Author Topic: REB SHAYALA KARESTEIRER  (Read 88370 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: REB SHAYALA KARESTEIRER
« Reply #300 on: April 11, 2022, 08:32:38 PM »
Not a d'oraysa, all been discussed
Just curious if people that have this minhag have exceptions for that.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 11, 2022, 08:33:14 PM »
Wow never heard that. I don't think his einiklech follow this, it's said that only the Liska einiklech do. (And the Yismach Moshe's einiklech don't since he regretted and changed his minhag sof yamov)
That's right. The Kossoner Einiklech all know about it. The reason the Liska Einiklech still keep it is because R'Hershele did not change even though he was told his Rebbe changed his Minhag, and even though he was meikel in general with everything else (his whole mehalech towards Hidden was pure Ahavas Yisroel, as can be see by the stories of his talmid R'Shayala).
Lechem mishneh?
One of the issues raised by the Munkatcher Rav, others have teshuvos explaining it (iirc, Shilchan Melachim was one sefer given out by a Ruv who was a Chasid of R'Shayala).

Online yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 11, 2022, 08:35:29 PM »
Just curious if people that have this minhag have exceptions for that.
As I mentioned, some who kept this Minhag to a degree, did eat just a Kezayis by every YT and Shabbos meal, and did not wash on Chol HaMoed. Others ate only the Kezaisim by the sedarim and that was it until Achron Shel Pesach.
IINM it's discussed already in the Rishonim or early Acharonim, can double check soon.
Would be nice if you can quote some here. I researched a bit a few years ago, but don't recall everything exactly, and don't have seforim handy.

Online EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 11, 2022, 08:58:29 PM »
Would be nice if you can quote some here. I researched a bit a few years ago, but don't recall everything exactly, and don't have seforim handy.
Earliest I see in Halacha right now is the שערי תשובה סוף ת׳׳ס, from his language it doesn't sound it was a minhag mentioned any earlier, otherwise he'd quote them.

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #304 on: April 11, 2022, 09:50:42 PM »
ok this thread went off the rails.....

Online yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 11, 2022, 09:59:17 PM »
ok this thread went off the rails.....
The thread is titled REB SHAYALA KARESTEIRER.

Online yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 11, 2022, 10:57:12 PM »
Earliest I see in Halacha right now is the שערי תשובה סוף ת׳׳ס, from his language it doesn't sound it was a minhag mentioned any earlier, otherwise he'd quote them.

They just reprinted the Ohr Hayoshor VaTov (history of R'Hershele of Liska) and this is in there (thank you ZBerman Books for having it in stock). @Dan Apparently, some Chabad Chassidim had this Minhag, too.

Offline chff

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 27, 2022, 06:24:08 PM »
site will be up soon FlyToKerestir.com

Website is up

2022 Kerestir primer:

Yurzeit is Wednesday May 4
Closest airports are KSC/DEB/BUD, BUD has the most options

Car Rentals:
To drive on Hungarian Motorways the car needs to have a "vignette" (toll stickers). Locally rented cars should come with one
*WAZE USERS* add "Vignette HU - E-matrica országos" under "Tolls & HOV passes", otherwise you will be routed avoiding the highway
Make note of speeding cameras, violations can be as high as 300k HUF (~$837 USD)
Some might ask for an "International Driving Permit", and some countries (like Poland), driving without one is as driving unlicensed
One-way rentals returning in countries have a hefty drop fee

Generally it takes about 3 hours to/from BUD airport so you have to overnight (those coming to/from USA). The direct charter is without overnight, 32 hours hours EWR>EWR

COVID RESTRICTIONS: (please note when transiting other countries to check their rules as well)

Hungary: The word "Covid" is in the history books already

Those transiting:
Poland: Covid is over as well, no masks required on LOT Polish
Germany: Proof of vaccinations or 48hr covid test. Lufthansa (German law) requires FFP2/KN95. To access a lounge you need a 24hr covid test
Switzerland: To enter the Schengen Area thru Switzerland you must be fully vaccinated within the past 270 days. exiting thru Switzerland is ok. AS OF MAY 2 ALL BORDER RESTRICTIONS ARE ENDING. Masks are NOT required in Switzerland/Swiss Airlines
Austria: A PCR 72hr or Rapid 48hr is required to enter Austria. Austrian (Austria law) requires a N95/KN95 mask
France: A PCR 72hr or Rapid 48hr is required to enter France

Returning to USA:
Everyone over the age of 2 needs a negative Covid test within a day before the flight (not limited to 24 hours)

Offline WonderingYid

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 27, 2022, 08:19:52 PM »
Make note of speeding cameras, violations can be as high as 300k HUF (~$837 USD)
And I thought the speed cameras in NYC were bad...

Online Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #309 on: April 27, 2022, 09:57:03 PM »
And I thought the speed cameras in NYC were bad...
IIRC its only at one spot along the road from BUD to Kerestir

Offline chff

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 28, 2022, 10:11:38 PM »

Offline Ekay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 29, 2022, 01:37:29 AM »

Germany: Proof of vaccinations or 48hr covid test. Lufthansa (German law) requires FFP2/KN95. To access a lounge you need a 24hr covid test

Returning to USA:
Everyone over the age of 2 needs a negative Covid test within a day before the flight (not limited to 24 hours)

For Germany is a Covid pdf good enough or also need vaccine card?

