Cool thing they also have there is an extensive list of filtering options:
https://filters.pluckeye.net/

Filters for PC:
Call TAG 718-225-5824 (718-Call-TAG)
www.usanativ.com           8-12/mo 95-140/yr per 2 devices     
www.techloq.com (Windows)            9.49/mo 99.49/yr per device
www.NetFree.link (Windows)            free
www.netsafepro.com           10-12/mo per device 9-10/mo additional
www.netsparkmobile.com/ (Android and Windows)            9.50/mo 89/yr per device
www.covenanteyes.com/services/internet-filtering / http://webchaver.org/filtering.php           15.99/mo unlimited devices scree captures
www.netnanny.com (Android, iOS, PC, Mac)           40/yr 55/yr per device
https://truple.io (Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, Chromebook [iOS coming soon]) - randomly captures and shares screenshots with accountability partner.                                    5-16/mo 50-160/yr (ranging from 1-unlimited devices)

http://www.livigent.com
==built on Livigent==
www.meshimer.com                      8-15/mo per device
www.geder.org
www.gentechsolution.com                   39/qtr per device

More info see https://venishmartem.com/

Israel
https://www.tagisrael.org/
http://www.etrog.net.il/
http://www.enativ.com/
http://netfree.link/
http://www.rimon.net.il/
http://shomer.shoresh.org.il/

For Windows Phone
www.safekiddo.com/en_us/

For Android
https://truple.io/androidfilter.html (Free android filter)

For iPhone/iPad/iOs
Check out their quite easy and powerful content restrictions.
Suggestion: Have someone else have the password (or half and half with a spouse) and do the following:
Lock installing apps + remove browser + add apps you need (possible rules: no games, no sports, no entertainment, etc.).
[Occasionally an app will have a built in browser/or need to access a certain website - just go back in to settings (with password) and add that website].
There is time restrictions and more features too.
(May not be enough for teenagers - consult your own advisers - this solution sure beats doing nothing and there is no excuse)

DNS
https://www.opendns.com/ (can be used in routers or directly in PC) - Free
https://cleanbrowsing.org

Pricing info may not be accurate and is only on full filters (not email only), feel free to correct, and does not include installation costs. I am working on a comprehensive comparison list
here it is
« Last edited by jose34 on March 17, 2024, 12:08:52 AM »

Author Topic: Internet Filters  (Read 638703 times)

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Internet Filters
« Reply #440 on: June 21, 2013, 04:07:36 PM »
And I would not let my 9 year old use internet unsupervised, period.

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 21, 2013, 04:09:45 PM »
I have to admit cute post.
That said, while you mention valid points why you think your line doesn't have to be filtered because you don't have kids of age etc. You still have an unfiltered line at home.

You might not see it as an issue, but those that want to impose the filter on you do see it as an issue and their lack of understanding what they are doing is the issue here.

As for why I would publish how to bypass (btw, I didn't yet on this one, even though I have a simple way to bypass it, but I did for Nativ). Since those that release it claim its not possible to bypass and the fact that some techies can bypass means nothing. It is therefore important to publish it so that the claim of non techies is wrong.

There's no way of telling who's 9 year old is a techie that knows how to bypass it.
If you walk into one of the Satmar Rebbes and show him how easy it is to bypass the filters he recommends, you'll get much more done, then by explaining how to bypass it on DDF and possibly cause people to fall Lesheol Tachtis.

I'm not saying it's easy to just walk into the Satmer Rebbe, but where there's a will there's a way.

I support everything you are saying, I just don't agree with causing people to sin.

If it's true what Elikay says about you, I believe you have an Achrayus to expose bad filtering - BUT in a responsible manner.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 04:13:04 PM by Baruch »

Offline chaimfried

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 21, 2013, 04:10:05 PM »
I doubt בי"ד ש"מ will go for that :'( there are much better ways to accomplish things...

I don't get this

Offline chaimfried

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 21, 2013, 04:11:05 PM »
And I would not let my 9 year old use internet unsupervised, period.
It would be too late. He might bring a DS into your house that he borrowed from a neighbor.

Offline chaimfried

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 21, 2013, 04:12:29 PM »
If you walk into one of the Satmar Rebbes and show him how easy it is to bypass the filters he recommends, you'll get much more done, then by explaining how to bypass it on DDF and possibly cause people to fall Lesheol Tachtis.

Posibbly, but I don't have the time for that.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 21, 2013, 04:15:11 PM »
If you care about it enough, that you think you can basically lay out on a public forum how to watch shmutz, to eager teenagers ......

I think you can get yourself over to Willie ....

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 21, 2013, 04:34:41 PM »
wow

Offline george

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 21, 2013, 04:46:13 PM »
@myuser
@chaimfried
You are both utterly irresponsible for even thinking about posting bypasses for filters that many users here currently have installed. Your agenda is noble; your actions are unspeakably stupid. I agree with your points that software filters are not a good enough solution etc. But what the heck do you think you are doing posting how to bypass? Worse, you won't admit you're wrong when other members here point it out!
Please, don't just post anything and everything that comes to your head. G-d supplied us all with a brain to *filter* what we should keep in our brain and what we should communicate to others. And that's a hardware filter! But apparently not flawless either :P

Offline chaimfried

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 21, 2013, 05:10:43 PM »
If you care about it enough, that you think you can basically lay out on a public forum how to watch shmutz, to eager teenagers ......

I think you can get yourself over to Willie ....

Nope, that you did by getting unfiltered Internet.
I care enough therefore I think it should be published.

