a couple people who were all trying to use the free Whatsapp messaging, and we could not get it to work. The only workaround we had was to pay for the internet service on laptop, and then make it into a hotspot, and connect the phone there

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #2782 on: March 02, 2023, 02:50:23 PM »
I flew American and my laptop has Nativ whitelist filter. In order to use the inflight internet, you need to login and pay, but that webpage needs to be whitelisted before the flight, otherwise the filter won't allow access to that page.
(request https://airbornesecure.inflightinternet.com/app/ssocp/payment/ to be opened before you fly AA)
On United, you need to request access to unitedwifi.com before you fly in order to be able to pay for the internet on board

Anyone knows how to access internet on United using a phone with GenTech filter? I was with a couple people who were all trying to use the free Whatsapp messaging, and we could not get it to work. The only workaround we had was to pay for the internet service on laptop, and then make it into a hotspot, and connect the phone there
Does Gentech allow for you to pause the filter like with netspark and pureyefi?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Jojo202

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: March 02, 2023, 03:10:48 PM »
Does Gentech allow for you to pause the filter like with netspark and pureyefi?
Not sure about that, but I know techloq on PC has a mode specifically for that. It has a Hotspot mode to login that works well. Should be a universal feature.

Offline Yisroel Tech

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: March 02, 2023, 03:35:11 PM »
I think that in the GenTech app there is an option Hotspot or Captive Portal for things like this (but not sure if it allows enough to be able to pay as well.)

Offline motec bb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: March 02, 2023, 05:51:19 PM »

I had this issue as well with Gentech when flying.
Officially there is a hotspot login option in the app, but it doesn't always work.
I contacted them, they said that a lot of hotspots, including airline WiFi are unable to connect with the filter active. They ended up pausing my filter for the duration of the flight.
Just reach out to them by phone before the flight.
They said they were working on a long term solution.
I still have the issue though.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: March 02, 2023, 06:18:32 PM »
   My little TR about Netspark. Any other recommendations out there that I should try that you guys are happy with for an android device?

In my journey of finding a reliable Android device filter, I have tried several options in the past, unfortunately to no avail. My latest attempt at filtering, through the use of Netspark, has been ongoing for over a year now. While the filter does offer an array of capabilities, allowing for the customization of filtering levels for individual apps and the ability to bypass certain websites and apps, it has not proven to be the best fit for my needs.

In particular, the filter does not filter any ads and significantly slows down the loading of web pages by one to two minutes when using mobile data. Notably, the filter also presents issues with several popular apps, such as Walmart, Tracfone, and Amazon, causing further frustration. These challenges have resulted in a significant amount of time wasted per search, ultimately rendering the filter inefficient.

Beyond its limited functionality, Netspark comes with a steep price tag of over $150 per year. Considering its poor performance, I am unwilling to invest in a product that fails to meet my needs. Moreover, frequent pausing of the filter is not a viable solution,(yes you can pause the filter for a select amount of time, which is what i end up doing very frequently)and the filter also drains the phone battery, causing me to be connected to a battery pack or being busy charging it 3 times a day.

In light of these challenges, I am open to recommendations for an alternative, reliable filter solution.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Jojo202

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: March 02, 2023, 07:07:51 PM »
   My little TR about Netspark. Any other recommendations out there that I should try that you guys are happy with for an android device?
In light of these challenges, I am open to recommendations for an alternative, reliable filter solution.
Not really a mobile user, but overall it seems like Gentech is overall more efficient/reliable than netspark. Just my feeling.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: March 02, 2023, 07:13:40 PM »
Not really a mobile user, but overall it seems like Gentech is overall more efficient/reliable than netspark. Just my feeling.
At this point it's probably my best bet I'll probably end up trying it.

Offline Chow

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: March 02, 2023, 09:14:34 PM »

In particular, the filter does not filter any ads
unfortunately Gentech does not filter ads in a app

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2790 on: March 02, 2023, 09:16:17 PM »
In regards to a website. Don't have issues with the apps.

