Author Topic: best luggage  (Read 40086 times)

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: best luggage
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2014, 10:38:30 PM »
In this day and age, it there luggage that is trackable via GPS?

Offline nocknock

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2014, 12:14:24 AM »
I have this suitcase http://www.luggagepros.com/hartmann-tweed-classic-20-mobile-traveler-wide.shtml brandnew for a great price. PM for details

Offline Menachem613

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2014, 12:20:24 AM »
Get the one with the lifetime warrantee.

Online shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2014, 12:31:26 PM »
Any recommendations for a cheap rolling duffle? Dan recommended from costco but doesnt look like they sell it anymore.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2014, 12:36:05 PM »
Any recommendations for a cheap rolling duffle? Dan recommended from costco but doesnt look like they sell it anymore.
nwl

Offline nyminute

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2014, 12:41:42 PM »
If you don't need fast put this link  in your favorites sometimes they have it for $200 for entire 3pc set.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SKKJAG/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Proud Father of Son Serving IDF.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2014, 12:42:26 PM »
Is there any good carry on with a solution for carrying a suit?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline nyminute

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2014, 12:48:27 PM »
I used this to go to Israel to see my son get married last Feb with one of DansDeals travel specials to Israel.
This unit held my wifes dress and my tux outfit and even possibly if I recall my daughters dress. Great thing was the plane was able to hang it in their closet for me free no issues.
Unit is canvas and tough as nails.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EH719Q/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

by the way this is a 60 inch length but if you don't need as long they cost less at bottom of site youll see other options

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2014, 12:50:57 PM »
I got this one as it was the only suit bag I could find that had wheels and didn't roll the horizontal way, but rather stood upright like most suitcases. I didn't want the horizontal ones as I feel like they are too wide for easy travelling. It's actually kinda cool how it folds the suit - it's a tri-fold, not a bi-fold. I bought it simply for going away for Shabbos, and have not yet taken it as a carryon on any flights, though. From the airlines I've checked with, it's not a perfect fit. An inch too big this way, 2 inches that way, but 3 inches small enough that way, etc. So that will depend on how strict the airline is I guess. Just a warning, my suits usually come out with a few creases, although I can't imagine any suitcase where that doesn't happen.

http://www.overstock.com/Luggage-Bags/Travelers-Choice-Siena-21-inch-Hybrid-Garment-Bag-Carry-On-Upright-Suitcase/4313510/product.html?refccid=BMU2KPMOB2VJASCB2BEDGQC25U&searchidx=1

Offline nyminute

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2014, 12:55:01 PM »
I got this one as it was the only suit bag I could find that had wheels and didn't roll the horizontal way, but rather stood upright like most suitcases. I didn't want the horizontal ones as I feel like they are too wide for easy travelling. It's actually kinda cool how it folds the suit - it's a tri-fold, not a bi-fold. I bought it simply for going away for Shabbos, and have not yet taken it as a carryon on any flights, though. From the airlines I've checked with, it's not a perfect fit. An inch too big this way, 2 inches that way, but 3 inches small enough that way, etc. So that will depend on how strict the airline is I guess. Just a warning, my suits usually come out with a few creases, although I can't imagine any suitcase where that doesn't happen.

http://www.overstock.com/Luggage-Bags/Travelers-Choice-Siena-21-inch-Hybrid-Garment-Bag-Carry-On-Upright-Suitcase/4313510/product.html?refccid=BMU2KPMOB2VJASCB2BEDGQC25U&searchidx=1
If interested I can give you a trick to how to travel where the suits don't have one wrinkle in them when you land in a suitcase.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2014, 12:57:53 PM »
I carry my suits outside of the carry on in a simple suit bag and hang it on the plane. I'm looking for some convenient way to clip them to each other.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline nyminute

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2014, 01:01:30 PM »
I carry my suits outside of the carry on in a simple suit bag and hang it on the plane. I'm looking for some convenient way to clip them to each other.
sandwich bag tie

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2014, 01:14:16 PM »

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2014, 01:20:29 PM »
If interested I can give you a trick to how to travel where the suits don't have one wrinkle in them when you land in a suitcase.
Tissue paper in between the folds?
Most suitcases have that seatbelt-like clip to attach a smaller carryon to the larger bag. Perhaps you can get the hangers to hook onto that.
Say what?
One of those little twist-ties.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2014, 01:24:55 PM »
Most suitcases have that seatbelt-like clip to attach a smaller carryon to the larger bag. Perhaps you can get the hangers to hook onto that.

I'm looking for a set that's designed for that... But seems like Tumi & Rimowa don't have anything.

Offline nyminute

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2014, 01:31:32 PM »
I'm looking for a set that's designed for that... But seems like Tumi & Rimowa don't have anything.
That's why I suggested the garment bag link. Comes with a set of 3 hangers that lock down between the slots to secure the clothing in place like Yehuda explained.
Professional neat and secure

Online shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2014, 01:51:30 PM »
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Protege-32-Expandable-Rolling-Duffel-Bag-Black/11069689

I was looking for a rolling duffle like this, it doesnt have an expandle handle but that's ok. As long as it makes it there in one piece i dont care. anyone ever buy this or similar priced, up to $30?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:45:27 PM by PlatinumGuy »

Offline username

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2015, 11:40:05 AM »

I got this (Travelers Choice Siena 21 inch Hybrid Garment)about a year and a half ago, used for about 10 trips. One of the handles just cracked, but I got it from Amazon, and I chatted and they will refund me. I will have to mail it back, but will buy it again, unless i find a brand name that makes this.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003U8HHAA/?tag=cl03f-20
^^^

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2015, 01:01:40 PM »
I got this (Travelers Choice Siena 21 inch Hybrid Garment)about a year and a half ago, used for about 10 trips. One of the handles just cracked, but I got it from Amazon, and I chatted and they will refund me. I will have to mail it back, but will buy it again, unless i find a brand name that makes this.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003U8HHAA/?tag=cl03f-20
The handles cracked on me once, but Overstock replaced it for me without a problem. I believe they made me ship it back, but I can't remember if they made me pay for the shipping. Been very happy since then. BTW to update my original post, my suits have been coming out without any creases since the early days. I used to try and squish 2 suites in there plus some shirts and that was really pushing it. 1 suit with 1-2 shirts has been fine.