Author Topic: Chabad Lag B'Omer Parade Ban  (Read 11957 times)

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Chabad Lag B'Omer Parade Ban
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2014, 10:37:23 PM »
f*** you
Let's not turn this into a CBC bashing fest :P
Curiosity made the cat smarter.

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2014, 10:59:17 PM »
I love CBC as much as I love any other yid, especially a DDFer, but this poster has repeatedly proven himself to be nothing more than a DDFer; a baby churner and a Chabad hater.

Whenever the Chabad topic comes up He's the first to jump and post something negative. This is just annoying.

I grew up with the assumption that the satmars are saving the world from the the Chabad epidemic, I didn't realize we have serious competition in Lakewood.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2014, 11:02:43 PM »
That's a lie!
The magid shiur (harav Vechter) did not  convinced no one to join chabad!

They caught him learning chassidus chabad, so they kicked him out of satmer and told his x-talmidim that he is a kofer.....,

but you can't lie just like this to kids/bochurim so they went to Crown Hights to check the place where their beloved teacher "became a kofer" (because they know that it is impossible that such a yrei shomaim when off the way!)

And guess what they found there.......a real kolel! (yes! they were told in satmer that Chabad don't learn and are frei women don't go to the mikve......)

And the rest is history....

P.S. I think that today satmer is not so close minded any more about lubavich but I know 100% that that was the case back then...
I'm not going to add more than that what YOU just said is a lie.
Good night chabad, litvaks and satmar. see you tomorrow
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Freddie

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2014, 11:47:31 PM »
I don't think Lubavitch does much to mingle with other Yidden either (and yes, they do it in a much quiter way which I find commendable). Their attendance at multi-community events which are not organized by them and them alone is, I think, even less than that of Satmar.

This is what Lubavitch and Satmar have most in common with each other and why they continue to be the two biggest "brand names" in Yiddishkeit.

As they say, don't dilute your brand.

Offline Dr Moose

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2014, 12:17:08 AM »
This is what Lubavitch and Satmar have most in common with each other and why they continue to be the two biggest "brand names" in Yiddishkeit.

As they say, don't dilute your brand.
I suppose if I'm litvish then I'm an "off brand"?
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline churnbabychurn

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2014, 04:56:59 PM »
I love CBC as much as I love any other yid, especially a DDFer, but this poster has repeatedly proven himself to be nothing more than a DDFer; a baby churner and a Chabad hater.

Whenever the Chabad topic comes up He's the first to jump and post something negative. This is just annoying.

I grew up with the assumption that the satmars are saving the world from the the Chabad epidemic, I didn't realize we have serious competition in Lakewood.
OK... Not doing this all over again. Peace out and good Shabbos!
:)

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2014, 06:13:14 PM »
I suppose if I'm litvish then I'm an "off brand"?

Yes, like Kirkland.

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Chabad Lag B'Omer Parade
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2014, 12:07:44 PM »
Well said!

Satmar unfortunately had their bad experience with chabad when one of their teachers was caught influencing his students to join chabad. They respect chabad very much, but they have a right to shelter their young children from leaving their Mesorah.

I don't want to start a fight here but attempts to influence children from another sect to join your ranks is nothing better than a missionary.

Nobody was influencing Satmar students to join Chabad. They were teaching them Chabad Chassidus, something which does not impede with their Mesorah.

As for Satmar, they slit the throat of this teacher and left him naked on the side of a highway to die. Another teacher was beaten and had his beard cut off. (For the record, one of the guys involved in the beard-cutting is now serving a 70 year sentence for molesting young girls.)

But Chabad are the bad guys here, right?

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost

Offline MarkS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2014, 12:29:36 PM »
Granted this was at the CH parade and not BP, but I did find the waking up in the grave part a drop strange.

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2014, 12:33:18 PM »
Granted this was at the CH parade and not BP, but I did find the waking up in the grave part a drop strange.

Not getting into the rest of the paraphernalia involved there, do you not believe in T'chiyas Hameisim?

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2014, 12:37:27 PM »

Strange? Yes. Inappropriate?  Yes.

But, these guys were not part of the official parade and went with along with the procession without permission. They yellow flag fellows are a rogue group of individuals that like to call themselves Chabad. Not my problem.

On a side note, do you believe in Techiyas Hameisim? Or is it some looney old fantasy tale?

Offline MarkS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2014, 12:37:37 PM »
Not getting into the rest of the paraphernalia involved there, do you not believe in T'chiyas Hameisim?
Of course I do. I still think it's weird to put bochurim in fake graves to demonstrate it.

I believe in Moshiach too. Don't you think it would be weird if someone dressed up in a long white beard  pretending to be Moshiach with another guy next to him dressed up like Moshe Rabeinu?

But, these guys were not part of the official parade and went with along with the procession without permission. They yellow flag fellows are a rogue group of individuals that like to call themselves Chabad. Not my problem.
Not your problem, but it goes on at the parade. I don't know if this went on at the BP parade also, but if so does that make it more understandable why Satmar wanted to stay away?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 12:42:06 PM by MarkS »

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2014, 12:42:14 PM »
Of course I do. I still think it's weird to put bochurim in fake graves to demonstrate it.

The fact that it was Bochurim might be a bit over the top but I think almost every year there is at least one Techiyas Hameisim display that has dummies/dolls coming out of graves.

Offline menachem_m

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2014, 12:50:04 PM »
Well put. No group is immune from their fair share of 'kochavim'.