Author Topic: Scam Alert Sungames  (Read 509855 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Scam Alert Sungames
« Reply #320 on: June 15, 2014, 02:28:52 PM »
Nothing to do w/ the stock.
It's so he can write the post in such a way that it doesn't sound like he has sour grapes, but rather, he's relying on the financial statements to show that the company could collapse any moment.
that out can collapse is not the main problem
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 15, 2014, 02:40:19 PM »
that out can collapse is not the main problem
It's one of the main problems cuz it shows the company is a fraud.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #322 on: June 15, 2014, 03:20:56 PM »
Any OTC company will look the same. The financial statements will almost always give the whole highly speculative statement
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #323 on: June 26, 2014, 11:31:21 PM »
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/46584

Very well said. Short and to the point without pointing (too many) fingers.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 11:36:33 PM by Something Fishy »
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline jaywhy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 26, 2014, 11:35:58 PM »

Very well said. Short and to the point without pointing (too many) fingers..
+100

Offline joey123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Location: Modern Mashgiach at Chovevei (YCT) #ResidentMashgiach
  • Programs: Daven for the Chayalim #IStandWithIsrael
« Reply #325 on: June 26, 2014, 11:39:17 PM »
+100

Excellent Job! Shkoyach Dan!
To the nOObs out there, feel free to PM with q's. #AlwaysTakesTheHighRoad #LovesHashTags

Offline MC

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 26, 2014, 11:55:03 PM »
Great post, hope it reaches the people who need their awareness raised.

Offline george

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 27, 2014, 12:20:33 AM »
Very smart to write ScamHarvestGamesAmerica, it won't come up in Google search but it is clear enough to the reader.

Offline Fan of Dan

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 27, 2014, 02:10:40 AM »

Very well said. Short and to the point without pointing (too many) fingers.
+1. It's amazing how foolish people can be and 2 points to Dan for helping people use their heads. What frustrates me (understatement of the year) about these scams is how many people fall for them and how some people who realize the scam have no qualms about causing people to lose money.

Offline joey123

• View Profile
  • Location: Modern Mashgiach at Chovevei (YCT) #ResidentMashgiach
  • Programs: Daven for the Chayalim #IStandWithIsrael
« Reply #329 on: June 27, 2014, 07:28:33 AM »
+1. It's amazing how foolish people can be and 2 points to Dan for helping people use their heads. What frustrates me (understatement of the year) about these scams is how many people fall for them and how some people who realize the scam have no qualms about causing people to lose money.

When a deal in set up as a pyramid scheme, the consumer shouldn't allow the salesman to even start his pitch-- the deal is too good to be true. Everyone just needs to be an educated consumer (Just thought of Syms A'h).
To the nOObs out there, feel free to PM with q's. #AlwaysTakesTheHighRoad #LovesHashTags

Offline PraiseCanada

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Skymiles, Matmid, Starwood Gold, Aeroplan, RBC Visa, Hertz Gold, BA Avios
« Reply #330 on: June 27, 2014, 11:22:29 AM »

+100

I find that lately the Yeshivas are putting the boys to work. Even if in a totally legitimate way I.e. fundraising, cooking, cleaning etc. The parents are sending their children to yeshiva to learn Torah. They are paying tuition to a Yeshiva to look after them. Besides for Purim it is unacceptable to send boys out collecting. Maybe allow them to put up a cholent for Friday night, but to cook a whole Shabbos??

How much more so to involve them in something like this. What does it teach them? How will the Rosh explain when everyone is in 25K debt due to this scam?

Fool.
Most parents are not paying full tuition, and often not any tuition at all.. which is exactly why they need to be sent out collecting sometimes. The solution is not to limit the bochurim's contribution to making Cholent, but to make them into productive people so a few short years later they can be the generous alumni that keep the place going. This is exactly what keeps most colleges and universities going. You've ever seen collectors for Princeton?

Offline nikone

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 29, 2014, 09:41:05 AM »
Very smart to write ScamHarvestGamesAmerica, it won't come up in Google search but it is clear enough to the reader.

