Topic Wiki

I believe our (dis)honorable POTUS deserves to be sticking on top...

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump inactive

Author Topic: The Funny/strange/interesting/random Tweets Thread  (Read 533892 times)

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: The Funny/strange/interesting/random Tweets Thread
« Reply #1660 on: July 01, 2021, 07:59:31 AM »
Thread starting with

https://twitter.com/MarcusBlimi/status/1402620053716189184

She’s so right, brave of her to speak out.

@Dan should consider including this in an upcoming news roundup
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #1661 on: July 01, 2021, 08:17:03 AM »
She’s so right, brave of her to speak out.

@Dan should consider including this in an upcoming news roundup

She single handedly convinced many families to vaccinate during the measles outbreak, but unfortunately since covid she's gone the twitter route and decided on outrage instead of education.

I wrote a thread about this a while back when she got into one of her fights.

https://twitter.com/Squilled/status/1358958945713479687

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: July 01, 2021, 08:52:54 AM »
She single handedly convinced many families to vaccinate during the measles outbreak, but unfortunately since covid she's gone the twitter route and decided on outrage instead of education.

I wrote a thread about this a while back when she got into one of her fights.

https://twitter.com/Squilled/status/1358958945713479687

You’re clearly more familiar with the situation than me, but simply based on that one thread it sounds to me like she’s frustrated with being alone in the fight, and how the community as a whole and their leadership isn’t doing enough and leaving it all to loners like her. I’d be frustrated too.

If she’s right and the leadership is sitting idle, then COVID didn’t break her, their inaction did.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #1663 on: July 01, 2021, 09:03:34 AM »
You’re clearly more familiar with the situation than me, but simply based on that one thread it sounds to me like she’s frustrated with being alone in the fight, and how the community as a whole and their leadership isn’t doing enough and leaving it all to loners like her. I’d be frustrated too.

If she’s right and the leadership is sitting idle, then COVID didn’t break her, their inaction did.

She's complaining that a pr firm is working on pr instead of public health

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1664 on: July 01, 2021, 09:06:07 AM »

Adding to this, I don't think it helps that the frum PR she's frustrated with also chooses to wage their battles on Twitter. I think OJPAC is very important, but they have a tendency to combat spun data with their own spun data.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1665 on: July 01, 2021, 09:07:59 AM »
She's complaining that a pr firm is working on pr instead of public health

Is Agudah supposed to be a PR firm? I think her issue is that these organizations are supposed to be there for the community, with PR being just one of their departments. Her frustration seems to stem from PR being the only focus.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #1666 on: July 01, 2021, 09:37:10 AM »
Is Agudah supposed to be a PR firm? I think her issue is that these organizations are supposed to be there for the community, with PR being just one of their departments. Her frustration seems to stem from PR being the only focus.

I was referring to OJPAC, for which you can read my thoughts on them (him?) by searching "chilul Hashem" by user:Yehuda57

I'm not so well versed with Agudah's goals, but a major part of it is PR and advocacy, and clearly the group she was joined to was a PR one.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: July 01, 2021, 09:43:01 AM »
I was referring to OJPAC, for which you can read my thoughts on them (him?) by searching "chilul Hashem" by user:Yehuda57

I'm not so well versed with Agudah's goals, but a major part of it is PR and advocacy, and clearly the group she was joined to was a PR one.

PR is not just the spin you put on the existing facts. It's also about guiding the people you're representing to present the best public face. A good PR firm will spin the story, while also telling their client to make sure they are seen doing XYZ to combat or change the narrative, especially when there's truth to the story they are trying to spin. If I was in her position, I'd be frustrated that all PR efforts were focused on spinning the existing narrative instead of simultaneously trying to change the realities which caused that narrative.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #1668 on: July 01, 2021, 10:46:23 AM »
BTW, I don't disagree with much of what she says. But you can't take this thread in a vacuum. For more than a year she has been a "Twitter activist" and has not shown any kind of effort to educate or improve public health in the community beyond shouting and screaming about how evil Agudah and "the leadership" are.

I've written ad nauseam about why Covid created such strong mistrust of public health officials. They have done nothing, NOTHING, to educate the frum communities and to undo the damage they caused. When I listen to Yankee games I hear ads featuring black doctors saying "we know you don't trust public health because they don't treat people of color properly. etc etc, but trust us, we're black, we're doctors, the vaccine is safe etc." Where is that campaign for frum people? Where are the NYS-funded WhatsApp voice notes from doctors and rabonim saying "yeah, we know Cuomo screwed up. We know their Covid rules were unfair. But the vaccine is safe, it's effective, we took it, we're giving it to our children, and we encourage you to get vaccinated"?