Offline chaimfried

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 21, 2013, 05:15:52 PM »
@myuser
@chaimfried
You are both utterly irresponsible for even thinking about posting bypasses for filters that many users here currently have installed. Your agenda is noble; your actions are unspeakably stupid. I agree with your points that software filters are not a good enough solution etc. But what the heck do you think you are doing posting how to bypass? Worse, you won't admit you're wrong when other members here point it out!
Please, don't just post anything and everything that comes to your head. G-d supplied us all with a brain to *filter* what we should keep in our brain and what we should communicate to others. And that's a hardware filter! But apparently not flawless either :P

Blah blah blah.

You get yourself unfiltered Internet and because I'm the one that "safely" publishes how to bypass I'm wrong. Only because your kids might find out on their "own" if I don't publish it.

Irresponsibble is you as a father/boss that gets unfiltered internet.

Problem is you don't understand how it works. But you for some reason don't want to understand your kids/workers might understnad and they will one day bypass it.

Stop getting unfiltered internet and stop blaming the lock. Start blaming the ganev. In this case the one that has unfiltered Internet.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #450 on: June 21, 2013, 06:26:58 PM »
I seriously don't understand why you are all so excited about a hardware filter for a home user vs software filter. Hardware filter leaves you with an unfiltered laptop! Its easier to find an open wifi hotspot than it is to bypass the software filter most of the time!

There's a place for both of them, for any home environment its easier, more secure, and more probable to implement a software filter over a hardware filter. Yes a hardware filter has many benefits and is more secure - but it leaves much open which needs to be filled in with a software filter.

Nothing is completely filtered, but at least a 75% filter is better than no filter!

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 21, 2013, 07:08:40 PM »
I seriously don't understand why you are all so excited about a hardware filter for a home user vs software filter. Hardware filter leaves you with an unfiltered laptop! Its easier to find an open wifi hotspot than it is to bypass the software filter most of the time!

There's a place for both of them, for any home environment its easier, more secure, and more probable to implement a software filter over a hardware filter. Yes a hardware filter has many benefits and is more secure - but it leaves much open which needs to be filled in with a software filter.

Nothing is completely filtered, but at least a 75% filter is better than no filter!
+100

Offline chaimfried

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 21, 2013, 07:58:12 PM »

Git shabos. Answer after shabos.

Offline chaimfried

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 22, 2013, 10:58:41 PM »

Because of laptops let's all get unfiltered internet. 
Agreed on the nothing is completely filtered. For scenerios like this you are right a software filter is also needed. But in no way can a software filter be a filter for an unfiltered line.

Yes there's a place for all of them, but don't justify or worse push getting unfiltered internet.

My point is, software only is never a solution.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 22, 2013, 11:40:24 PM »
But neither is hardware only, and while I'm not saying don't get a hardware filter you seem to be saying don't get a software filter at all. That's what I'm having trouble understanding.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 22, 2013, 11:46:53 PM »
As a matter of fact in many ways hardware filters are more "unfiltered" than software filters are, especially for the common man. For most ppl k9 or many other solutions are a completely adequate filter for them and they will likely never know how to bypass it (unless someone with a chip on his shoulder decides that the right thing to do is to educate the world in how to bypass filters).

Hardware filters on the other hand filter the location mostly and not the device! Move locations and you're completely without any filter whatsoever! So please tell me why you think hardware is a better solution in most home environments, which is exactly where most of these software filters are implemented.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 23, 2013, 12:53:06 AM »
If everyone agrees that even with a hardware filter one can go to a public wifi spot and look at kal davar asur. Then publishing ways to bypass software filters is helping someone use a flitered laptop by a public wifi look at shmutz.

@chaimfried - get a conscience. Now that you figured out the ins and outs of tech - take a break and start learning some sifrei yiraah.

Offline chaimfried

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 23, 2013, 08:54:05 AM »
But neither is hardware only, and while I'm not saying don't get a hardware filter you seem to be saying don't get a software filter at all. That's what I'm having trouble understanding.

I never implied that, in fact my original post had outlined when a software filter is good. You broguht up another reason (a laptop).

My problem is when a software filter is considered a solution and as such one gets an unfiltered line.

Offline chaimfried

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 23, 2013, 08:57:21 AM »
As a matter of fact in many ways hardware filters are more "unfiltered" than software filters are, especially for the common man. For most ppl k9 or many other solutions are a completely adequate filter for them and they will likely never know how to bypass it (unless someone with a chip on his shoulder decides that the right thing to do is to educate the world in how to bypass filters).

Hardware filters on the other hand filter the location mostly and not the device! Move locations and you're completely without any filter whatsoever! So please tell me why you think hardware is a better solution in most home environments, which is exactly where most of these software filters are implemented.

This has been answered.

Just to clarify. The simplicity of bypassing the filter while an issue is not what I'm talking about, its the fact that the line is not filtered.

Offline chaimfried

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 23, 2013, 09:00:00 AM »
If everyone agrees that even with a hardware filter one can go to a public wifi spot and look at kal davar asur. Then publishing ways to bypass software filters is helping someone use a flitered laptop by a public wifi look at shmutz.

@chaimfried - get a conscience. Now that you figured out the ins and outs of tech - take a break and start learning some sifrei yiraah.

Wow this is nice, by you things are settled. All that's left is for me to get sifrei yirah.

Have you filtered your internet yet?

Do you have a computer at home?

Do you have any device at home that can connect to the internet?