Cool thing they also have there is an extensive list of filtering options:
https://filters.pluckeye.net/

Filters for PC:
Call TAG 718-225-5824 (718-Call-TAG)
www.usanativ.com           8-12/mo 95-140/yr per 2 devices     
www.techloq.com (Windows)            9.49/mo 99.49/yr per device
www.NetFree.link (Windows)            free
www.netsafepro.com           10-12/mo per device 9-10/mo additional
www.netsparkmobile.com/ (Android and Windows)            9.50/mo 89/yr per device
www.covenanteyes.com/services/internet-filtering / http://webchaver.org/filtering.php           15.99/mo unlimited devices scree captures
www.netnanny.com (Android, iOS, PC, Mac)           40/yr 55/yr per device
https://truple.io (Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, Chromebook [iOS coming soon]) - randomly captures and shares screenshots with accountability partner.                                    5-16/mo 50-160/yr (ranging from 1-unlimited devices)

http://www.livigent.com
==built on Livigent==
www.meshimer.com                      8-15/mo per device
www.geder.org
www.gentechsolution.com                   39/qtr per device

More info see https://venishmartem.com/

Israel
https://www.tagisrael.org/
http://www.etrog.net.il/
http://www.enativ.com/
http://netfree.link/
http://www.rimon.net.il/
http://shomer.shoresh.org.il/

For Windows Phone
www.safekiddo.com/en_us/

For Android
https://truple.io/androidfilter.html (Free android filter)

For iPhone/iPad/iOs
Check out their quite easy and powerful content restrictions.
Suggestion: Have someone else have the password (or half and half with a spouse) and do the following:
Lock installing apps + remove browser + add apps you need (possible rules: no games, no sports, no entertainment, etc.).
[Occasionally an app will have a built in browser/or need to access a certain website - just go back in to settings (with password) and add that website].
There is time restrictions and more features too.
(May not be enough for teenagers - consult your own advisers - this solution sure beats doing nothing and there is no excuse)

DNS
https://www.opendns.com/ (can be used in routers or directly in PC) - Free
https://cleanbrowsing.org

Pricing info may not be accurate and is only on full filters (not email only), feel free to correct, and does not include installation costs. I am working on a comprehensive comparison list
here it is
« Last edited by jose34 on March 17, 2024, 12:08:52 AM »

Author Topic: Internet Filters  (Read 639538 times)

Offline DovtheBear

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Regus Gold, Hertz 5 Star, National Executive, Sixt Platinum, Chase Debit, Rav Kav Emerald
Re: Internet Filters
« Reply #320 on: May 23, 2013, 09:05:17 PM »
Does any one have tags number in boro park
Hotline-718-437-1824
"להסתובב זה לא אומר להיות חופשי"

Offline popcorn1508

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: national executive elite, hertz presidents circle
« Reply #321 on: May 23, 2013, 09:10:24 PM »
Thanks

Offline chaimmayer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 23, 2013, 10:50:30 PM »
Do you have the ip updater installed?
yes
it was filtering again this morning and now it stopped >:(

Offline yoshyosh

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 147
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 24, 2013, 05:57:42 PM »
any one know a filter that cant be bypassed by freegate

Offline myuser

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 30, 2013, 11:47:23 PM »
any one know a filter that cant be bypassed by freegate

Like you know how to bypass K9, I don't know why I get the feeling everyone posting about a filter which cannot be bypassed easily has no clue how to bypass K9 or other similar filters.

Offline myuser

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 30, 2013, 11:59:37 PM »
I spoke to someone who installed the Venishmartem VCF filter using Livigent he told me every design or image even a template if it has any yellow orange or the family of skin color in it, it will modify the design or image with black and if it has too much of that color the image will be blocked altogether.

Imagine you see a building what has skin color in it instead of seeing the true color you will see it in black this is an unbelievable product I can't even believe they would consider offering this as a filtering solution.

Offline Moishel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 31, 2013, 12:04:00 AM »

Like you know how to bypass K9, I don't know why I get the feeling everyone posting about a filter which cannot be bypassed easily has no clue how to bypass K9 or other similar filters.
Oh please! anyone who's just a bit techie can reset the K9 password in no time.

Offline myuser

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 31, 2013, 12:17:36 AM »
Oh please! anyone who's just a bit techie can reset the K9 password in no time.
Please go ahead and explain how to do it, please explain how you remove the latest release of K9, I also know how to talk but how to do is a different story

Offline Moishel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 31, 2013, 01:29:28 AM »
I'm not in the business of telling people how to override their bosses/parents filters, but GIYF, and I as a technician have done so many a time. I'm not getting involved in your K9 vs VCF debate, as I have never seen it up close, but I believe that no filter is truly foolproof. It's all relative to how strong the person wants to bypass it, and how much time and effort he puts into it.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 06, 2013, 06:53:42 PM »
Latest Update: Spoke to some techs for vcf and its founder - few hundred users, so far almost no complaints. TAG is switching from K9 to VCF as well, Support is just so much easier to deal with and so are the licenses. BlueCoat (K9) has no proper cloud support for regular home systems yet.

Almost no system lag reported yet with standard VCF. Very slight lag reported if you enable the image filter.

They're in the process of creating a more updated image filter that does a better job differentiating between colors as well.

@myuser confirmed with Livigent - Their system doesn't run through any proxy, it only updates itself with a list every couple of minutes confirming if site classifications changed.

So, doesn't seem to be that bad.

Offline myuser

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 06, 2013, 10:59:15 PM »
DH Data Recovery, I have no response besides time will talk everything you mentioned is as true as if they have a few hundred users, and what they claim they have no complaints I would say it's about time for them to start responding to the complaints as I know from several users who tried the product that it took forever to get a response and when they got one it was usually nonsense.

