Author Topic: What would you do? Amazon Seller Dispute  (Read 8458 times)

Offline EP123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: What would you do? Amazon Seller Dispute
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2014, 01:47:02 PM »
I dont think a Rov has anything do with this. If anything let them go to a Rov. I went into a contract for the sale of a few items, they accepted and "shipped" it, but only actually shipped one of them. They should ask a Rov if they are allowed to be dishonest.

I will email them one more time, notifying that I will be contacting Amazon and leaving bad feedback.

Offline Centro

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2014, 01:48:33 PM »
Aha, so you mean a Rov can override Amazon's T&C? If Amazon says they need to issue a refund, a Rov can say they don't?

My point was, if Amazon has clear T&C on this matter, since the seller and buyer both agreed to be bound by those T&C, Halacha defers to those T&C. Find me an instance where that is not the case.

If there were no Amazon T&C, or if an Amazon Rep says there is no clear terms, I would concur with you about asking a Rov.
?? חושן משפט סימן ?? סעיף

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2014, 01:52:18 PM »
?? חושן משפט סימן ?? סעיף

I stated to find an instance where that is not the case. First find me that instance. We'll talk from there.

Online shmebeble

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2014, 02:02:51 PM »
I dont think a Rov has anything do with this. If anything let them go to a Rov. I went into a contract for the sale of a few items, they accepted and "shipped" it, but only actually shipped one of them. They should ask a Rov if they are allowed to be dishonest.

I will email them one more time, notifying that I will be contacting Amazon and leaving bad feedback.
-1. You are dishonest. You knew you were taking advantage of them and did just that! Even if you keep it, Hashem has a way of giving people what they deserve. Good Shabbos

Offline Centro

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2014, 02:04:05 PM »
I stated to find an instance where that is not the case. First find me that instance. We'll talk from there.
I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about but,

1. When someone has a money issue he can't do whatever he wants just because he "strongly believes" that this is what the halucha should be, he must ask a shiela from a person knowing חושן משפט.

2. A person who gets on someone else's mistake and he starts riding on it cause he has the ability to do so and will suck out everything he could no matter what it'll cost the other person is in my eyes a bad and evil guy!

This isn't a public company worth a couple Billion dollars whom you're fighting with, it's a guy trying to earn some money on his job.

Offline mendeld

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2014, 02:08:06 PM »
Halacha is Halacha no matter what anyone stated and when anyone wants to talk.

You knew that the seller made a mistake with the price and you nevertheless took advantage of it thereby causing him a financial loss. You know now that the seller is a Yid. You knew that you wouldn't be able to return it once you opened it.

Amazon rules do not have a hechsher from a Rov and 'may' or 'may not' be the deciding factor with a Rov. Are you permitted to do that according to Halacha and if not, what do you need to do to rectify it?

With all due respect to my fellow DDF'ers, this is not a question for DDF but a question for a Rov. Your or mine 'Common sense' is not Halacha.

Offline mendeld

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2014, 02:19:32 PM »

'DISHONEST'????? Not sure who is dishonest in this situation. You should reconsider. I doubt a Rov would agree with your plan of action.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2014, 02:26:41 PM »
-1. You are dishonest. You knew you were taking advantage of them and did just that! Even if you keep it, Hashem has a way of giving people what they deserve. Good Shabbos
There are regularly items on Amazon going for well below half of their retail prices that are not mistakes. The recourse is to cancel the order. When someone buys an item that looks like a price mistake they should do so assuming that it will be canceled but will place the order in case it if a clearance or the like. There is no excuse for the seller to bill for higher than the sake price if what he shipped.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline mendeld

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2014, 02:30:48 PM »
There are regularly items on Amazon going for well below half of their retail prices that are not mistakes. The recourse is to cancel the order. When someone buys an item that looks like a price mistake they should do so assuming that it will be canceled but will place the order in case it if a clearance or the like. There is no excuse for the seller to bill for higher than the sake price if what he shipped.
He obviously shipped that one before he realized the price mistake.

Offline Lou Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2014, 02:33:08 PM »

Why did you not ask your rov yet?

If you're right, then he'll say so, and you act accordingly.

If you're wrong, well then, accept it and move on.
Always use an Amex, you'll thank me one day.

