Author Topic: Scam Alert Sungames  (Read 509584 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Scam Alert Sungames
« Reply #740 on: September 24, 2014, 06:39:01 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affinity_fraud

"These scams exploit the trust and friendship that exist in groups of people who have something in common. Because of the tight-knit structure of many groups, it can be difficult for regulators or law enforcement officials to detect an affinity scam. Victims often fail to notify authorities or pursue their legal remedies, and instead try to work things out within the group. This is particularly true where the fraudsters have used respected community or religious leaders to convince others to join the investment."
Interesting first post. You apparently came here with an agenda.
Maybe the agenda is to expose this scam and all involved in it, including religious leaders.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 27, 2014, 07:24:36 PM »
anyone know if they caught the scumbag Neil Chandran.. it shows he had a court case or hearing on July 17th. he seems to have stole a ton of money from a lot of ppl. also this rabbi from NJ is such a fraud. the last few weeks on some spare time i was able to recognize his style of writing and have put pieces together. he started that post on MHA and  is the one defending the post on the sungames scams ddf pages in different usernames. he also is the writer on TLS who wrote that anonymous letter saying  basically its okay to steal(i know i made that in my own words but it takes a fool to not see it that way) he is the same guy defending all the comments with a few different usernames. why is this guy walking around freely? i moved to Israel a while back but if i was there i would have a hard time not teaching him a lesson. at least he must be stopped and no its not lashon hara if you are helping yidden save their money and family.if someone doesn't have money and uses their cc for 50k and doesn't see money back since its fraud they have a big problem,..people can have so much agras nefesh from someone like this that he needs to be dealt with seriously.

Dan i hope what i wrote isn't too much since this is really a site for deals. and the best deals at that. but i had to let some anger go and rant.
Which rabbi from NJ? Do you mean monsey?

Offline money spender #4

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 28, 2014, 06:47:23 AM »
yes monsey. but he has a job in NJ so i mistakenly wrote nj.

Offline AbeBerkowitz

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 30, 2014, 01:04:09 PM »
  I know someone caught in all of this. He was hoping that this deal can help him out of some debt and help him put money away for a wedding. He blew it. He regrets it. However, he is being made to feel guilty for charging back now. He has no money for Yom Tov. zero. And he told me that he is going to feel horrible if he pulls money out now. The leaders of the deal promised that mikubalim and rabbonim PROMISED that it will all end up well. And he feels he is going kneged Torah if he pulls his money out. There are sick people involved in running this deal. Manipulators. These leaders who are using Mikubalim and Rabbonim to put the fear into people- you are going to have to give din v"chesbon one day!! Horrible selfish people. He was promised money by April!! We are talking about 6 months later now and of course the " We are almost there!" line pops up. As always. He was told by a known Rebba in Monsey, who has his money and lot of money of others in the deal, that the last thing anyone should do now is pull out. It will ruin it for everyone. Make people feel guilty for taking out their money. Make people feel that Mekubalim and rabbonim are promising. Sick people.

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #744 on: September 30, 2014, 01:08:51 PM »
  I know someone caught in all of this. He was hoping that this deal can help him out of some debt and help him put money away for a wedding. He blew it. He regrets it. However, he is being made to feel guilty for charging back now. He has no money for Yom Tov. zero. And he told me that he is going to feel horrible if he pulls money out now. The leaders of the deal promised that mikubalim and rabbonim PROMISED that it will all end up well. And he feels he is going kneged Torah if he pulls his money out. There are sick people involved in running this deal. Manipulators. These leaders who are using Mikubalim and Rabbonim to put the fear into people- you are going to have to give din v"chesbon one day!! Horrible selfish people. He was promised money by April!! We are talking about 6 months later now and of course the " We are almost there!" line pops up. As always. He was told by a known Rebba in Monsey, who has his money and lot of money of others in the deal, that the last thing anyone should do now is pull out. It will ruin it for everyone. Make people feel guilty for taking out their money. Make people feel that Mekubalim and rabbonim are promising. Sick people.
Maybe have him talk to HIS Rov instead of relying on Mekubalim? That should help with his guit.

