Author Topic: SWA Companion Pass: Earned on 12/31/2013! Next Day Would Earn Me 2015!  (Read 1139 times)

Offline SoCal Dude

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
I can't believe this.  My SWA Account shows I hit the 110,000 Points in early JAN 2014 which would earn me Companion Pass for 2014 & 2015.  I sent SWA a nice sweet message & they responded with the following (bold face mine).  As Dan says, this is a hugely valuable benefit as your companion can travel free even if you're traveling on points!  I can't believe it.  Anyone experience this before & what method did you use to prevail?

Thank you for your inquiry. To earn a Companion Pass, a Member must fly 100 qualifying one-way flights or earn 110,000 Qualifying Points in one calendar year. Once you earn a Companion Pass, you can designate whomever you like as your Companion, and he/she can travel along with you for free (taxes and fees are still required) for the remainder of the calendar year in which you qualified and the entire calendar year immediately following the year in which you qualified. With that being said, we show you earned 110,356 points by December 31, 2013. That earned you a Companion Pass for January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. So the points you have earned so far for 2014 will go towards 2015.

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
You didn't miss it by one day. They were just telling you that by 12/31/13 you had accrued that amount of miles. That accrual might have happened in October, or the summer, who knows? You could check your SW account to see when you actually got the miles.

Offline YY

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
I can't believe this.  My SWA Account shows I hit the 110,000 Points in early JAN 2014 which would earn me Companion Pass for 2014 & 2015.  I sent SWA a nice sweet message & they responded with the following (bold face mine).  As Dan says, this is a hugely valuable benefit as your companion can travel free even if you're traveling on points!  I can't believe it.  Anyone experience this before & what method did you use to prevail?

Thank you for your inquiry. To earn a Companion Pass, a Member must fly 100 qualifying one-way flights or earn 110,000 Qualifying Points in one calendar year. Once you earn a Companion Pass, you can designate whomever you like as your Companion, and he/she can travel along with you for free (taxes and fees are still required) for the remainder of the calendar year in which you qualified and the entire calendar year immediately following the year in which you qualified. With that being said, we show you earned 110,356 points by December 31, 2013. That earned you a Companion Pass for January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. So the points you have earned so far for 2014 will go towards 2015.
remember you needed to earn 110k miles in a calendar year.
If you actually earned most of them in 2013 but only got over in January, you would not have gotten a companion pass.
So the fact that they are showing your points credited in 2013 allowed you to get the companion pass.

Unless you are saying you earned ALL 110k points at the end of Decmeber and should have been credited to January ?

Offline Ryan the Yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I have a technical question about my companion pass. Im assuming this is the right thread. I booked a flight for May with my brother flying as my companion.  According to swa cs you must declare your companion, which I did I declared him. However I would Like to fly with my wife in August and i want to book travel now in order to get the best bang for my buck. SWA won't allow you to have two companions declared at once, any suggestions?

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
I have a technical question about my companion pass. Im assuming this is the right thread. I booked a flight for May with my brother flying as my companion.  According to swa cs you must declare your companion, which I did I declared him. However I would Like to fly with my wife in August and i want to book travel now in order to get the best bang for my buck. SWA won't allow you to have two companions declared at once, any suggestions?

Hold the later ressy w points. Change it after 1st.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan