Author Topic: Scam Alert Sungames  (Read 509647 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Scam Alert Sungames
« Reply #760 on: October 02, 2014, 12:09:11 PM »
How can I  see these emails and/or get added to their email list?

You just have to buy one share, but if you buy 10 they'll give you 10 more for free and if you buy 100 you get a free tablet on release date.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Sport

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 02, 2014, 12:11:22 PM »

You just have to buy one share, but if you buy 10 they'll give you 10 more for free and if you buy 100 you get a free tablet on release date.
Hmmm.. The entertainment value of the emails may make this a worth while use of my money.

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #762 on: October 02, 2014, 12:17:10 PM »
    If you read all the emails that the leaders of this deal send out you will be entertained for days!! ... I think the last email they sent out was that the money is stuck in Panama and will be delivered to California as soon as the signators and syndicates sign the proper documentation in DC. After that the money will be shipped through Europe and because of the change in the weather, the plane will have to land in Asia . So all is going  as planned and the money will be here by succos. However, because there are orthodox bankers, we may have to wait until after Succos We are almost there!!
     What i wrote is close to what the "Leaders" of the group send out to the investors.

No stopover in Nigeria?

Offline AbeBerkowitz

• Non-Elite Member
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 02, 2014, 12:22:51 PM »
  A family member of mine is an investor . He gets the emails. The more emails he gets with updates, the more of a fool he feels. He feels that every update makes them look like idiots. He is done . He accepted the fact that the money is lost. Now he just laughs when he gets all these chaotic emails- at least now he is getting his moneys worth!

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #764 on: October 02, 2014, 12:24:31 PM »
  A family member of mine is an investor . He gets the emails. The more emails he gets with updates, the more of a fool he feels. He feels that every update makes them look like idiots. He is done . He accepted the fact that the money is lost. Now he just laughs when he gets all these chaotic emails- at least now he is getting his moneys worth!
Can't he charge back?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #765 on: October 02, 2014, 12:24:42 PM »
Let him post here and share his adventure and what drew him in.
Should be a lesson to others.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online Mordyk

• View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #766 on: October 02, 2014, 12:30:31 PM »
Madoff is getting a roommate any time soon????  i am not an investor but these things make me sick :(
#TYH

Offline AbeBerkowitz

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 02, 2014, 01:27:27 PM »
 Simple what drew him in ....false promises. He did not know much about the deal but was going on information from other people. He was told by a known Rov that  he would regret it if he past on this deal. This Rov told him that he  is putting a group together to get in. He was told that Mekubalim have promised the success of this deal. The Rov told him that he plans on building a shul with this money.... He felt that how can he go wrong.
    Now he knows better.
 These people who encouraged and made false promises based on nothing should be ashamed of themselves. This Rov owes so much money to people around monsey. Many people in Monsey have been screwed by this guy- But no one will say anything because of the position he carries.

Offline shimino1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 02, 2014, 01:52:02 PM »
I LOVE THIS THREAD!!
Make sure the plane with the money isent malysian air..... hey I think I just provided the basis for the next email. :-)
How much money did your cousin put in? Good entertinment isent cheap so its probally worth it.

Offline Menachem613

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 02, 2014, 02:02:15 PM »

Simple what drew him in ....false promises. He did not know much about the deal but was going on information from other people. He was told by a known Rov that  he would regret it if he past on this deal. This Rov told him that he  is putting a group together to get in. He was told that Mekubalim have promised the success of this deal. The Rov told him that he plans on building a shul with this money.... He felt that how can he go wrong.
    Now he knows better.
 These people who encouraged and made false promises based on nothing should be ashamed of themselves. This Rov owes so much money to people around monsey. Many people in Monsey have been screwed by this guy- But no one will say anything because of the position he carries.

Did the Rav himself make money?

Offline AbeBerkowitz

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 02, 2014, 03:44:06 PM »
 I believe that he put together the money from a group of people  and is getting a big  fee from the profits. He was in a win-win. Thats why he is telling them all they better keep their money in. If they take it out , he loses. He is risking and gambling with other peoples money. He makes promises that they will make millions. He tells everyone he speaks to Mekubalim and they all guaranteed this.
   Its pathetic. 

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 02, 2014, 04:04:22 PM »
I believe that he put together the money from a group of people  and is getting a big  fee from the profits. He was in a win-win. Thats why he is telling them all they better keep their money in. If they take it out , he loses. He is risking and gambling with other peoples money. He makes promises that they will make millions. He tells everyone he speaks to Mekubalim and they all guaranteed this.
   Its pathetic.
He probably did not get a cut even If he was promised one

Offline AbeBerkowitz

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 02, 2014, 04:11:51 PM »
 There is no cut as no one made money. A cut of nothing is nothing.
   He is still dreaming this deal will take off and will get the big payouts then. That is why he is telling all his group that they better not chargeback and must keep the money in. He said that he got Brachas recently that this deal will be successful. He is only thinking about himself. As they like to say, " we are almost there!"

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #773 on: October 02, 2014, 04:37:27 PM »
The whole point of a pyramid is for those at the top to rob the suckers on the bottom.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline NYHeel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 02, 2014, 07:10:45 PM »
Maybe I'm a different kind of person/Jew but when did Judaism become Voodoo that Brachos from Mekubalim/Rebbeim guarantee the success of a business deal. I'm not just referring to this scam but even to a legitimate business venture. Sure, I think a Bracha can help, though we never really know. But to imply any kind of guarantee or even to take the bracha into account at all when making a business decision is absurd.

Offline sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 02, 2014, 07:15:03 PM »
Maybe I'm a different kind of person/Jew but when did Judaism become Voodoo that Brachos from Mekubalim/Rebbeim guarantee the success of a business deal. I'm not just referring to this scam but even to a legitimate business venture. Sure, I think a Bracha can help, though we never really know. But to imply any kind of guarantee or even to take the bracha into account at all when making a business decision is absurd.
I wouldn't call it voodoo. I just don't think we have those kind of Rebbes in the world today where I would follow blindly on such advice.
That being said, people confuse a bracha as a guarantee and it's not. 
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Emkay

• View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 02, 2014, 07:29:33 PM »
Crazy concept, I believe Its called emunas chachomim and it had nothing to do with voodoo.
The issue is emunas wrong chachomim

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 02, 2014, 07:30:51 PM »
Crazy concept, I believe Its called emunas chachomim and it had nothing to do with voodoo.
Emunas chachomim includes what stock to invest in? Source?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Emkay

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 02, 2014, 07:34:24 PM »
It includes what brand of toothpaste to use

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 02, 2014, 07:51:57 PM »

It includes what brand of toothpaste to use
Sounds like ברשות הרב vs בסיעת הרב