Author Topic: CO/UA Program Changes...Programs Will Allign 01/01/12  (Read 14334 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
CO/UA Program Changes...Programs Will Allign 01/01/12
« on: November 16, 2010, 03:05:18 PM »
Quote from: CO Insider
Hi Everyone, I’m pleased to share the following details about our OnePass program changes for 2011.  Let the “I told you so’s” begin…

Effective Jan. 1, 2011

• System-wide Upgrades:  Elite members earning 100,000 Elite Qualification Miles (EQMs) or 120 Elite Qualification Points (EQPs) will earn six one-way, System-wide Upgrades. Two additional System-wide Upgrades will be issued every 50,000 EQMs or 60 EQPs earned thereafter. These upgrades are eligible for all fares except S, T, K, L and G in all BusinessFirst markets. 

[INDENT]Worth noting: Newly earned SWUs in 2011 will become available mid-year (we’ll try to get as close as possible to the true “mid” this time).  SWUs earned in 2010 will continue to have no fare class restrictions, however they’ll remain valid only on flights operated by Continental for now.  The ability to use these on United-operated flights is a priority for us, and we look forward to introducing that capability in the coming year.   

While we’ll be excluding our lowest five fare classes in BusinessFirst markets, we will be offering six instead of four to qualifying members, and an opportunity to earn even more.  In addition, we’ll be introducing…[/INDENT]

• Regional Upgrades: As a new benefit, Elite members will earn two Regional Upgrades after completing 75,000 EQMs or 90 EQPs. Two additional Regional Upgrades will be issued for every additional 25,000 EQMs or 30 EQPs. Regional Upgrades, valid for upgrades to First Class, can be confirmed as early as the time of booking. 

[INDENT]Worth noting: Like the SWUs, the new RUs are planned to become available mid-2011.  These upgrades will be valid in all the same travel areas that we offer complimentary Elite upgrades, and they’ll be valid with all published fares.  Enjoy![/INDENT]

• Presidential Platinum: Current and ongoing qualifiers of Presidential Platinum Elite will receive all benefits and services associated with the program through Jan. 31, 2012. The United Global Services(SM) program will replace the Presidential Platinum Elite program in 2012 and will be open to OnePass members.    Top revenue qualifiers will be invited to Global Services in late 2011.

[INDENT]Worth noting: Due to recent changes in banking regulations, we are no longer able to offer the fee-waived Presidential Plus credit card offer for U.S. residents.  The corresponding 25K bonus for offshore members will also be discontinued in 2011.  Also, unlike 2010, earnings in 2011 will additionally factor in United spend.  In correlation with this change, online revenue tracking will no longer be offered.[/INDENT] 

• The OnePass Elite program year will now be valid for thirteen months, beginning Jan. 1 and continue through Jan. 31 of the following year (instead of continuing through Feb.).
Effective 2012

• Elite members earning 100,000 EQMs or 120 Elite Qualification Points (EQPs) or more during 2011 will have upgrade priority over lower-earning members.
[/INDENT] 

While OnePass and Mileage Plus will continue to operate separately in 2011, we’re on track to provide you with a single world-class frequent flyer program by January 1, 2012.  There’s more to come, I can promise you that!  For more details and updates, be sure to check out continental.com/merger

Thanks as always for your valuable feedback and loyalty.

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline moe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: CO/UA Program Changes...Programs Will Allign 01/01/12
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 03:18:55 PM »
any info on star net block?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 03:22:42 PM »
any info on star net block?
Nope.

But any EQMs earned in 2011 in UA or CO will combine for 2012 status.

I hate that elite status expires in January though.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 04:58:58 PM »
2010 CO SWU's ought to be worth a pretty penny.
2011, not so much.

Offline horrypatter

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 11:48:16 PM »

I apologize in advance if this was asked before, but do you know if this means the continental onepass card will still be offered by chase? for how long?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 12:32:42 AM »
I apologize in advance if this was asked before, but do you know if this means the continental onepass card will still be offered by chase? for how long?
There's no end date that I've seen yet...get it while you still can.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 10:05:54 AM »
More info.
I asked the insider about Starnet blocking and he said that (along with the future of economy plus and other other hot-topic issues like upgrade regions) is still undecided.

The big news, at some point next year you will be able to link your CO and UA accounts and be able to transfer redeemable miles back and forth!!!

"the ability to link your OnePass and Mileage Plus accounts, including the ability to transfer redeemable mileage (RDMs) is coming. It’s a priority for us, and we’re aiming to roll it out in the coming year."