To return to us do I need pcr or antigen is good? Any idea where I can get a lab in BUD that will give results immediately? Or where I can get a PDF?

Online Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #312 on: April 29, 2022, 07:37:00 AM »
Any idea where I can get a lab in BUD that will give results immediately?
https://www.bud.hu/en/testing_center

Offline Saulius

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 29, 2022, 08:04:42 AM »
For Germany is a Covid pdf good enough or also need vaccine card?

To return to us do I need pcr or antigen is good? Any idea where I can get a lab in BUD that will give results immediately? Or where I can get a PDF?

See: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php 

For Germany, if you are not an EU citizen and not vaccinated, they will not let you in unless you have an urgent and valid reason. Otherwise, a PDF with negative PCR or anti-gen tests suffices for transit for onward travel.   If you will fly back from ie. Budapest back to Germany - inside Europe / Schengen there is no passport control, and no covid test required. For the US citizens returning back to the US, anti-gen tests suffice.

You can get a anti-gen test in Budapest Airport with results in 15 min: https://bud.umedhub.com/

Offline Ekay

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 01, 2022, 12:24:51 PM »
See: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php 

For Germany, if you are not an EU citizen and not vaccinated, they will not let you in unless you have an urgent and valid reason. Otherwise, a PDF with negative PCR or anti-gen tests suffices for transit for onward travel.   If you will fly back from ie. Budapest back to Germany - inside Europe / Schengen there is no passport control, and no covid test required. For the US citizens returning back to the US, anti-gen tests suffice.

You can get a anti-gen test in Budapest Airport with results in 15 min: https://bud.umedhub.com/

So to clarify if I’m flying EWR to BUD with a stop in MUC a negative PCR should be good enough correct?

Now for the return flight from BUD to EWR with a stop in FRA do I need something?

Offline Saulius

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 01, 2022, 02:27:41 PM »
So to clarify if I’m flying EWR to BUD with a stop in MUC a negative PCR should be good enough correct?

Now for the return flight from BUD to EWR with a stop in FRA do I need something?

Correct, negative PCR should be sufficient for a stopover in MUC (airport transit). For your return flight, you can stopover in FRA and go out of airport - nothing is needed. For your return flight, only the US would require negative test results - antigen 24 hours prior to departure should be sufficent.

Offline Ekay

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 01, 2022, 02:39:22 PM »
Correct, negative PCR should be sufficient for a stopover in MUC (airport transit). For your return flight, you can stopover in FRA and go out of airport - nothing is needed. For your return flight, only the US would require negative test results - antigen 24 hours prior to departure should be sufficent.
According to the united travel ready page I need a pcr for the BUD- FRA flight.

Offline Saulius

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 01, 2022, 05:00:13 PM »
According to the united travel ready page I need a pcr for the BUD- FRA flight.

Looking at:

https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/faqs/EN/topics/civil-protection/coronavirus/coronavirus-faqs.html
https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/faqs/EN/topics/civil-protection/coronavirus/travel-restrictions-border-control/I-rules-on-travel-to-germany/what-pandemic-related-restrictions-apply-to-air-sea-and-overland-travel.html;jsessionid=3C237FD7ED3801F355A9EFE6020D3321.2_cid373

You should definitely be okay with an anti-gen, as long as the test was 24 hours prior to arrival in Germany from another EU country part of Schengen. There is no passport control flying in from within the Schengen region -- so if there would be enforcement, it would be the Airline on check-in.

Offline Ekay

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 03, 2022, 05:39:09 PM »
Website is up

2022 Kerestir primer:

Yurzeit is Wednesday May 4
Closest airports are KSC/DEB/BUD, BUD has the most options

Car Rentals:
To drive on Hungarian Motorways the car needs to have a "vignette" (toll stickers). Locally rented cars should come with one
*WAZE USERS* add "Vignette HU - E-matrica országos" under "Tolls & HOV passes", otherwise you will be routed avoiding the highway
Some might ask for an "International Driving Permit", and some countries (like Poland), driving without one is as driving unlicensed
One-way rentals returning in countries have a hefty drop fee

Generally it takes about 3 hours to/from BUD airport so you have to overnight (those coming to/from USA). The direct charter is without overnight, 32 hours hours EWR>EWR

COVID RESTRICTIONS: (please note when transiting other countries to check their rules as well)

Hungary: The word "Covid" is in the history books already

Those transiting:
Poland: Covid is over as well, no masks required on LOT Polish
Switzerland: To enter the Schengen Area thru Switzerland you must be fully vaccinated within the past 270 days. exiting thru Switzerland is ok. AS OF MAY 2 ALL BORDER RESTRICTIONS ARE ENDING. Masks are NOT required in Switzerland/Swiss Airlines
Austria: A PCR 72hr or Rapid 48hr is required to enter Austria. Austrian (Austria law) requires a N95/KN95 mask
France: A PCR 72hr or Rapid 48hr is required to enter France

Returning to USA:

Update: No mask required in Muc, and Lufthansa did not ask for a pcr nor a mask to access the lounge.

Flew muc to bud on LH they gave me a regular surgical mask to put on but the did not enforce at all. I sat without a mask the whole flight.

Offline Ekay

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 03, 2022, 05:40:25 PM »
Seems like Germany is putting Covid into the history books as well.