Offline WAM

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: March 02, 2023, 11:55:30 PM »
It can.
It depends on the app and your settings.
I use whitelist mode. It took time to set up, but it's usually ok. Not perfect.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 01:14:11 AM by WAM »

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: March 02, 2023, 11:55:58 PM »
At this point it's probably my best bet I'll probably end up trying it.
Try it for a month before committing to a year

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: March 03, 2023, 12:17:55 AM »
Try it for a month before committing to a year
Good idea for starters.
 Not sure what I would try next after this if I'm not happy. Or let's hope it's a decent product.

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: March 03, 2023, 01:12:39 AM »
Good idea for starters.
 Not sure what I would try next after this if I'm not happy. Or let's hope it's a decent product.
There are different types of configurations.
What exactly are you looking for?
ETA - with Gentech, I use the whitelist option.
Everything that needs the internet is blocked unless you open it. All apps, the browser, webview, etc.

The initial setup took some time. I went through each app on my phone, asked them open this, but not that...
They can allow sites and try to gray out ppl (optional).
If you install yourself, without Tag, you will have more control.
If you want less control over the filter, install at Tag.

You can request to whitelist a site directly from the browser. For the most part, they respond within 10 minutes.
You can also chat via WhatsApp or within the Gentech app. You can call or email as well.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 01:21:02 AM by WAM »

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: March 03, 2023, 04:00:12 AM »
There are different types of configurations.
What exactly are you looking for?
ETA - with Gentech, I use the whitelist option.
Everything that needs the internet is blocked unless you open it. All apps, the browser, webview, etc.

The initial setup took some time. I went through each app on my phone, asked them open this, but not that...
They can allow sites and try to gray out ppl (optional).
If you install yourself, without Tag, you will have more control.
If you want less control over the filter, install at Tag.

You can request to whitelist a site directly from the browser. For the most part, they respond within 10 minutes.
You can also chat via WhatsApp or within the Gentech app. You can call or email as well.
   "I'm not looking to have a filter to keep me off the internet. I want it because I want my content filtered, and more so, if someone uses my device, they shouldn't be able to access or see things they shouldn't. In the world we live in, one is expected to have a filter (leaving aside the discussion of whether I'm that type or not). I'm happy to pay for one for my own sanity and so that others can see that I have one, and they should make the right choice based on what they see me do. People see what others do and have and base their decisions on that. So, I'm doing my part.

Now, I'm always researching and reading articles on my device. It can be random sites, from YouTube how-to videos (my primary use on YouTube), deals, shopping, reading, etc., so I kind of need, or would like to have, the browser open.

And being that there are times when I'm flying or going on sites that don't allow for a proxy, VPN, or some other filter (such as banking, buying tickets to shows and games for resale, and the like), I need the capability to pause the filter for a few minutes or be in control of it, if possible.

I want the filter, and I'm happy to have it, even if it costs me money, time for each page to load, and having to charge my phone more frequently. I just need a product that works. I'm not paying $150 just to say that I have an app called Netspark, and it's a filter on my device (although I don't tell people that I pause it 50% of the time because some websites don't work properly or load properly). Hence, I'm looking for an alternative that works flawlessly, or at least, they are constantly trying to improve.

I hope you can understand the basic idea."

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: March 03, 2023, 09:27:35 AM »
Thank you for the detailed response.
I think Gentech can do all that for you.
It's fully customizable.
When you are signing up, let them know what your expectations are and confirm that they'll let you easily pause the filter when needed.
I do pause the filter occasionally and they usually try to first solve the issue without pausing. If I don't have the time or patience I tell them I don't want their help figuring out what is wrong, just pause the whole thing (until I no longer need or paused), thank you. That works to speed things up.

I don't know how it will affect your battery, I don't use my galaxy S8 much and it usually gets me to nighttime. Newer phones have bigger batteries.

Offline a1234

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: March 06, 2023, 02:24:25 PM »
I don't know how it will affect your battery, I don't use my galaxy S8 much and it usually gets me to nighttime. Newer phones have bigger batteries.
I haven't noticed any significant decrease in battery life, after installing Gentech

Offline Mayerzo

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: March 15, 2023, 03:08:54 PM »
Guys
Heard from a trusted source that Techloq is about to roll out a android filter in the next 2 months.. This should solve all issues.

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: March 17, 2023, 12:18:00 AM »
What would it bring to the table that Gentech doesn't already offer?