Topic Wiki

There are no issues with:

• Having Jewish items
  • Looking Jewish
  • Bringing in food or alcohol
  • Having Israeli stamps in your passport.

List of TR's:
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/trip-notes/maldives-trip-notes-part-2-dubai-and-abu-dhabi/
Sam28 TR
UAE- Abu Dhabi and Dubai TR with lots of links for attractions and food etc (maybe s/o would copy+paste from there to here)

Kosher Food/ Restaurants:
for up to date and more info see https://chabad.ae/kosher/

TLV Restaurant - Location in the H hotel  - For reservations: Call: +97142435711  / WhatsApp: +971522209155
The Kosher Place - Location Jumeriah Creekside Hotel - For reservations, please WhatsApp +972559453118
Mul hayam
Armani Kaf - Location Armani Hotel - Reservation online or email Restaurant.Reservations@armanihotels.com (sometimes it wont show available online but over email they'll confirm)
King David Kitchen kingdavidkitchen.com
Kosher coffee Bibi

Synagogue:
PM Dan for contact info.

Things to Do:

Sites to find deals:
  Groupon.ae
  Greatdeals.ae
  getyourguide.com
  klook.com
  tiqets.com

- Miracle Garden (need 1-2 hours) - https://www.dubaimiraclegarden.com/
 - Global Village  (Need 3-4 hours - opens at 4pm ) - https://www.globalvillage.ae/en/home-page
 - Xline - zip thru the marina (need max 1 hour from checkin till land back) - Book online in advance to secure a spot - http://xline.xdubai.com/
 - Desert Adventure - (need 6 hours - from 3pm -9pm) - Includes Quad Biking, Dune Bashing, Camel rides, BBQ dinner in a camp site while watching Cultural shows  - https://www.desertadventures.com/  - There is a Kosher catered tour that is highly recommended , every tuesday , Whatsapp +972 58-551-1911 for reservations , full Kosher BBQ and "kosher" cultural shows
- 3 Main Malls - Mall in Marina (Basic) , Mall of Emirates (huge mall - Has indoor ski) , Mall of Dubai (downtown -even bigger mall has aquarium inside and is a very high end shopping mall)
 - Gold / Perfume / Spice Souk - Marketplace in Deira area (need half a day minimum for this)
 - Burj Khalifa - View points from above - Buy tickets online in advance for best price - https://www.burjkhalifa.ae/en/index.aspx  - best to go in evening time before sunset  - Theres also a VIP option to skip the lines
 - Dubai Sky Dive
 - Helicopter ride - recommended is the 22 min flight option
 - Hot Air balloon - https://www.ballooning.ae/ - check the deal sites sometimes have a buy 2 get 1  - Early AM in the desert
 - Dubai Creek Boat ride ( need 2.5hrs - Board 8pm - duration 830pm to 1030pm)
- Dubai Gold frame 
- night boat ride along the intercostal
 - Fountain Show on the boardwalk downtown - from 6pm every 30 min (buy a ticket online/walkup to be closer to water but you can still see it without that or if you are eating at Armani Kaf, you can see from the terrace
- Yacht + jet ski rentals
- Dubai Aquarium / underwater zoo
- Yellow Boat (inflatable motor boat) Sightseeing Cruise
- The view at the palm - theviewpalm.ae
- Legoland
- Inside burj al arab insideburjalarab.com

Hotels:

Getting Around:

Notes:

« Last edited by hakohen on August 20, 2023, 04:53:22 AM »

Author Topic: Dubai Master Thread  (Read 286795 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Dubai Master Thread
« Reply #1380 on: February 18, 2024, 08:18:37 PM »
Its usually advised to wear something loose fitting AFAIK
Shouldn't those be removed under water whenever possible? Have to imagine that would be a lot more practical at night...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline efflpetzel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: February 18, 2024, 08:38:24 PM »

We did do the kosher jeep tour and while the guy running it is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet I personally found the activity to be pretty boring.

Its not worth doing it with him at the moment, its 5 times the regular price & the only difference is the separate kosher buffet table

The food was so-so at all of the establishments but the fact there are even Kosher options to begin with is in and of itself amazing. I pretty much lived off Elli's Cafe for breakfast/lunch and the Butcher's Burger for dinner and did Bamidbar a couple of times. All of it was satisfactory but I wouldn't call any of it 5 star dining. The one place I did go out to eat at that I would say avoid was Mosaica. I feel bad having to say it but there were two other unsatisfied parties there as well and the food was really, really bad and took forever. I didn't complain but the other parties did and the owner came out and fought with them. It was prety awkward.

