Author Topic: Any way to cancel a Prime Gift Membership?  (Read 2267 times)

Offline milechazzer

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Any way to cancel a Prime Gift Membership?
« on: March 27, 2014, 12:28:16 PM »
I received a prime gift membership and mistakenly opened/accepted it in an Amazon account that I already had an active family/household Prime membership on. (I was under the impression that Amazon would offer me the option of accepting the gift as a credit to my account, since I already had an active household membership, but instead Amazon automatically cancelled the household membership on my account and activated the new Prime Gift Membership). I immediately called Amazon and asked them to cancel the gift membership and restore my household membership, but they insist there is nothing they can do to help.
Does anyone know of any way that I might be able to cancel this membership and either save it for next year or get a credit instead?

thx

Offline springles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Any way to cancel a Prime Gift Membership?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 12:33:11 PM »
I received a prime gift membership and mistakenly opened/accepted it in an Amazon account that I already had an active family/household Prime membership on. (I was under the impression that Amazon would offer me the option of accepting the gift as a credit to my account, since I already had an active household membership, but instead Amazon automatically cancelled the household membership on my account and activated the new Prime Gift Membership). I immediately called Amazon and asked them to cancel the gift membership and restore my household membership, but they insist there is nothing they can do to help.
Does anyone know of any way that I might be able to cancel this membership and either save it for next year or get a credit instead?

thx
HUCA

Offline milechazzer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 12:41:58 PM »
HUCA

I've HUCA-ed quite a few times already, and I continue to get the runaround from them. They've even admitted to me that they should cancel or refund me, but they say they just don't have any way to do it (within the confines of their system), because Prime Gift Memberships are not cancellable or refundable.  I guess I'm trying to figure out if there's some creative approach that I could use here, or if there is any way to get to a human being at Amazon who actually knows what customer service means.

Offline YankyDoodle

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 12:52:32 PM »
I've HUCA-ed quite a few times already, and I continue to get the runaround from them. They've even admitted to me that they should cancel or refund me, but they say they just don't have any way to do it (within the confines of their system), because Prime Gift Memberships are not cancellable or refundable.  I guess I'm trying to figure out if there's some creative approach that I could use here, or if there is any way to get to a human being at Amazon who actually knows what customer service means.
They should be able to manually credit your account even though it's not technically a refund or cancellation

Offline MeToo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 12:56:25 PM »
Maybe ask them if they can extend your membership for the amount of months you had left on your household membership?

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 12:59:19 PM »
Get them to either extend your membership or apply a promotional credit for that amount.

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 01:11:35 PM »
Get them to either extend your membership or apply a promotional credit for that amount.
Prefferebly extend your membership, if they apply a credit it will be for $79 probably.

Offline milechazzer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 01:15:35 PM »
Well on my 5th HUCA, I finally got the right representative. She immediately apologized for all the trouble and issued me a $100 promotional credit (which is great, since the gift membership only cost $79, and I get to keep the membership too).

..... another testament to virtues of HUCA-ing.  Thanks all for your help.

Offline newdealseeker

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 02:17:01 PM »
Does anyone know if it's OK to subscribe to Amazon Prime and Mom, place your orders to get the discount, and then cancel the membership to get a refund?
Can you keep repeating this?

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 02:36:25 PM »
Does anyone know if it's OK to subscribe to Amazon Prime and Mom, place your orders to get the discount, and then cancel the membership to get a refund?
Can you keep repeating this?
Regardless of whether or not this works, why not just buy into somebody else's prime "family" and save yourself the hassle?
You can usually get in for $20 a year.
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=247.0

Offline newdealseeker

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 02:49:25 PM »
I was thinking of doing this, but I believe the 20% diapers discount is only for the primary member anyway, isn't it?
I want to order a lot of diapers at a time to last a few months and keep the membership open just for a day or 2.
I'm only worried if Amazon could ban for something like this.