Author Topic: Chabad Lag B'Omer Parade Ban  (Read 22190 times)

Offline Satmar Lady

• Non-Elite Member
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chabad Lag B'Omer Parade Ban
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2014, 01:10:07 PM »
It used to not be this way. The 1980's aren't forgotten so fast.
Once again - Yeah, same here... and there are still tape recordings for proof. (You're Belz, right?)

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2014, 01:21:37 PM »
Correct

Offline Satmar Lady

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2014, 01:39:23 PM »
Correct
So were talking about machlokes which were caused by very personal attacks and then disproportionate retaliation. Both were wrong IMO, but neither of them more wrong than the other. This has nothing to do with being anti anyone just because their view is different than ours. The Satmar Rebbe zt"l kept close ties with many gedolim that held different opinions but had as much kavod hatorah and kavod zekeinim to respect his view for the great talmid chacham and Torah leader that he was.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2014, 01:52:39 PM »
And the root to it all was one side trying to impose its worldview on the rest of Torah Jewry. Let's not lose the forest for the trees.
And this was the point I wanted to make in the first place.
Chabad might have tried certain things, but in its history it never used coercion by intimidation.
Yes, Satmar has changed a lot in recent years. Mostly IMHO  due to circumstances of internal strife and loss of power over events in Torah Jewry in America due to loss in public opinion rather than any change in shita.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 01:56:31 PM by Moshe123 »

Offline Satmar Lady

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2014, 02:41:39 PM »
And the root to it all was one side trying to impose its worldview on the rest of Torah Jewry. Let's not lose the forest for the trees.
And this was the point I wanted to make in the first place.
Chabad might have tried certain things, but in its history it never used coercion by intimidation.
Yes, Satmar has changed a lot in recent years. Mostly IMHO  due to circumstances of internal strife and loss of power over events in Torah Jewry in America due to loss in public opinion rather than any change in shita.
Alright, this is not going the way I intended it to. I was very careful to stay away from blaming one side only, and to take the blame for what we are responsible. Doesn't seem like you are planning to do so. Let's just say that there are 2 sides to what you are mentioning above but I am keeping mine to myself.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 03:19:56 PM by Satmar Lady »

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2014, 06:13:02 PM »
It was beautiful as usual. Nobody was trying to influence anyone. I've taken my kids for several years & they still don't even know that it's done by Lubavitch. R' Ginzberg does an amazing job every year. & yes, there were plenty of satmarers there.

Offline A European

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2014, 06:17:05 PM »
Well said!

Satmar unfortunately had their bad experience with chabad when one of their teachers was caught influencing his students to join chabad. They respect chabad very much, but they have a right to shelter their young children from leaving their Mesorah.

That's a lie!
The magid shiur (harav Vechter) did not  convinced no one to join chabad!

They caught him learning chassidus chabad, so they kicked him out of satmer and told his x-talmidim that he is a kofer.....,

but you can't lie just like this to kids/bochurim so they went to Crown Hights to check the place where their beloved teacher "became a kofer" (because they know that it is impossible that such a yrei shomaim when off the way!)

And guess what they found there.......a real kolel! (yes! they were told in satmer that Chabad don't learn and are frei women don't go to the mikve......)

And the rest is history....

P.S. I think that today satmer is not so close minded any more about lubavich but I know 100% that that was the case back then...

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2014, 06:45:16 PM »
That's a lie!

They caught him learning chassidus chabad, so they kicked him out of satmer and told his x-talmidim that he is a kofer.....,

but you can't lie just like this to kids/bochurim so they went to Crown Hights to check the place where their beloved teacher "became a kofer" (because they know that it is impossible that such a yrei shomaim when off the way!)

And guess what they found there.......a real kolel! (yes! they were told in satmer that Chabad don't learn and are frei women don't go to the mikve......)

P.S. I think that today satmer is not so close minded any more about lubavich but I know 100% that that was the case back then...
And I know 100% that that was NOT the case.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline A European

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2014, 06:47:55 PM »
And I know 100% that that was NOT the case.
I have some very close friends from this community (x-satmer now lubavich) so I know the story pretty well.

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Re: Chabad Lag B'Omer Parade
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2014, 10:32:56 PM »
This is nothing to do with hate.
There are very strong hashkafik disagreements between many sects and chabad. (-really?!  ;) ) For whatever reason, Chabad always had an interest in selling/trying to influence others to their derech and hashkafa. -Arguably this is what the parade idea was all about.- Satmar and others are entitled to raise their kids al pi their derech without the kids having undue influence from other mehalchim. When I was growing up, we were also warned very strongly not to go near the chabad parades which were designed to entertain and entice kids....

Not trying to start a chabad bashing fest, I just don't think that satmar is so out of line here at all.
f*** you
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2014, 10:37:23 PM »
f*** you
Let's not turn this into a CBC bashing fest :P

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2014, 10:59:17 PM »
I love CBC as much as I love any other yid, especially a DDFer, but this poster has repeatedly proven himself to be nothing more than a DDFer; a baby churner and a Chabad hater.

Whenever the Chabad topic comes up He's the first to jump and post something negative. This is just annoying.

I grew up with the assumption that the satmars are saving the world from the the Chabad epidemic, I didn't realize we have serious competition in Lakewood.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2014, 11:02:43 PM »
That's a lie!

I'm not going to add more than that what YOU just said is a lie.
Good night chabad, litvaks and satmar. see you tomorrow

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2014, 11:47:31 PM »
I don't think Lubavitch does much to mingle with other Yidden either (and yes, they do it in a much quiter way which I find commendable). Their attendance at multi-community events which are not organized by them and them alone is, I think, even less than that of Satmar.

This is what Lubavitch and Satmar have most in common with each other and why they continue to be the two biggest "brand names" in Yiddishkeit.

As they say, don't dilute your brand.

Offline Dr Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2014, 12:17:08 AM »
This is what Lubavitch and Satmar have most in common with each other and why they continue to be the two biggest "brand names" in Yiddishkeit.

As they say, don't dilute your brand.
I suppose if I'm litvish then I'm an "off brand"?
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2014, 04:56:59 PM »
I love CBC as much as I love any other yid, especially a DDFer, but this poster has repeatedly proven himself to be nothing more than a DDFer; a baby churner and a Chabad hater.

Whenever the Chabad topic comes up He's the first to jump and post something negative. This is just annoying.

I grew up with the assumption that the satmars are saving the world from the the Chabad epidemic, I didn't realize we have serious competition in Lakewood.
OK... Not doing this all over again. Peace out and good Shabbos!
:)

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2014, 06:13:14 PM »
I suppose if I'm litvish then I'm an "off brand"?

Yes, like Kirkland.

Offline zale

• View Profile
Re: Chabad Lag B'Omer Parade
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2014, 12:07:44 PM »
Well said!

Satmar unfortunately had their bad experience with chabad when one of their teachers was caught influencing his students to join chabad. They respect chabad very much, but they have a right to shelter their young children from leaving their Mesorah.

I don't want to start a fight here but attempts to influence children from another sect to join your ranks is nothing better than a missionary.

Nobody was influencing Satmar students to join Chabad. They were teaching them Chabad Chassidus, something which does not impede with their Mesorah.

As for Satmar, they slit the throat of this teacher and left him naked on the side of a highway to die. Another teacher was beaten and had his beard cut off. (For the record, one of the guys involved in the beard-cutting is now serving a 70 year sentence for molesting young girls.)

But Chabad are the bad guys here, right?

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile

Offline MarkS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2014, 12:29:36 PM »
Granted this was at the CH parade and not BP, but I did find the waking up in the grave part a drop strange.