I had a great experience in Bibi's cafe for breakfast & The kosher place for dinner, agree with you on Mosaica, the decor is really nice but that's where it starts & ends, outrageous prices for garbage food

Apparently the govt shutdown the mikvah out of "precaution."

yup, without anyone saying it explicitly  I had the same understanding that the gov drove Chabad underground, daily shachris is in someone's apartment & Shabbos is in a different area each week

Offline imayid2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: February 18, 2024, 09:06:35 PM »
Shouldn't those be removed under water whenever possible? Have to imagine that would be a lot more practical at night...
I don’t think it’s necessary in such a situation

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1383 on: February 18, 2024, 09:27:03 PM »
I don’t think it’s necessary in such a situation
Obviously an ocean is a b'dieved, but that's not what I was told if it's possible to do discreetly at night.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline imayid2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 18, 2024, 10:25:35 PM »
Obviously an ocean is a b'dieved, but that's not what I was told if it's possible to do discreetly at night.
But in this case at night was dangerous, so it would be more advisable to wear something because otherwise there’s the worry that one might rush and not immerse properly.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: February 19, 2024, 12:10:05 AM »
That's why I was curious what makes it dangerous.

Offline Heartbrand

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 19, 2024, 06:38:21 AM »
I didn't get too involved in the "why" behind the night time being too dangerous or what not; it may have just been that night as we were there when they had the flooding and maybe in general they do it at night? There was a lot of fear it seemed in getting into the details about anything involving the Jewish community from locals which is weird because on the outside I never felt any danger or anything whatsoever and the hotel we stayed at even had a kosher meal option, albeit the frozen ones, and were more than willing to help accommodate us on Shabbos.

I will add that since I made this post we found out my wife left her engagement ring at the hotel and now the hotel is making us provide proof of purchase of a ring from 17 years ago to have it sent to us so that will be interesting to see what happens.

Offline sorotzkin9

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 19, 2024, 09:01:34 PM »
Its not worth doing it with him at the moment, its 5 times the regular price & the only difference is the separate kosher buffet table

I had a great experience in Bibi's cafe for breakfast & The kosher place for dinner, agree with you on Mosaica, the decor is really nice but that's where it starts & ends, outrageous prices for garbage food

yup, without anyone saying it explicitly  I had the same understanding that the gov drove Chabad underground, daily shachris is in someone's apartment & Shabbos is in a different area each week
Chabad Website and jewishuae are down as well. Ill assume the gov shutdown the Armani because its literally in the center of things.

Offline ReadsTheT&C

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: February 19, 2024, 10:30:00 PM »
Chabad Website and jewishuae are down as well. Ill assume the gov shutdown the Armani because its literally in the center of things.
Jewish Council of the Emirates down too. Nisht git

Offline Heartbrand

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: February 20, 2024, 07:57:36 AM »
My understanding from the locals is the government is trying to simply be cautious to avoid any potential acts of violence or what not against Jewish targets in response to the conflict in Gaza. Who knows though. Either way I didn’t feel any danger on my trip though again I wasn’t walking around advertising my Judaism.

Offline tavster

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #1390 on: February 20, 2024, 08:01:18 AM »
Ill assume the gov shutdown the Armani because its literally in the center of things.
What makes you think it's a government shut down and not closure due to lack of Israeli tourists?

Offline sorotzkin9

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: February 20, 2024, 09:01:30 PM »
What makes you think it's a government shut down and not closure due to lack of Israeli tourists?
How come that was the only restaurant to close down? Bamidbar only opened after oct 7 obviously there's enough kosher traffic there. It also happens to be located in the Burj which is the hottest and most public place in town. I remember walking in the main entrance surrounded only by arab sheiks, so it can definitely make sense they didn't want it there. Again this is just IMHO.

Offline efflpetzel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: February 21, 2024, 01:51:13 AM »
How come that was the only restaurant to close down? Bamidbar only opened after oct 7 obviously there's enough kosher traffic there. It also happens to be located in the Burj which is the hottest and most public place in town. I remember walking in the main entrance surrounded only by arab sheiks, so it can definitely make sense they didn't want it there. Again this is just IMHO.
All the other kosher restaurants are also seriously struggling, the amount of Jewish tourists is a fraction of what was pre Oct 7