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2014, 02:34:57 PM »
He obviously shipped that one before he realized the price mistake.
No.  He wrote that he shipped all of them.  But he shipped only 1.  So he sent 1 knowing of the price mistake.  Instead of cancelling the whole thing, he wants to keep all the money for 1 of them.  That would be like selling it at full price.  But EP123 only bought it because it was such a good buy. He didn't agree to buy it at full price.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline mendeld

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2014, 02:38:47 PM »
No.  He wrote that he shipped all of them.  But he shipped only 1.  So he sent 1 knowing of the price mistake.  Instead of cancelling the whole thing, he wants to keep all the money for 1 of them.  That would be like selling it at full price.  But EP123 only bought it because it was such a good buy. He didn't agree to buy it at full price.
It was obviously a mistake. EP123 wrote in the initial post: "I found an item on Amazon (3rd party seller) which was obviously a price mistake ...".

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2014, 02:42:29 PM »
It was obviously a mistake. EP123 wrote in the initial post: "I found an item on Amazon (3rd party seller) which was obviously a price mistake ...".
There are so many things on Amazon and ebay that have a price not in line with everyone else.  I always worry it's defective merchandise, but that doesn't stop me from buying it.  Maybe it is a price mistake sometimes.  Then they should cancel the order.  Not lie about shipping and keep his money to cover their costs.
Once they shipped, or claimed to, they accepted his money on the terms that he paid it.  $150 each.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline mendeld

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2014, 02:45:38 PM »
I understand that the business is Jewish, but they are in the end just that, a Business. If they don't keep up to their word then you do what you need to do. Im sorry that I might hurt a fellow Jew, but that is the game they play when going into the business world. You win some, you lose some. Its part of running a business.
Not the Torah view! I suggest you discuss with your Rov/Mashgiach/Mashpia/Rosh Yeshiva. I doubt they would agree with you, especially in this situation.

Online shmebeble

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2014, 03:05:32 PM »
There are so many things on Amazon and ebay that have a price not in line with everyone else.  I always worry it's defective merchandise, but that doesn't stop me from buying it.  Maybe it is a price mistake sometimes.  Then they should cancel the order.  Not lie about shipping and keep his money to cover their costs.
Once they shipped, or claimed to, they accepted his money on the terms that he paid it.  $150 each.
Their wrongdoing does not make your (or his action in this case) right. Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts make a right. Come on

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2014, 03:21:05 PM »
Not the Torah view! I suggest you discuss with your Rov/Mashgiach/Mashpia/Rosh Yeshiva. I doubt they would agree with you, especially in this situation.
source?
In halacha the sake on Amazon is not a kinyan, neither is his accepting the money. Once he ships it knowing the sale price and the buyer makes a kinyan it is his. Since he knew the mistake before shipping it is not taos. Nothing gives the seller the right to the extra 300. The buyer was admittedly taking advantage of the situation, but the seller outright stole the 300.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2014, 03:30:20 PM »
source?
In halacha the sake on Amazon is not a kinyan, neither is his accepting the money. Once he ships it knowing the sale price and the buyer makes a kinyan it is his. Since he knew the mistake before shipping it is not taos. Nothing gives the seller the right to the extra 300. The buyer was admittedly taking advantage of the situation, but the seller outright stole the 300.

Online shmebeble

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2014, 03:43:38 PM »
source?

Legally, the seller is holding money that does not belong to him.
In any case, we do not know when the owner recognized his mistake. We should get him onto the forums to argue his side of the story.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2014, 03:49:36 PM »
Legally, the seller is holding money that does not belong to him.
In any case, we do not know when the owner recognized his mistake. We should get him onto the forums to argue his side of the story.
until seeing any reason to assume otherwise I am assuming that he realized it when he shipped 1 instead of 3. Of course it our possible that he stood not realize the quantity, but it does not seem like it is a mistake of a single one marked as a multi pack so that is unlikely.

Offline doodley

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2014, 03:55:32 PM »
being that they're being jerks about refunding the orders that they didn't deliver  and claiming they're not gonna refund it unless you ship it back which obviously they cant do bec then they would be stealing and you can take em to small claims court or take it up with amazon or the cc company  i wouldn't return it   they made a mistake they could just send you a email apologizing why they wont send out the rest of them but once they're trying to threaten you with the refund you shouldn't give in     they wanna play hardball   play right back             
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 03:59:49 PM by doodley »