Kerister
Crown Heights
BP Matzo
Montreal
Komemiyut
Lakewood Matzah

Please add prices and were you found it
Also type of Matzah will help

Author Topic: How Much Did You Pay For A Pound Of Matzah  (Read 29086 times)

Offline henche

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: How Much Did You Pay For A Pound Of Matzah
« Reply #270 on: March 08, 2018, 05:51:28 PM »
you can stay in Boston. Well even have on restaurant open for pesach this year (cholov yisrael and non - gebrokts fir all the chabadniks who won't be eating there anyway)

Serving what?

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 08, 2018, 05:54:29 PM »
So the final C is the echo of the first C, and the B is? (reminds me of a certain joke, which we will leave off forum for now).
Huh?

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #272 on: March 08, 2018, 06:02:49 PM »
What you wrote and what Dan was referring to was
Saying that Exgingi's statement about Chabad matza isn't good for most people because the chabad matza factories hold of 22.5 or 24 minutes. Which is what Dan is saying, is utter nonsense. It's simply not how it's done there.

And now that we know you are basing it on someone who claims to be a lubavitch affiliate buys matza at a discount that cooked longer and we have NO idea what they use it for, we can see how rumors start... and it's a terrible thing in this case.
Once @ExGingi clarified that the typical Chabad minhag is not that way I corrected that it must be only for that. I am not sure why you are all jumping on us. Our source for what seems to be a misconception is not just some rumor. I heard this from the bakery. It seems that this is only for limited circumstances, and I can accept that, but it is not like it is some anti-chabad propoganda. FTR, the shita of 22.5 has a very strong basis and I can easily hear places having such a minhag. It is not really such a big deal. Sounds more like you guys have a chip on your shoulder than anything else.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 08, 2018, 06:24:15 PM »
Once @ExGingi clarified that the typical Chabad minhag is not that way I corrected that it must be only for that. I am not sure why you are all jumping on us. Our source for what seems to be a misconception is not just some rumor. I heard this from the bakery. It seems that this is only for limited circumstances, and I can accept that, but it is not like it is some anti-chabad propoganda. FTR, the shita of 22.5 has a very strong basis and I can easily hear places having such a minhag. It is not really such a big deal. Sounds more like you guys have a chip on your shoulder than anything else.

I knew a guy who would only eat from tanur acharon

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 08, 2018, 06:38:32 PM »
Huh?
So now you claim not to even know who CBC is?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #275 on: March 08, 2018, 06:41:55 PM »
So now you claim not to even know who CBC is?
Who is that?
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Sport

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 08, 2018, 07:26:09 PM »
Anyone try Lakewood thin matzos that KRM sells ?
Chareidem 2lb shvarim $74.99. WTH ?
Yeah chareidem keeps raisimg their prices.  $38/reg 43/ww.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 08, 2018, 07:41:35 PM »
Once @ExGingi clarified that the typical Chabad minhag is not that way I corrected that it must be only for that.

Yet a full 3 weeks later, after your correction, CBC quotes your original post (pre correction) and  says:

Yup, I've heard the same

I am not sure why you are all jumping on us. Our source for what seems to be a misconception is not just some rumor. I heard this from the bakery. It seems that this is only for limited circumstances, and I can accept that, but it is not like it is some anti-chabad propoganda. FTR, the shita of 22.5 has a very strong basis and I can easily hear places having such a minhag. It is not really such a big deal. Sounds more like you guys have a chip on your shoulder than anything else.

The bakery (and the alleged Chabad affiliated organization) remain nameless.

The psak of the Alter Rebbe in his Shulchan Oruch is there for everyone to see, and the 3 Matza bakeries that have Lubavitch Rabbonim Hashgochos as their primary Hashgochos (Crown Heights, Kfar Chabad, and Ukraine) all keep to the 18 minute standard. Those facts are out in the open, and not hiding behind any anonymous rumor.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 08, 2018, 07:47:10 PM »
Yet a full 3 weeks later, after your correction, CBC quotes your original post (pre correction) and  says:

The bakery (and the alleged Chabad affiliated organization) remain nameless.

