Cool thing they also have there is an extensive list of filtering options:
https://filters.pluckeye.net/

Filters for PC:
Call TAG 718-225-5824 (718-Call-TAG)
www.usanativ.com           8-12/mo 95-140/yr per 2 devices     
www.techloq.com (Windows)            9.49/mo 99.49/yr per device
www.NetFree.link (Windows)            free
www.netsafepro.com           10-12/mo per device 9-10/mo additional
www.netsparkmobile.com/ (Android and Windows)            9.50/mo 89/yr per device
www.covenanteyes.com/services/internet-filtering / http://webchaver.org/filtering.php           15.99/mo unlimited devices scree captures
www.netnanny.com (Android, iOS, PC, Mac)           40/yr 55/yr per device
https://truple.io (Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, Chromebook [iOS coming soon]) - randomly captures and shares screenshots with accountability partner.                                    5-16/mo 50-160/yr (ranging from 1-unlimited devices)

http://www.livigent.com
==built on Livigent==
www.meshimer.com                      8-15/mo per device
www.geder.org
www.gentechsolution.com                   39/qtr per device

More info see https://venishmartem.com/

Israel
https://www.tagisrael.org/
http://www.etrog.net.il/
http://www.enativ.com/
http://netfree.link/
http://www.rimon.net.il/
http://shomer.shoresh.org.il/

For Windows Phone
www.safekiddo.com/en_us/

For Android
https://truple.io/androidfilter.html (Free android filter)

For iPhone/iPad/iOs
Check out their quite easy and powerful content restrictions.
Suggestion: Have someone else have the password (or half and half with a spouse) and do the following:
Lock installing apps + remove browser + add apps you need (possible rules: no games, no sports, no entertainment, etc.).
[Occasionally an app will have a built in browser/or need to access a certain website - just go back in to settings (with password) and add that website].
There is time restrictions and more features too.
(May not be enough for teenagers - consult your own advisers - this solution sure beats doing nothing and there is no excuse)

DNS
https://www.opendns.com/ (can be used in routers or directly in PC) - Free
https://cleanbrowsing.org

Pricing info may not be accurate and is only on full filters (not email only), feel free to correct, and does not include installation costs. I am working on a comprehensive comparison list
here it is
« Last edited by jose34 on March 17, 2024, 12:08:52 AM »

Author Topic: Internet Filters  (Read 631157 times)

Offline LeeW

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Internet Filters
« Reply #400 on: June 17, 2013, 10:49:00 PM »
If you have an issue with your children's school making VCF mandatory, you can either; A- find a school with a more lenient position on internet filters or B- install VCF and install K9. Coming here, arguing ad nausea with DH who has no affiliation with VCF, and especially publishing ways around VCF accomplishes nothing and makes you look like you have a personal vendetta against Venishmartem.

Offline chaimmayer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 18, 2013, 11:54:03 AM »
Apparently he is under the impression that satmar reads ddf and now that he exposed the filter on Ddf that'll show satmar and they won't push it on him.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 18, 2013, 12:22:01 PM »
Just received an email from Livigent saying that this was a bug, they have since released an updated version where this vulnerability has been patched...

Offline myuser

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 18, 2013, 05:37:49 PM »
Just received an email from Livigent saying that this was a bug, they have since released an updated version where this vulnerability has been patched...
Very good let them fix this bug until the next one becomes available, I am just curious how do they plan to update all those installations done already, they claim it's in the thousands.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 18, 2013, 07:19:30 PM »
I assume automatic updates - just like every other program... c'mon you're smarter and better than this

Offline myuser

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 18, 2013, 08:18:42 PM »
I assume automatic updates - just like every other program... c'mon you're smarter and better than this
I think you will agree with me on the following statement.
If it's so they can at any time update the software automatically and fix the bugs the product might have potential otherwise if they have to manually reinstall the software for every update they will have it's going to be a big failure as you know of being a technician it's not going to happen.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 18, 2013, 08:36:41 PM »
100% Correct.
This can't be some patchwork half baked program - if they want it to work, they must run it the same way we would expect any professional anti-virus type program to run. If they find a bug they need and hopefully will update and rectify it immediately,

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 18, 2013, 10:13:19 PM »
I think you will agree with me on the following statement.
If it's so they can at any time update the software automatically and fix the bugs the product might have potential otherwise if they have to manually reinstall the software for every update they will have it's going to be a big failure as you know of being a technician it's not going to happen.

and therefore... (never mind, I don't really want to hear another rant of yours ::) )

Offline myuser

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 18, 2013, 10:47:26 PM »
and therefore... (never mind, I don't really want to hear another rant of yours ::) )
And therefore!! Keep talking like a looser, I didn't talk to you I spoke to DH Data Recovery and go elsewhere if you don't like it.

Offline chaimfried

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 19, 2013, 05:06:24 PM »
I use K9, being that I am not tech savvy, it works perfect for me.I am not interested in knowing ways to bypass it. If you publish a way to bypass it, you are uninstalling the filter to my computer. If you want to take responsibility for uninstalling the filter on many not tech savvy people's computers, go ahead and publish the bypass. The ends don't always justify the means. It is irresponsible IMHO to publish filter bypasses.

No it does NOT work perfectly for you as you have UNFILTERED internet, you do have an operating system on your computer that is filtered as long as I don't tell you how to remove it, or as long as you don't reinstall the OS, or as long as  you don't boot that same computer to a different OS (live cd, usb etc).
It is very responsible to publish how to bypass it, as it will make you aware that you have unfiltered internet, since for some reason you are too dumb to understand that otherwise.

Offline chaimfried

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 19, 2013, 05:11:36 PM »
chaimfried, I am with you I have no disagreement a filter should be placed on every computer or on any device connecting to the Internet.

Our conversations goes a step further where organizations are looking to enforce a particular solution claiming their product is better protected than others like the free K9, therefore making rules not to accept kids without their recommend solution.

I felt obligated to post how simple its to remove their recommend filter it's a wake-up call for them to reconsider what they are doing, stop playing with our kids and using them as a tool to enforce your new moneymaking machine called filter.

The reason for that is as follows, for one minute think about filtering in 2 steps:
1. Program that enforces the filter.
2. The filtering technology employed.
The program (1 above) is the same garbage - k9 or any other - the filtering OTOH (2 above) Meshimer promises filtering beyond any place any other filter has ever gone. Thats why (I think) the mosdos want that one.

I just have a different issue with all this, if one passes their driving test it doesn't mean they wont kill someone with their car. If you allow unfiltered internet in a house, how on earth is that good enough just because they once installed a filter?

Offline chaimfried

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 19, 2013, 05:15:22 PM »
+1000,000
No yid should ever be a mesayea ledvar  aveira.

Only problem is that if YOU got yourself UNFILTERED internet I'm not the mesayea ledvar aveira.

Offline chaimfried

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 19, 2013, 05:18:39 PM »

Blah, blah, blah.
I already told them how to bypass that one too.
Point is its always bypassable AND if you use a software filter you ALWAYS have unfiltered internet at home/office.

Offline hocker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 19, 2013, 05:23:30 PM »
And therefore!! Keep talking like a looser, I didn't talk to you I spoke to DH Data Recovery and go elsewhere if you don't like it.
Did you have a rough childhood?

#JustWondering

Offline myuser

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 19, 2013, 06:40:18 PM »
The reason for that is as follows, for one minute think about filtering in 2 steps:
1. Program that enforces the filter.
2. The filtering technology employed.
The program (1 above) is the same garbage - k9 or any other - the filtering OTOH (2 above) Meshimer promises filtering beyond any place any other filter has ever gone. Thats why (I think) the mosdos want that one.

I just have a different issue with all this, if one passes their driving test it doesn't mean they wont kill someone with their car. If you allow unfiltered internet in a house, how on earth is that good enough just because they once installed a filter?
I am asking the same questions what is a filter software worth if the physical location is open with no restrictions I could connect any other device, disable the filtering software, boot up with multiple operating systems use USB drives and so on.

They are all continuing fooling themselves a software solution will always have the ability to be disabled no matter how you call it.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 19, 2013, 06:46:15 PM »
Blah, blah, blah.
I already told them how to bypass that one too.
Point is its always bypassable AND if you use a software filter you ALWAYS have unfiltered internet at home/office.
The point of a filter is to filter not to paralyze. There's a way around everything! Hardware filters, software filters everything! If someone really wants he will get himself another unfiltered device or a million other tricks. The point of a filter is A. Protect your family from accidentally getting to the wrong place. B. Protect yourself as much as possible in your moments of weakness etc.
This conversation started off regarding a specific filter and we discussed and addressed most of it.
@chaimfried I'm completely confused as to what your saying, are you saying no filters? are you saying that since they can be bypassed by someone with enough skill its entirely worthless? That's the equivalent of telling me not to use a firewall because it can still be hacked!

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 19, 2013, 06:58:19 PM »
Any useful info in this thread? Would like to know what options are compatible with win8?

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 19, 2013, 06:59:25 PM »
Pretty much same as win 7

Offline myuser

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 19, 2013, 07:01:19 PM »
DH Data Recovery, there is a very strong discussion you know as a current volunteer and me as a past volunteer at TAG, the question about after installing software we still have the physical Internet unfiltered and this stays to be a huge problem, is this acceptable? from the other side there are kosher Internet providers but what are they worth with no software on the physical device knowing you could connect wirelessly to other unprotected Internet connections, a proper complete solution requires both, and none of the products we discussed K9, Meshimer filter, Venishmartem VCF Pro filter or any other Livigent filter addresses completely, by requiring one over the other you are basically fooling with the unfamiliar end-user and keeping him exposed to the unknown.

Offline myuser

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 19, 2013, 07:08:11 PM »
Any useful info in this thread? Would like to know what options are compatible with win8?
According to TAG it's not permissible to have Windows 8 in the name of Bal Shevet HaLevi until further notice.