Offline AbeBerkowitz

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 30, 2014, 01:14:47 PM »
 This Rebba who told him to keep his money in IS HIS rov who got him involved!

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #746 on: September 30, 2014, 01:15:36 PM »

Oy!
Time to find a new Rov...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #747 on: September 30, 2014, 01:16:22 PM »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ybeeds

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
    • JewishMusicStream.com
« Reply #748 on: September 30, 2014, 01:54:40 PM »
If it's the same Rebba that also plays Mekubal/fortune teller when in the mood, and he charges people hundreds of dollars to spin his draidel on Chanuka for a brocha... then it all makes sense!
My office buzzes to the JewishMusicStream!!!

Offline AbeBerkowitz

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 30, 2014, 03:08:22 PM »
Its not that Rebbe.
     This  Rebbe I am referring to walks around like he has a big malchus when he has nothing. He only has 20 followers and everyone knows he owes lots of money to everyone. Delusional individual. He gives business advice to people and has not earned a clean dollar in his life.

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #750 on: September 30, 2014, 03:17:38 PM »

They would let him pull his money out?

Offline AbeBerkowitz

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 30, 2014, 03:25:29 PM »
 You can Chargeback. You can dispute the charge paid with credit card. They need everyone on board and not raise any red flags at this point.

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 30, 2014, 04:57:56 PM »
You can Chargeback. You can dispute the charge paid with credit card. They need everyone on board and not raise any red flags at this point.

Gotcha. Well, I suppose if you were dumb enough to fall for it the first time, there is no reason to chargeback now instead of waiting to see if they will come through.

I would sure hope the cc companies aren't dumb enough to allow chargebacks on something like this though.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 30, 2014, 05:38:08 PM »
Its Probably to late to dispute it now.

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 30, 2014, 06:38:47 PM »
Gotcha. Well, I suppose if you were dumb enough to fall for it the first time, there is no reason to chargeback now instead of waiting to see if they will come through.

I would sure hope the cc companies aren't dumb enough to allow chargebacks on something like this though.
They usually just take the money back from the merchant
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 02, 2014, 08:45:48 AM »

The CC companies don't want to ruin it for everybody, and they are afraid to be sued by SunGames. Besides,  in the zechus of not allowing chargebacks, the Mekuballim promised to daven for the Cc companies to have a good year.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 02, 2014, 11:00:51 AM »
The CC companies don't want to ruin it for everybody, and they are afraid to be sued by SunGames. Besides,  in the zechus of not allowing chargebacks, the Mekuballim promised to daven for the Cc companies to have a good year.

+1 :)

Offline shimino1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 02, 2014, 11:41:23 AM »
This thread never fails to entertain

Offline AbeBerkowitz

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 02, 2014, 11:50:46 AM »
    If you read all the emails that the leaders of this deal send out you will be entertained for days!! ... I think the last email they sent out was that the money is stuck in Panama and will be delivered to California as soon as the signators and syndicates sign the proper documentation in DC. After that the money will be shipped through Europe and because of the change in the weather, the plane will have to land in Asia . So all is going  as planned and the money will be here by succos. However, because there are orthodox bankers, we may have to wait until after Succos We are almost there!!
     What i wrote is close to what the "Leaders" of the group send out to the investors.

Offline Sport

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 02, 2014, 12:06:44 PM »

If you read all the emails that the leaders of this deal send out you will be entertained for days!! ... I think the last email they sent out was that the money is stuck in Panama and will be delivered to California as soon as the signators and syndicates sign the proper documentation in DC. After that the money will be shipped through Europe and because of the change in the weather, the plane will have to land in Asia . So all is going  as planned and the money will be here by succos. However, because there are orthodox bankers, we may have to wait until after Succos We are almost there!!
     What i wrote is close to what the "Leaders" of the group send out to the investors.
How can I  see these emails and/or get added to their email list?