Cool thing they also have there is an extensive list of filtering options:
https://filters.pluckeye.net/

Filters for PC:
Call TAG 718-225-5824 (718-Call-TAG)
www.usanativ.com           8-12/mo 95-140/yr per 2 devices     
www.techloq.com (Windows)            9.49/mo 99.49/yr per device
www.NetFree.link (Windows)            free
www.netsafepro.com           10-12/mo per device 9-10/mo additional
www.netsparkmobile.com/ (Android and Windows)            9.50/mo 89/yr per device
www.covenanteyes.com/services/internet-filtering / http://webchaver.org/filtering.php           15.99/mo unlimited devices scree captures
www.netnanny.com (Android, iOS, PC, Mac)           40/yr 55/yr per device
https://truple.io (Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, Chromebook [iOS coming soon]) - randomly captures and shares screenshots with accountability partner.                                    5-16/mo 50-160/yr (ranging from 1-unlimited devices)

http://www.livigent.com
==built on Livigent==
www.meshimer.com                      8-15/mo per device
www.geder.org
www.gentechsolution.com                   39/qtr per device

More info see https://venishmartem.com/

Israel
https://www.tagisrael.org/
http://www.etrog.net.il/
http://www.enativ.com/
http://netfree.link/
http://www.rimon.net.il/
http://shomer.shoresh.org.il/

For Windows Phone
www.safekiddo.com/en_us/

For Android
https://truple.io/androidfilter.html (Free android filter)

For iPhone/iPad/iOs
Check out their quite easy and powerful content restrictions.
Suggestion: Have someone else have the password (or half and half with a spouse) and do the following:
Lock installing apps + remove browser + add apps you need (possible rules: no games, no sports, no entertainment, etc.).
[Occasionally an app will have a built in browser/or need to access a certain website - just go back in to settings (with password) and add that website].
There is time restrictions and more features too.
(May not be enough for teenagers - consult your own advisers - this solution sure beats doing nothing and there is no excuse)

DNS
https://www.opendns.com/ (can be used in routers or directly in PC) - Free
https://cleanbrowsing.org

Pricing info may not be accurate and is only on full filters (not email only), feel free to correct, and does not include installation costs. I am working on a comprehensive comparison list
here it is
« Last edited by jose34 on March 17, 2024, 12:08:52 AM »

Author Topic: Internet Filters  (Read 639353 times)

Offline Yanky

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Internet Filters
« Reply #660 on: October 03, 2013, 11:55:14 PM »
So you completely agree with what I wrote.
To my understanding you are saying that those filters are strong enough to prevent non-technical people disabling it, for that I am saying they will find their way around even on a computer with a filter.

If you lock a door, a professional will pick the lock and opened the door while a nonprofessional will take a hammer and break it, they both will get in the only difference is that the professional did a clean job, the same is with Internet filtering if you have an addiction being a professional or nonprofessional you will get your way the only difference is the professional person will do a clean job removing it.

Offline hershy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 04, 2013, 12:01:27 AM »
People want to be erlich sure everyone has tough times but here is where it comes the filter, without a filter he will for sure do what he want, not so strong filter he will sooner or later (the first time or the 5th time) get a way around but with a strong filter you much much sure you will stay clean
By the time you will get to another computer you won't need it anymore.
Short and to the point.

Offline Yanky

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 04, 2013, 12:12:21 AM »
People want to be erlich sure everyone has tough times but here is where it comes the filter, without a filter he will for sure do what he want, not so strong filter he will sooner or later (the first time or the 5th time) get a way around but with a strong filter you much much sure you will stay clean
By the time you will get to another computer you won't need it anymore.
hershy, this is my point if you install a filter properly and don't overdo the level or enforce it upon the person it will be just like you said, I am just talking when we impose on people to do different of their willingness they will get their way around, for some it's because we blocked YouTube for others Social Networking for others News and Sports and for others Wikipedia, or we installed inappropriate filters for their situation which is causing it to crash, work slow or cannot be properly supported.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 04, 2013, 01:35:58 AM »
To my understanding you are saying that those filters are strong enough to prevent non-technical people disabling it, for that I am saying they will find their way around even on a computer with a filter.

If you lock a door, a professional will pick the lock and opened the door while a nonprofessional will take a hammer and break it, they both will get in the only difference is that the professional did a clean job, the same is with Internet filtering if you have an addiction being a professional or nonprofessional you will get your way the only difference is the professional person will do a clean job removing it.

How many non professionals do you know that can get around a well customized, recent version of k9? And even where they might get in, the material is almost guaranteed to be a lot less graphic than a non filtered computer.

And it may surprise you, there is a large amount of people that disable the internet on their computers completely, removing the Wi-Fi cup, while also blocking all internet access with k9.

And just wondering, what makes you think that "we" (whoever that is) would impose filtering that is too strong?
Visibly Jewish

Offline Yanky

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 04, 2013, 01:44:19 PM »
How many non professionals do you know that can get around a well customized, recent version of k9? And even where they might get in, the material is almost guaranteed to be a lot less graphic than a non filtered computer.

And it may surprise you, there is a large amount of people that disable the internet on their computers completely, removing the Wi-Fi cup, while also blocking all internet access with k9.
yuneeq, it looks like you have some something with K9, yes K9 is good so as many other filter products, if you believe a person with an addiction will stop just by enforcing on him K9, just know you are fooling yourself, go ask any expert they will all say otherwise, the Yetzer Hara will help them find their way some by eliminating K9 others using remote computers, proxies or other devices.