Instead of holding people with actual power accountable, people like her just shout into the wind on Twitter, where about .2% of the people she is trying to reach (in theory) will hear her anyway. It's especially annoying with her because she WAS successful previously, and actually did the work that no "leadership" could have done if they wanted to.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: July 01, 2021, 10:52:06 AM »
BTW, I don't disagree with much of what she says. But you can't take this thread in a vacuum. For more than a year she has been a "Twitter activist" and has not shown any kind of effort to educate or improve public health in the community beyond shouting and screaming about how evil Agudah and "the leadership" are.

I've written ad nauseam about why Covid created such strong mistrust of public health officials. They have done nothing, NOTHING, to educate the frum communities and to undo the damage they caused. When I listen to Yankee games I hear ads featuring black doctors saying "we know you don't trust public health because they don't treat people of color properly. etc etc, but trust us, we're black, we're doctors, the vaccine is safe etc." Where is that campaign for frum people? Where are the NYS-funded WhatsApp voice notes from doctors and rabonim saying "yeah, we know Cuomo screwed up. We know their Covid rules were unfair. But the vaccine is safe, it's effective, we took it, we're giving it to our children, and we encourage you to get vaccinated"?

Instead of holding people with actual power accountable, people like her just shout into the wind on Twitter, where about .2% of the people she is trying to reach (in theory) will hear her anyway. It's especially annoying with her because she WAS successful previously, and actually did the work that no "leadership" could have done if they wanted to.

I don't know what she's done off of Twitter, so I can't speak to that. Regarding the campaigns you want, I don't think they'll be effective. Our distrust in the medical establishment isn't because we're Jewish and they aren't. The medical voices in our own communities have been marginalized. Look at the public hate and mistrust directed at Dr. Glatt or the Gedaliah Society. That's without any social media grandstanding.

Offline Randomex

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
« Reply #1670 on: July 01, 2021, 10:54:46 AM »
Where is that campaign for frum people?

It might be in print ads.

Look at the public hate and mistrust directed at Dr. Glatt or the Gedaliah Society.

Should I have heard of him/them?
Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: July 01, 2021, 10:57:40 AM »

If you haven't, then they likely aren't relevant to you. They're both google-able.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1672 on: July 01, 2021, 11:03:09 AM »

Such ads exist in Lakewood publications.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online aygart

• View Profile

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: July 01, 2021, 11:05:38 AM »
PR is not just the spin you put on the existing facts. It's also about guiding the people you're representing to present the best public face. A good PR firm will spin the story, while also telling their client to make sure they are seen doing XYZ to combat or change the narrative, especially when there's truth to the story they are trying to spin. If I was in her position, I'd be frustrated that all PR efforts were focused on spinning the existing narrative instead of simultaneously trying to change the realities which caused that narrative.

Who are the clients they represent who will listen to their advice?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: July 01, 2021, 11:13:41 AM »
Who are the clients they represent who will listen to their advice?

Who they purport to represent? I'd assume the communities of the Rabbonim and askonim who are among their members, or at least signatories.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: July 01, 2021, 11:20:06 AM »
Who they purport to represent? I'd assume the communities of the Rabbonim and askonim who are among their members, or at least signatories.
They OJPAC definitely purports to represent anyone and everyone they can whether that person heard of them or not.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: July 01, 2021, 11:27:02 AM »
They OJPAC definitely purports to represent anyone and everyone they can whether that person heard of them or not.

Yea... like I said, what they do is necessary, but I vehemently disagree with how they do it. I was referring to Agudah in that post.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: July 01, 2021, 11:30:53 AM »
I don't know what she's done off of Twitter, so I can't speak to that. Regarding the campaigns you want, I don't think they'll be effective. Our distrust in the medical establishment isn't because we're Jewish and they aren't. The medical voices in our own communities have been marginalized. Look at the public hate and mistrust directed at Dr. Glatt or the Gedaliah Society. That's without any social media grandstanding.

So @Yehuda57 might be right and she’s burnt out, COVID ruined her public service work. But that doesn’t mean what she’s saying isn’t true.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: July 01, 2021, 11:33:38 AM »
It might be in print ads.

The NYC H+H (or whatever NYC/NYS government agency) print ads in Yiddish are a joke, even the Yiddish grammar is off.

If you’re following the Frum community’s public health/medical leadership response to COVID, then yes.