Topic Wiki

This is the thread for all random/general questions about Southwest. The official airline code for Southwest is WN as SW was taken by Air Namibia, but many people on the forums refer to Southwest as SW since no one talks about Air Namibia ever.

For questions about any of the SW CC's, see here.
For questions about the SW Companion Pass, see here.
For questions about auto-checkin to SW flights, see here. (Follow the wiki to learn how to set it up.)
« Last edited by @Yehuda on August 14, 2014, 11:29:08 AM »

Author Topic: Southwest questions  (Read 44231 times)

Offline yunchkup

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Southwest questions
« Reply #465 on: July 15, 2019, 09:22:14 PM »
Look at the route map and click list view, then filter nonstops only.
Thank you! This was super helpful!

Offline guoguo914

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 18, 2019, 06:15:17 AM »
Just found out that my points expired back in April 2019... Any way I can save it with car rental receipt?

Offline yunchkup

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 11, 2019, 12:08:55 AM »
If I booked a flight for myself and my current companion, but I want to travel with someone else, will they give me a hard time transfering the reservation from the current companion to whom I actually want to travel with?
I can change the designation of my companion now and make a reservation for the new companion, but I'm not sure this trip will work out and I'm limited with how many times I can change who my companion is, so I'd rather hold off a bit until I know more details about the reserved trip and how likely it is to actually happen.

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 11, 2019, 10:54:44 AM »
If I booked a flight for myself and my current companion, but I want to travel with someone else, will they give me a hard time transfering the reservation from the current companion to whom I actually want to travel with?
I can change the designation of my companion now and make a reservation for the new companion, but I'm not sure this trip will work out and I'm limited with how many times I can change who my companion is, so I'd rather hold off a bit until I know more details about the reserved trip and how likely it is to actually happen.
If you change your companion, it will cancel the companion flight. You can then instantly book the flight for your new companion, subject to availability. It's possible that your cancelled companion seat will get sold in the interim if it's a full flight, so I'd try to do it with a phone rep.

Offline yunchkup

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 11, 2019, 01:14:21 PM »
If you change your companion, it will cancel the companion flight. You can then instantly book the flight for your new companion, subject to availability. It's possible that your cancelled companion seat will get sold in the interim if it's a full flight, so I'd try to do it with a phone rep.
That's what I'm afraid of, but with a phone rep the transfer should happen immediately, no?

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 11, 2019, 01:45:56 PM »
That's what I'm afraid of, but with a phone rep the transfer should happen immediately, no?
I don't think it's inatant. Fairly sure seats can be in any fare bucket so as long as you still see seats, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Offline ad120

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 20, 2019, 01:21:54 AM »
Just realized to WN is operating 2X Daily EWR-BWI & BWI-EWR until Nov 2.
ex-EWR 06:40 AM & 04:55 PM
ex-BWI 09:10 AM & 08:40 PM

Offline herb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 20, 2019, 02:44:38 AM »
I recently forgot to cancel my flight 10 min prior to departure and therefore lost all travel funds. Is there anyway to get them back? I already reached out to customer relations and they would not help me. Tia

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 23, 2019, 07:58:51 AM »
I recently forgot to cancel my flight 10 min prior to departure and therefore lost all travel funds. Is there anyway to get them back? I already reached out to customer relations and they would not help me. Tia
Unlikely. It's a clear policy.