Author Topic: Ani Maamin Foundation  (Read 23633 times)

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
Re: Ani Maamin Foundation
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2014, 11:51:53 PM »
Then I am sorry for accusing you of hate. I read your comments as that you hate Lkwd people. I trust you that you don't. Please accept my apologies.
No worries. I hate their actions not the people. I have many close friends and relatives living there. I love them all
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2014, 11:55:43 PM »
Could you please post it
I threw it out. The next week the ad changed, so it seems they realized that it was over the top.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2014, 11:59:24 PM »
I threw it out. The next week the ad changed, so it seems they realized that it was over the top.
If anyone has it, please post/PM
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline dudi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus
« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2014, 12:31:20 AM »
telz stone
ETA: and how I thought Chaikel would have known
Ramat beit shemsh

Offline plainbachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2014, 01:01:46 AM »

I spoke to a rebbi that asked that to his 8th grade class and only one kid said maybe the rest said no. :'( I'm talking about a decent school in Lakewood. Sad day.
did you hear that from rabbi k.k.?

Offline Crazy tools

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, Avis Presidents, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold
« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2014, 02:29:28 AM »
What week was it? I probably have it

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2014, 08:47:19 AM »
What week was it? I probably have it
I think Tazria

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2014, 08:54:55 AM »
Not sure. I think it's part of the herd mentality. I can tell you that I've probably spoken to a few hundred people living/planning on living here, and not one person said they were moving here for the chinuch. Just about everyone said because where else, or because that's where everyone else is. That's where your foundation of herd mentality keeps growing

There is also a lot of disregard for gedolei torah. Everyone picks their own Rav, and everyone else's is wrong. I'm shocked on how many people learning in BMG have told me they don't really hold of R' Matisyahu (unless he's agreeing with their rav). Maybe that's why he had to pick both sides of this argument. So Lakewood could finally once again be united under his psak ;)
I know many people who commute to NY everyday, who live in Lakewood because they want their children to grow up in Lakewood. I guess your not talking to the Bnei Torah crowd. Speak to the many Maggidei shiur who commute to NY, I know a few personally, they live in Lkwd because of they want their children to grow up here.

You're either a liar, or your just speaking to the balebattishe (working litvish and chassidesh) crowd.
Normally when someone makes a claim - that they "probably spoken to a few hundred people living/planning on living here, and not one person said they were moving here for the chinuch" - they're lying. Stop with your exaggerations - you're making a fool out of yourself.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:42:58 AM by Baruch »

Offline Lechayim

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 09, 2014, 03:02:44 PM »
Just want to clarify a few facts:
1) Ani Maamin is not about Q&A sessions but rather educating parents and educators to have clarity in the ikrei emunah so that they should be more passionate when discussing these inyanim (as we should be).  This has nothing to do with Chakira, if you dont believe me, just join one of their parent or teacher training seminars as I did, or listen to some shuirim online.
2) The sign was against the first ad not the second one posted here. The first ad was too strong and it unintentionally implied that the seder is a time for addressing questions, therefore the organization changed their ad to avoid being misleading and the rabbonim issued a statement clarifying that the approach of the first ad was incorrect. (If you actually read the sign it is not against the organization but rather the ad).
3) If you actually listen to the teleconference (its available on their website http://animaamin.org/news/recording-of-pre-pesach-teleconference-now-available-free/) there is nothing about questions!
4) I happen to know that Rav Mattisyahu personally reviewed the notes for the teleconference before it took place and said that there was nothing problematic being presented, and that they were ready to cancel the teleconference if he would have disapproved of anything.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2014, 03:21:44 PM »
Just want to clarify a few facts:
1) Ani Maamin is not about Q&A sessions but rather educating parents and educators to have clarity in the ikrei emunah so that they should be more passionate when discussing these inyanim (as we should be).  This has nothing to do with Chakira, if you dont believe me, just join one of their parent or teacher training seminars as I did, or listen to some shuirim online.
2) The sign was against the first ad not the second one posted here. The first ad was too strong and it unintentionally implied that the seder is a time for addressing questions, therefore the organization changed their ad to avoid being misleading and the rabbonim issued a statement clarifying that the approach of the first ad was incorrect. (If you actually read the sign it is not against the organization but rather the ad).
3) If you actually listen to the teleconference (its available on their website http://animaamin.org/news/recording-of-pre-pesach-teleconference-now-available-free/) there is nothing about questions!
4) I happen to know that Rav Mattisyahu personally reviewed the notes for the teleconference before it took place and said that there was nothing problematic being presented, and that they were ready to cancel the teleconference if he would have disapproved of anything.
Great. Just one thing needs clarification: R' Matisyahu had a long conversation with Rabbi S. of Ani Maamin right b4 he sent the signs out to be hung up, if all it was - was a misleading ad, why did he send out the letter, which includes language that implies strongly that it's not just against the ad.

Offline MarkS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2014, 03:23:06 PM »
Great. Just one thing needs clarification: R' Matisyahu had a long conversation with Rabbi S. of Ani Maamin right b4 he sent the signs out to be hung up, if all it was - was a misleading ad, why did he send out the letter, which includes language that implies strongly that it's not just against the ad.
+1. The language could/should have been a lot clearer according to this new information.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2014, 03:26:08 PM »
I did hear from people that the ad didn't sound like Rabbi S.'s usual mehalech (I forgot exactly his last name - Saper something).

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2014, 03:35:49 PM »
I did hear from people that the ad didn't sound like Rabbi S.'s usual mehalech (I forgot exactly his last name - Saper something).
Sapirman?
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline Lechayim

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2014, 03:36:56 PM »

I was wondering the same thing myself. I am trying to find out if the ad was indeed sent out by Rav Mattisyahu himself and if not, if this is how he wanted it to be written.
For now I just wanted to clarify the facts I do know for sure, to avoid any unnecessary motzei shem ra...

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2014, 03:49:34 PM »
His usual mahalach is to walk into boy's or girls highschool and propose emuna questions and have a Q&A session where everything gets resolved.

Kinda pathetic to believe that the organization is all about "educating" Rabbeim about the ikrey haemuna. If true, its the saddest thing I've heard in a while!

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2014, 03:51:48 PM »
Sapirman?
Either that or Saperstein.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2014, 03:53:49 PM »
I was wondering the same thing myself. I am trying to find out if the ad was indeed sent out by Rav Mattisyahu himself and if not, if this is how he wanted it to be written.
For now I just wanted to clarify the facts I do know for sure, to avoid any unnecessary motzei shem ra...
I meant that R' Matisyahu spoke to R Sapirman for a long time b4 R Matisyahu sent out the Machaah.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 09, 2014, 03:55:36 PM »
I meant that R' Matisyahu spoke to R Sapirman for a long time b4 R Matisyahu sent out the Machaah.
right, cuz he doesn't like the organization.

What have you heard about his mahalach? I'm curious.

Its Sapirman. http://animaamin.org/news/about/bios/

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2014, 03:59:17 PM »
I never heard his stuff. But people who did tell me that the ad didn't sound like his style.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2014, 04:02:03 PM »
From their site :

"The Ani Maamin Foundation — History and Mission

We believe that parents and teachers must learn how to instill the fundamentals of Jewish faith in their children and students.

We can no longer assume that our youth grow up with emunah peshuta. In fact, we must not assume our children know anything unless we have explicitly taught them. Many young people privately ask questions about the most basic points of Jewish thought."

Talk about dismissing the mahalach of emuna peshuta and embracing chakira...