Author Topic: Shabbat and my United Flight  (Read 11933 times)

Offline jsk173

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Shabbat and my United Flight
« Reply #225 on: November 02, 2016, 05:29:29 PM »
IF (and that's a very big IF, as I will point out below) the story occurred AS ALLEGED (you only have one side, out of three parties - if you count the two Pakistanis as one, or four parties if you allow each one of them to have their own version), then I think all would agree that the gate agent was WAY out of line.

However, I tend to doubt the veracity of the story as presented.

LOL. You make a big stink when I didn't provide links, and then when I do so, you hand-wave it away.

You claim to fly a lot. Why don't you try the following experiment: every time you fly ask the gate agent if the person assigned the seat next to you is a male or female, and report back on how often you got them to give you that information. Then, if you get that information, claim some reason why you can't sit next to that person, and see what happens. Please report back with your findings.

There's no way in the world I'm going to make myself look like a weirdo by doing the above, so why don't you skip to the end and tell us what you believe would be the typical result? (And remember, the hypothetical is a full plane, not a plane with a lot of empty seats to which such a person could easily be moved without inconveniencing anyone else.)