Author Topic: Robot Vacuum Cleaner  (Read 7893 times)

Offline DovtheBear

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Regus Gold, Hertz 5 Star, National Executive, Sixt Platinum, Chase Debit, Rav Kav Emerald
Re: Robot Vacuum Cleaner
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2014, 10:36:39 AM »
Neato XV-12 $199 Shipped from Walmart

Reviews on Amazon seem pretty good.
The reason I'm hesitating is because it's so cheap.
Any opinions?
"להסתובב זה לא אומר להיות חופשי"

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2014, 10:37:21 AM »
Neato XV-12 $199 Shipped from Walmart

Reviews on Amazon seem pretty good.
The reason I'm hesitating is because it's so cheap.
Any opinions?
buy on amex?
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline DovtheBear

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Regus Gold, Hertz 5 Star, National Executive, Sixt Platinum, Chase Debit, Rav Kav Emerald
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2014, 10:38:59 AM »
buy on amex?
Good point. But, (and thank you for reminding me to look up it's compatibility), it's going to Israel. But I guess it can't hurt.
"להסתובב זה לא אומר להיות חופשי"

Offline Joe4007

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 08:31:12 AM »

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2014, 01:15:30 PM »
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2014, 01:41:42 PM »
Thank you JJ and Joe!
I think I'm going to buy it.
FTFY.
Please post a TR.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2014, 02:01:47 PM »
FTFY.

But see - I had to get a buzz from Joe about this deal. Following DD on Twitter became a little overwhelming.

Please post a TR.
Will do IYH

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2014, 02:03:07 PM »
But see - I had to get a buzz from Joe about this deal. Following DD on Twitter became a little overwhelming.
You can thank JJ for that too ;)
I think we've dialed back a notch over the past week.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2014, 02:05:27 PM »
Darn - sold out.

Important messages about items in your Cart:
We're sorry. The item iRobot Roomba 790 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for Pets and Allergies is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2014, 02:06:48 PM »
Darn - sold out.

Important messages about items in your Cart:
We're sorry. The item iRobot Roomba 790 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for Pets and Allergies is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page.
sloozed

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2014, 02:10:14 PM »

Urban Dictionary: Slooze
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Slooze
Urban Dictionary
Slooze. A girl who is known as a slut and goes out every weekend on campus. Boy "Damn, you got got with Julie tonight?"

Offline SamKey

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: If I'm there I can't be here and if I'm here I can't be there
  • Programs: National EE; Hertz PC; Sixt Plt; Avis First; Hilton Gold; Priority Club Plt; West Bestern DE; Carlson Club GE; Accor PLT
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2014, 02:12:05 PM »
We have one for years used it for the first week then let it sit in the corner since

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2014, 02:22:30 PM »
We have one for years used it for the first week then let it sit in the corner since
Share.

why?

Offline SamKey

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: If I'm there I can't be here and if I'm here I can't be there
  • Programs: National EE; Hertz PC; Sixt Plt; Avis First; Hilton Gold; Priority Club Plt; West Bestern DE; Carlson Club GE; Accor PLT
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2014, 04:11:56 PM »
Share.

why?
It's a toy and does not do as good nor as time efficient a job your own hands do

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2014, 04:15:26 PM »
The newer ones have supposedly gotten much better.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2014, 04:20:28 PM »
The newer ones have supposedly gotten much better.
There's a newer version (800) to the one that was on sale today.

Offline ShmuliT

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2014, 01:19:00 AM »
After just reading up a bunch about these here is some info i found:

Here is a great detailed article comparing all the cleaning robots out there. It recommends the Roomba 650.
The best robot vacuum for most people is the $400 iRobot Roomba 650. It’s easy to use, works on bare floors and carpets alike, and leaves out the unnecessary features that drive up the price on most bots.

Second place was the  more expensive, but not top of the range Roomba 760.
I strongly considered including the Roomba 760 as a semifinalist, but decided against it. It’s one step up from the 650, only costs an extra $50, and has some features that looked like they might’ve been useful—particularly the Persistent Pass, which will allegedly spend more time cleaning areas that are extra-dirty. I couldn’t find any solid evidence that this is actually useful, though. My hunch is that, since bots aren’t especially great cleaners anyway, it’s like spending time trying to break ice with a snow shovel—it’ll get the job done eventually, but you should just use the right tool (an icebreaker) instead. It also has a remote control, which could be useful, and an extra virtual wall. The dust bin can hold slightly more dirt, too, because it uses a smaller filter than the 600 series. It’s not a bad bot at all, but I don’t think there’s anything here that really makes it a better buy. (The previous Sweethome guide to robot vacs suggested that it might be better for pet owners because of the HEPA filter, but that just didn’t turn out to be true.)

The rest of the 700 series (770, 780, and the now-discontinued 790) are what Cangeloso calls “luxury” robots. Each successive model adds one or two extra features, like a full-bin indicator for the 770, and touch-sensitive controls for the 780, that do nothing to change the cleaning ability. Each tier costs $100 more than the one before it, which isn’t worth it.

Costco has its own Roomba 655 which is selling for $349. Aside from being grey and not black it looks exactly the same as the 650. It has some advantages over the 650, it includes a "iRobot XLife Extended Life Battery" which is the newest battery and delivers twice as many cleaning cycles which only comes in the 800 models, plus it includes some bonus brushes and cleaning tools not included with the 650.

Or BB&B has the $650 for $399, may try to match to amazon $360 and then use a 20% coupon. YMMV

Offline HowYaDoin

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2017, 09:17:34 PM »
What is the consensus on these things, my trusty electrolux snapped in half and am now in the market for a new one.. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Offline wayfe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2017, 07:33:36 AM »
I have the Roomba 650.

pros:

I think it's a great product, even if not 100% thorough- if you're very particular- you can use your roomba on most days and do a real thorough sweep yourself once or twice a week....

If you have carpet in many rooms- it's great for maintenance.

I like that it sucks up a lot of dust- which with sweeping would usually just get pushed around.

Awesome scheduling feature- you can set it to run while you're away/at work...

You still need to make sure to declutter and put away things like toys strewn all over the floor or it'll confuse the roomba, and it's best to block off exits if you want to the roomba to be more thorough. It takes my roomba around 20min to do an approx. 10x10 room.

cons:

It can get annoying when it keeps bumping into me while I'm trying to clean the kitchen

very light pieces of dirt (ex. bits of styrofoam that my baby destroyed) kept being blown just out the roomba's reach, and it didn't pick them all up.

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned."
— Richard Feynman

Offline HowYaDoin

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2017, 08:01:49 AM »
I have the Roomba 650.

pros:

I think it's a great product, even if not 100% thorough- if you're very particular- you can use your roomba on most days and do a real thorough sweep yourself once or twice a week....

If you have carpet in many rooms- it's great for maintenance.

I like that it sucks up a lot of dust- which with sweeping would usually just get pushed around.

Awesome scheduling feature- you can set it to run while you're away/at work...

You still need to make sure to declutter and put away things like toys strewn all over the floor or it'll confuse the roomba, and it's best to block off exits if you want to the roomba to be more thorough. It takes my roomba around 20min to do an approx. 10x10 room.

cons:

It can get annoying when it keeps bumping into me while I'm trying to clean the kitchen

very light pieces of dirt (ex. bits of styrofoam that my baby destroyed) kept being blown just out the roomba's reach, and it didn't pick them all up.
If I have multiple carpeted rooms on one floor can it do them all in one shot? or would i need to do each room separately with closed door?