A person not addicted but looking and willing for protection all products alike as long it's properly configured and the proper product installed it should do the job that's all I am saying and you agree with me the same.

Offline Yanky

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 04, 2013, 01:50:14 PM »
And just wondering, what makes you think that "we" (whoever that is) would impose filtering that is too strong?
Some of the users had posted about their schools or organizations enforcing certain products or configurations.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 04, 2013, 02:23:03 PM »
Some of the users had posted about their schools or organizations enforcing certain products or configurations.

Some schools, yes. Organizations? Name one. You may be able to, but I can't.

Yet you started off posting that we "all" got it wrong, for not offering customization to users. The biggest players out there do. That's a far cry from reality as you are now agreeing.

In regards to addiction, that's for a completely different discussion. Someone who is addicted needs therapy or counseling. OF COURSE a filter isn't enough. That would be similar to locking an alcoholics liquor cabinet believing that he'll become sober.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:32:01 PM by yuneeq »
Visibly Jewish

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 04, 2013, 02:43:20 PM »
K9 on an ipod.  My son still has you tube.  What did I do wrong?  How can I fix it?
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline george

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 04, 2013, 02:49:53 PM »
K9 on an ipod.  My son still has you tube.  What did I do wrong?  How can I fix it?
On android, you can change the settings on the k9 app to allow or disallow youtube. I assume same for ipod.

Offline Yanky

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 04, 2013, 02:58:54 PM »
Some schools, yes. Organizations? Name one. You may be able to, but I can't.

Yet you started off posting that we "all" got it wrong, for not offering customization to users. The biggest players out there do. That's a far cry from reality as you are now agreeing.

In regards to addiction, that's for a completely different discussion. Someone who is addicted needs therapy or counseling. OF COURSE a filter isn't enough. That would be similar to locking an alcoholics liquor cabinet believing that he'll become sober.
All I said was based on what other people claim, I don't know about schools or organizations I know what people claim I did not investigate and neither am I interested to investigate the truth of it.

I made a very clear point offering the proper product for the proper people with the proper configurations is the way to go as you say it's currently being done, happens to be my experience was that as our company was suggested by TAG to use Vocatech and for my personal laptop K9 me and my company are very happy with both choices and in both scenarios it was configured on a level acceptable to us, so yes me personal I had a very good experience and outcome but as you mentioned it seems some schools are enforcing whatever for that I am saying I don't believe it will work as for those people it's like an addiction and an addiction does not stop with force.

Offline hershy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 04, 2013, 03:05:44 PM »

you have to lock restriction
Short and to the point.

Offline hershy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 04, 2013, 03:08:25 PM »

by restriction make apps +9 it will be locked (don't know what else it will lock)
Short and to the point.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 04, 2013, 03:13:23 PM »

Try mobicip, it's far better and offers customization. K9 allows Facebook and other sites with no option of blocking. Also install iOS 7 if possible, with someone's help, to activate find my iPhone properly to block out restoring it.

(@yanky see, no obsession with k9 :) )
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:17:10 PM by yuneeq »
Visibly Jewish

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 04, 2013, 04:52:10 PM »
Try mobicip, it's far better and offers customization. K9 allows Facebook and other sites with no option of blocking. Also install iOS 7 if possible, with someone's help, to activate find my iPhone properly to block out restoring it.

(@yanky see, no obsession with k9 :) )
Thanks! Will try that when he comes home for chanuka.  Now I can only pray there aren't too many hot spots and/or not enough time, or better yet interest, to get in trouble.

(I posted after he already left to yeshiva.)
(ipod 4 - no iOS 7)

Offline SamKey

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: If I'm there I can't be here and if I'm here I can't be there
  • Programs: National EE; Hertz PC; Sixt Plt; Avis First; Hilton Gold; Priority Club Plt; West Bestern DE; Carlson Club GE; Accor PLT
« Reply #674 on: October 05, 2013, 08:40:13 PM »
Thanks! Will try that when he comes home for chanuka.  Now I can only pray there aren't too many hot spots and/or not enough time, or better yet interest, to get in trouble.

(I posted after he already left to yeshiva.)
(ipod 4 - no iOS 7)
Whats an Ipod 4?

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #675 on: October 06, 2013, 12:24:33 AM »
Whats an Ipod 4?
My son said he couldn't download iOS 7.  I understood him to say it's because his iOS was too old.  I thought he said ipod 4. 

Offline SamKey

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: If I'm there I can't be here and if I'm here I can't be there
  • Programs: National EE; Hertz PC; Sixt Plt; Avis First; Hilton Gold; Priority Club Plt; West Bestern DE; Carlson Club GE; Accor PLT
« Reply #676 on: October 06, 2013, 01:22:15 AM »
My son said he couldn't download iOS 7.  I understood him to say it's because his iOS was too old.  I thought he said ipod 4.
CMIIW but AFAIK no apple iPod that has wifi has an old ios

Offline HP58

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 06, 2013, 01:26:13 AM »
CMIIW but AFAIK no apple iPod that has wifi has an old ios
I heard the iPod 4's processor is too slow to handle iOS 7.

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #678 on: October 06, 2013, 02:29:17 PM »
I heard the iPod 4's processor is too slow to handle iOS 7.
Any filters for BB bold 9930? (not the GYE app that blocks everything)

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 06, 2013, 03:24:49 PM »
Any filters for BB bold 9930? (not the GYE app that blocks everything)

No
Visibly Jewish