Topic Wiki

There are no issues with:

-Having Jewish items
-Looking Jewish
-Bringing in food or alcohol
-Having Israeli stamps in your passport.

List of TR's:
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/trip-notes/maldives-trip-notes-part-2-dubai-and-abu-dhabi/

Kosher Food/ Restaurants:
None. Many hotels will store and warm up double wrapped kosher food. Email prior to stay to confirm.

Synagogue:
PM Dan for contact info.

Things to Do:

Hotels:

Getting Around:

Notes:

« Last edited by Dan on February 09, 2019, 08:43:38 PM »

Author Topic: Dubai Master Thread  (Read 68746 times)

Offline Traveler718

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dubai Master Thread
« Reply #840 on: March 28, 2019, 05:22:06 PM »
When you booked online, did you book for tea at 635 AED pp, or a different package? And when you said you only wanted drinks, what ended up happening? Did they let you stay by the window, how much did you end up paying, and did they refund the difference if you paid more when you made the res?

Offline sam28

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 28, 2019, 05:44:47 PM »
When you booked online, did you book for tea at 635 AED pp, or a different package? And when you said you only wanted drinks, what ended up happening? Did they let you stay by the window, how much did you end up paying, and did they refund the difference if you paid more when you made the res?

yes I payed 635 PP and they gave the full credit . they told me first if I wont I can get a drink and they will give credit for the rest so I told them never mind . so they say np I am sorry . and they was so nice about it . when u book a time  u can chose a window when I went they was no window available its still nice and can go to the window and take pictures .

Offline Traveler718

• View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 29, 2019, 01:50:42 PM »
After all this angst about if I should go up to Skyview, I finally went to make my booking today using Dan's link ... and now they ask for a CC! I tried entering an expired one and got an error message that payment couldn't be processed. Help! Any other ways to get into the Burj or get a no-CC res there?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #843 on: March 29, 2019, 01:54:10 PM »
After all this angst about if I should go up to Skyview, I finally went to make my booking today using Dan's link ... and now they ask for a CC! I tried entering an expired one and got an error message that payment couldn't be processed. Help! Any other ways to get into the Burj or get a no-CC res there?
yes I payed 635 PP and they gave the full credit . they told me first if I wont I can get a drink and they will give credit for the rest so I told them never mind . so they say np I am sorry . and they was so nice about it . when u book a time  u can chose a window when I went they was no window available its still nice and can go to the window and take pictures .
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Traveler718

• View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 10, 2019, 04:09:21 PM »
I had an amazing time in Dubai last week. While I'd love to write up a proper TR, I don't know that it will happen before Pesach. In the meantime, I just want to post here that for anyone looking to get into the Burj al Arab, Dan's link to make a CC-less reservation at Skyview no longer works. However, even though the reservation must be prepaid (~$170), it can be cancelled for a full refund (up to either 24 or 48 hours before the reservation time).

So all you have to do is make a reservation, pay it, print the email confirming your reservation, then cancel it for a refund. When you drive up to the guard booth, he doesn't have a list of those who have active reservations. All he does is check your print-out to see that you "have" a reservation and waves you through. Leave your car with the valet, and have fun exploring the hotel.

I did manage to get up to the Skyview Bar, but that took quite a bit more effort and nerves, and honestly, I'm not sure that it's worth it, though I also went on a smoggy day when views were limited.

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #845 on: April 10, 2019, 08:25:10 PM »
I had an amazing time in Dubai last week. While I'd love to write up a proper TR, I don't know that it will happen before Pesach. In the meantime, I just want to post here that for anyone looking to get into the Burj al Arab, Dan's link to make a CC-less reservation at Skyview no longer works. However, even though the reservation must be prepaid (~$170), it can be cancelled for a full refund (up to either 24 or 48 hours before the reservation time).

So all you have to do is make a reservation, pay it, print the email confirming your reservation, then cancel it for a refund. When you drive up to the guard booth, he doesn't have a list of those who have active reservations. All he does is check your print-out to see that you "have" a reservation and waves you through. Leave your car with the valet, and have fun exploring the hotel.

I did manage to get up to the Skyview Bar, but that took quite a bit more effort and nerves, and honestly, I'm not sure that it's worth it, though I also went on a smoggy day when views were limited.
Thanks for the update and info.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline BarryLincoln

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, National Executive, Hertz Five Star
« Reply #846 on: May 15, 2019, 09:46:46 AM »

Offline moisheyb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 15, 2019, 01:33:51 PM »
https://www.jta.org/quick-reads/nyu-chaplain-to-be-first-chief-rabbi-of-the-united-arab-emirates

Thought Chabad would've landed that role first...

Chabad and the community while they do work together are seperatly run in Dubai.