The psak of the Alter Rebbe in his Shulchan Oruch is there for everyone to see, and the 3 Matza bakeries that have Lubavitch Rabbonim Hashgochos as their primary Hashgochos (Crown Heights, Kfar Chabad, and Ukraine) all keep to the 18 minute standard. Those facts are out in the open, and not hiding behind any anonymous rumor.
I heard it first hand from the bakery and it's Rav hamachshir. Many have heard about it from similar sources since someone made a tumult about it a few years ago. There is nothing to be gained by my naming the bakery. If you don't believe me go so be it. I do not know the name of the organization. At this point my assumption is that it is for distribution to some who would otherwise not eat matzo at all.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline yzj

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 08, 2018, 08:14:36 PM »
R SMK?

Offline eyj

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 08, 2018, 08:44:55 PM »

Please correct me if I am wrong, but can anyone show me an authentic source ( not a contemporary likut Sefer) that the entire process MUST be shut down every 18 minutes? It almost never takes more than 10-12 minutes for a batch of dough to reach the oven. It is simply a hiddur to account for pieces of dough etc. that may be on the equipment and become chometz, making problems with subsequent batches. It is likely that earlier generations went well beyond 18 minutes without a break. (Even going to 22 minutes or more would not seem to pose a problem since tha last batch would not pass through any stage of the equipment more than 18 minutes after the first batch. If you are worried about the Rosh -and the Rosh can’t be literal as the Chazon Ish proves from the Gemara of one who remembers that he left dough in his house- then 18 minutes is probably going to be problematic as well.) So going a bit beyond the hiddur of 18 minutes is certainly not the end of the world and would hardly be a major issue or scandal...

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 08, 2018, 08:59:43 PM »
Please correct me if I am wrong, but can anyone show me an authentic source ( not a contemporary likut Sefer) that the entire process MUST be shut down every 18 minutes? It almost never takes more than 10-12 minutes for a batch of dough to reach the oven. It is simply a hiddur to account for pieces of dough etc. that may be on the equipment and become chometz, making problems with subsequent batches. It is likely that earlier generations went well beyond 18 minutes without a break. (Even going to 22 minutes or more would not seem to pose a problem since tha last batch would not pass through any stage of the equipment more than 18 minutes after the first batch. If you are worried about the Rosh -and the Rosh can’t be literal as the Chazon Ish proves from the Gemara of one who remembers that he left dough in his house- then 18 minutes is probably going to be problematic as well.) So going a bit beyond the hiddur of 18 minutes is certainly not the end of the world and would hardly be a major issue or scandal...
According to the BHL that lisha doesn't warm up the dough that is not a raya.

Orchos rabbeinu brings that the chazon ish did not stop every eighteen.

Offline skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 08, 2018, 09:55:54 PM »
How else do you control the mouse and rat population in Brooklyn?
Of course, that's what they said. But still...

Offline eyj

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 08, 2018, 10:11:22 PM »
According to the BHL that lisha doesn't warm up the dough that is not a raya.

Orchos rabbeinu brings that the chazon ish did not stop every eighteen.

The biur halacha is not sure if the Rosh is referring to standard dough, or only dough that actually became warm.

In any case, if you are mechalek between the lisha and aricha then the dough being worked with the poles (if that is the matzah bakery being referred to) is presumably part of the lisha, further narrowing the chashash of the Rosh to the point the matzah reaches the tables and onwards. From there it’s only a couple of minutes until the oven and a very short window for leftover pieces to become chametz “Miyad” ,and 22 or even 24 minutes total should really make little difference vs 18. The whole 18 minute shutting down (I’m not referring to running dough through the same point in the process 18 minutes after the dough first passed through that point, which would have a much stronger basis to be makpid) seems to be somewhat arbitrary, and while it is undoubtedly a nice hiddur, going over that doesn’t seem to deserve the huge tumult people would make of it....

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 08, 2018, 10:23:17 PM »
The biur halacha is not sure if the Rosh is referring to standard dough, or only dough that actually became warm.

In any case, if you are mechalek between the lisha and aricha then the dough being worked with the poles (if that is the matzah bakery being referred to) is presumably part of the lisha, further narrowing the chashash of the Rosh to the point the matzah reaches the tables and onwards. From there it’s only a couple of minutes until the oven and a very short window for leftover pieces to become chametz “Miyad” ,and 22 or even 24 minutes total should really make little difference vs 18. The whole 18 minute shutting down (I’m not referring to running dough through the same point in the process 18 minutes after the dough first passed through that point, which would have a much stronger basis to be makpid) seems to be somewhat arbitrary, and while it is undoubtedly a nice hiddur, going over that doesn’t seem to deserve the huge tumult people would make of it....
I fully agree that the tumult they made there was a choshen mishpat question and not orach chaim.