Since I am not in the know on any MLM, because I too believe they are mostly scams, my curiosity bought me to the forum... cant figure out who or what is ScamHarvestGamesAmerica.. pm me anyone??!?
Palm5 says: Uhhhh what's blackberry?

philbenjoe says: A handheld celluar device. What's your question

Offline DannyNJ

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 03, 2014, 08:17:01 PM »
Although this all started by some, possibly well meaning, but extremely dumb and desperate balei batim, it has evolved into something really disgusting. They are claiming that this investment has the almighty 'daas torah' seal of approval. They are too embarrassed to put the name of the 'daas torah' out there (If it's legitimate, wouldn't it make sense to do so, so they can attract more investors?), but this daas torah has no problem using his rabbinical position to con others into investing, all under the guise of it being a chessed, with the arrangement that he get a cut of the action for his "charity", aka 'his own pocket'.

Rabbis should be the ones that protect their constituents from this exact type of con, yet he used the full authority of his position to further this sick cause, by getting more investors. Abuse of his power for personal gain.

Unfortunately there are so many gullible people out there, all you need is one nice, albeit naive, person to invest, and then the sales pitch becomes, "Well if this nice person invested, it must be legitimate". But when you have a "rabbi" involved, well then, you don't even need that,  it's got a daas torah hashgacha!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 08:38:30 PM by DannyNJ »

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 04, 2014, 12:24:58 AM »
Although this all started by some, possibly well meaning, but extremely dumb and desperate balei batim, it has evolved into something really disgusting. They are claiming that this investment has the almighty 'daas torah' seal of approval. They are too embarrassed to put the name of the 'daas torah' out there (If it's legitimate, wouldn't it make sense to do so, so they can attract more investors?), but this daas torah has no problem using his rabbinical position to con others into investing, all under the guise of it being a chessed, with the arrangement that he get a cut of the action for his "charity", aka 'his own pocket'.

Rabbis should be the ones that protect their constituents from this exact type of con, yet he used the full authority of his position to further this sick cause, by getting more investors. Abuse of his power for personal gain.

Unfortunately there are so many gullible people out there, all you need is one nice, albeit naive, person to invest, and then the sales pitch becomes, "Well if this nice person invested, it must be legitimate". But when you have a "rabbi" involved, well then, you don't even need that,  it's got a daas torah hashgacha!

So no one knows who these rabbis are?

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 04, 2014, 12:41:16 AM »
Sounds like DannyNJ does...

Offline Emkay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 04, 2014, 10:34:54 AM »
either the tens of yeshivas who were conned are what he is considering his daas Torah or they are bluffing

Offline DannyNJ

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 04, 2014, 11:04:19 AM »
The yeshivas who invested are just as inexperienced and desperate-for-money as the organizers of this scam. I’m talking about another “rabbi, aka daas torah” who is aiding the organizers to add more investors, by exploiting his own clout to influence others to put money in, so he can line his own pockets. The complete polar opposite of what a ‘daas torah’ should be doing. Weary investors are being assuaged with messages that all is well, have no fear, there is ‘daas torah’ on board. Disgusting…
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:11:09 AM by DannyNJ »

Offline Emkay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 04, 2014, 11:56:46 AM »
The yeshivas who invested are just as inexperienced and desperate-for-money as the organizers of this scam. I’m talking about another “rabbi, aka daas torah” who is aiding the organizers to add more investors, by exploiting his own clout to influence others to put money in, so he can line his own pockets. The complete polar opposite of what a ‘daas torah’ should be doing. Weary investors are being assuaged with messages that all is well, have no fear, there is ‘daas torah’ on board. Disgusting…
I'm pretty confident that there is no daas Torah helping them out regardless of what they maintain

Offline DannyNJ

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 04, 2014, 03:07:49 PM »
I'm pretty confident that there is no daas Torah helping them out regardless of what they maintain
You’re absolutely right; the rabbi involved is the furthest thing from ‘daas torah’.  I cited the words ‘daas torah’ sarcastically; however, unfortunately, the organizers of this scam peddle this notion as such.

Offline AbeBerkowitz

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 08, 2014, 04:29:32 PM »
  How come no one is saying names? The people involved in this scam are still trying to raise more money !  I believe I know the name of the Rabbi that must be involved (not 100%)- he is a stupid guy. Desperate Rabonim do desperate things- with other peoples money!