DH Data Recovery, instead of going back and forth you are a technician why don't you take a few minutes install it and see it yourself? I could then have a healthy debate and conversation with you, when you tell me you confirmed with Livigent that it's not a proxy you just made me laugh, can we not be so stupid for sure it's a proxy how does the product work if it's not, even K9 proxies the URLs.

Anyways please try it and then tell me how good it is.......

Offline myuser

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 06, 2013, 11:05:17 PM »
DH Data Recovery, about your claims with TAG, they are getting totally confused by the talk around image and live content filtering while they know people are not interested they are under pressure of the rabbinical authority to install those products only, it's a shame because they themselves know this will put them as an extreme organization and will basically be the end of their popularity, people will lose their trust in them and in this whole topic if they still have any trust at this point.

Offline myuser

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 06, 2013, 11:15:04 PM »
I just found this comment in a article on the Internet, meshimer filter is the same filter as VCF Pro filter (Powered by Livgent).

Meshimer filter is not just a regular Internet filter it requires installation of a custom certificate so it can have visibility to all private and secure activity.

By filtering private and secure activity they have full visibility to all secure transactions including your banking, passwords or other online transactions, they will know exactly how many bank accounts and money is available to their members see all email conversations and so on.

In America we call this a breach of privacy in simple terms this product is illegal.

This product is illegal and disgusting, they do not disclose their visibility, you are vulnerable to hacking and other dangerous aspects of the Internet.

They block everything including modifying images with skin color it's annoying, It works like a slow-moving truck, if you don't believe me try it yourself.

Time will tell, I wish them all good luck, they will be one day on the news and it's going to be disgusting like anything you had seen.

"To me this is very scary and does not sound too good"

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #333 on: June 06, 2013, 11:27:43 PM »
I just found this comment in a article on the Internet, meshimer filter is the same filter as VCF Pro filter (Powered by Livgent).

Meshimer filter is not just a regular Internet filter it requires installation of a custom certificate so it can have visibility to all private and secure activity.

By filtering private and secure activity they have full visibility to all secure transactions including your banking, passwords or other online transactions, they will know exactly how many bank accounts and money is available to their members see all email conversations and so on.

In America we call this a breach of privacy in simple terms this product is illegal.

This product is illegal and disgusting, they do not disclose their visibility, you are vulnerable to hacking and other dangerous aspects of the Internet.

They block everything including modifying images with skin color it's annoying, It works like a slow-moving truck, if you don't believe me try it yourself.

Time will tell, I wish them all good luck, they will be one day on the news and it's going to be disgusting like anything you had seen.

"To me this is very scary and does not sound too good"

You sound like you have a chip.
Do you work for a competitor?

Offline myuser

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 06, 2013, 11:35:33 PM »
You sound like you have a chip.
Do you work for a competitor?
No I used to work at B&H I am a Satmar member and at one point I volunteered by TAG if that helps you.

I can't stand this whole thing, I raise my voice in the beginning in B&H as so did others, I decided to educate people as much as I could from what I learned when I was at B&H from the technicians.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 06, 2013, 11:38:51 PM »
In response to your first post, they don't need to proxy, they assign categories to websites and update as such. You can confirm this with the company if you'd like and get back to me.
The reason why TAG is starting to use this software is for a few reasons. 1) its extremly difficult to manage the licenses for each user under k9 and very hard to update each one. If k9 crashes it usually blocks access to internet completely which makes it more difficult to configure as well. The cloud option makes it possible to make changes for the end user at any time.
I have spoken to some ppl as well and so far haven't heard any complaints that it took a while to get a response from VCF. If you know otherwise you can have the ppl send me an email and I will bring it up with them the next time I speak to VCF.
The second reason they switch from k9 is they don't feel it works that well and I will explain why. Many ppl install k9 themselves and split the password with their spouse or aquaintance figuring that will be a deterent, but since they use their email add for the license - they can get a temp password whenever they want and it thereby makes k9 useless.
With regard to the last quote - I don't believe that's true at all so his complaint is unfounded.
If you really want to see the way this filter works behind the scenes and are actually unbiased in your opinion, send me a pm and I will arrange a teamviewer session with one of architects of this filter and you can decide if you like the way it works.

Offline myuser

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 06, 2013, 11:53:14 PM »
I don't need an explanation on the product as I worked on it at B&H as I explained before.

While we were not supposed to see any modesty images the company did shootings including the following wedding http://www.bhphotovideo.com/indepth/photography/tips-solutions/here-comes-bride-wedding-photographer-andy-marcus with other such events, we all felt they are double facing us.

The people selling the Livgent products will have their workarounds for a good Internet experience the same as the technicians at B&H otherwise how could they put together this project, the others will stay to suffer the consequences as I posted above.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 06, 2013, 11:59:58 PM »
like I said time will tell. If they provide a good service they will grow, otherwise they will end up where jnet and others went..
I will say this - as a technician k9 is really simple to install but really difficult to maintain when the end user starts requesting changes or when starts conflicting with some antiviruses.
VCF takes more time to fully customize and setup, but much easier to maintain.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 07, 2013, 12:02:47 AM »
No I used to work at B&H I am a Satmar member and at one point I volunteered by TAG if that helps you.

I can't stand this whole thing, I raise my voice in the beginning in B&H as so did others, I decided to educate people as much as I could from what I learned when I was at B&H from the technicians.
For a satmar member your language and writing skills are very impressive!

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 07, 2013, 12:04:17 AM »
btw meshimer charges twice as much as VCF for this same filter