Also regional upgrades will be good on any non-BF route worldwide.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 10:09:12 AM by Dan »

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 10:46:28 AM »
Also, as widely reported, the change to the CR1s (Confirmed regional upgrades) will only come into effect in 2012. Next year both rules will apply, meaning 1Ks can still earn 2 per quarter (flying 10,000 miles) and flying 75,000 miles will get you 2 and then each additional 25,000 another 2. So a 1K flying 100,000 miles can earn 12 CR1s.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 10:55:46 AM »
Also, as widely reported, the change to the CR1s (Confirmed regional upgrades) will only come into effect in 2012. Next year both rules will apply, meaning 1Ks can still earn 2 per quarter (flying 10,000 miles) and flying 75,000 miles will get you 2 and then each additional 25,000 another 2. So a 1K flying 100,000 miles can earn 12 CR1s.
Do we actually have any 1Ks on the forum?

Offline aussiebochur

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 11:05:44 AM »
Of course not, United doesn't match to 1K ;)
Although, I don't know how "on the forums" he is currently, but there is a guy who flies around in circles every year to reach 1K...

Offline YOSEF

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 12:09:56 PM »
Do we actually have any 1Ks on the forum?
Of course not, United doesn't match to 1K ;)
Although, I don't know how "on the forums" he is currently, but there is a guy who flies around in circles every year to reach 1K...
Steve2??

Offline aussiebochur

• View Profile
CO Changing SWU terms to Match United
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 07:38:54 AM »
Last year CO introduced SWU's for those who flew 100k.
Although only 4, they were valid on any fare.
Now, CO is changing the terms to match that of United. All those who fly 100k will receive 6 SWU's but they are not valid on S,T,K,L and G fares.

-1 on the changes "I think you'll like"...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline aussiebochur

• View Profile
Re: CO Changing SWU terms to Match United
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 09:47:02 AM »
Wasn't mentioned here yet, what's your thoughts on the change? What's better, 4 with no restrictions or 6 (+2 for every 50k) with the restrictions?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: CO Changing SWU terms to Match United
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 09:50:12 AM »
I'd estimate an unrestricted SWU is worth $450-$750 and a restricted SWU about $200-$400.

You also get CR-1s now which have no fare restrictions and could theoretically be used from Newark to Japan or Aussie :)

Doesn't really apply much here as not too many of us fly 100K+ EQMs.
Although if any big spenders have the PP card I guess it's feasible.  Would take about $500k spending/year though.
Or you can always buy EQMs, I think 1 RDM+ 1 EQM is about 8 cpm now?  Wouldn't be worth it for SWU+CR1s alone unless you're close.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 09:54:01 AM by Dan »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 09:55:37 AM »
Wasn't mentioned here yet
Merged :)
Knew I posted it!

Offline aussiebochur

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 11:23:07 AM »
I'd estimate an unrestricted SWU is worth $450-$750 and a restricted SWU about $200-$400.

You also get CR-1s now which have no fare restrictions and could theoretically be used from Newark to Japan or Aussie :)

Doesn't really apply much here as not too many of us fly 100K+ EQMs.
Although if any big spenders have the PP card I guess it's feasible.  Would take about $500k spending/year though.
Or you can always buy EQMs, I think 1 RDM+ 1 EQM is about 8 cpm now?  Wouldn't be worth it for SWU+CR1s alone unless you're close.
How can a CR-1 theoretically get you to Japan or Aussie?

Offline aussiebochur

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 11:24:10 AM »
Merged :)
Knew I posted it!
Right you are. Missed the part about the restrictions earlier.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 11:31:21 AM »
How can a CR-1 theoretically get you to Japan or Aussie?
EWR-LAX-HNL-MAJ-KWA-KSA-PNI-TKK-GUM-CNS or NRT.
http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=EWR-LAX-HNL-MAJ-KWA-KSA-PNI-TKK-GUM-CNS
All in F for the cost of a measly CR-1, or you can always try for the free EUA.

Anyone up for it? CO Island hopper DO!

Offline aussiebochur

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 11:37:07 AM »
EWR-LAX-HNL-MAJ-KWA-KSA-PNI-TKK-GUM-CNS or NRT.
http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=EWR-LAX-HNL-MAJ-KWA-KSA-PNI-TKK-GUM-CNS
All in F for the cost of a measly CR-1, or you can always try for the free EUA.

Anyone up for it? CO Island hopper DO!
So the difference between CR-1's and SWU is wheather the plane is marketed as BF?