Topic Wiki

SNA works as follows:

The stay must be booked out of the account where the SNA is coming from. The account holder will add your name and you will be able to check in [YMMV]. If you want to use SPG Marriott suite upgrade make sure you find someone who has them first and let them make the booking. SPG Marriott suite upgrades can be applied to award stays as well.  One SNA can be applied for One Night, a two night reservation will require two SNA's. Some times SNA's can only be applied by desktop.

Once the Suite upgrade is applied you will NOT be confirmed in the suite right away. 5 days before the stay SPG Marriott will look for the suite. If it is available (at their own discretion, just because it shows available online doesn't mean you will get it) they will give it to you. If not they will continue to search until the day of your stay. If they cannot confirm it by then the suite upgrade will be returned to the account.

SNA can not currently be applied to Purchase Advanced reservations.
There is a workaround see :https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?action=post;quote=2145760;topic=92110.1080;last_msg=2149007
or paste this URL when reservation is open. https://www.marriott.com/reservation/requestSuiteNightAwards.mi

If you want to see what suites will be  available without having a SNA, make a temporary reservation open it under "my trips" and paste  the following in the URL box https://www.marriott.com/reservation/requestSuiteNightAwards.mi

Some members selling SNA's will only let you make a cash booking.
Some members selling SNA's do so for little to nothing and are not really making money, it's done as a giveaway for DDF members and they charge a small fee for the time involved. So when proposing a purchase please provide as follows:

Name of Hotel:
Dates:
Room:
Rate to be booked at (incl. tax and fees):
SNA to applied to Suite type (specify):1) 2) 3)

Suite upgrades Cannot be applied to Ritz-Carlton or Edition hotels

« Last edited by KSMH on November 05, 2019, 05:36:49 PM »

Author Topic: Marriott Suite Upgrade  (Read 73018 times)

Offline CS1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
Re: SPG Suite Upgrade
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2018, 08:03:06 PM »
I'm gonna do everyone a community service and explain how SPG suite upgrades work:

The stay must be booked out of the account where the suite upgrades are coming from. The account holder will add your name and you will be able to check in. If you want to use SPG suite upgrades make sure you find someone who has them first and let them make the booking. SPG suite upgrades can be applied to award stays as well.
Once the Suite upgrade is applied you will NOT be confirmed in the suite right away. 5 days before the stay SPG will look for the suite. If it is available (at their own discretion, just because it shows available online doesn't mean you will get it) they will give it to you. If not they will continue to search until the day of your stay. If they cannot confirm it by then the suite upgrade will be returned to the account

The question is if this amenity will be available for Plat 50 members who hit 50 nights only when including in their Marriott nights in addition to the Starwood nights, as well?

The SPG customer service person seemed to think that it may work for this year, but maybe not be available next year?

She also seemed to think that there will be better amenities for Plat-50-Nights in 2019.
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2018, 08:08:20 PM »
The question is if this amenity will be available for Plat 50 members who hit 50 nights only when including in their Marriott nights in addition to the Starwood nights, as well?

The SPG customer service person seemed to think that it may work for this year, but maybe not be available next year?

She also seemed to think that there will be better amenities for Plat-50-Nights in 2019.
it will be available but you will only get 5. The only way to get 10 is to hit 50 SPG nights by the end of July. If you then hit 75 by the end of the year combined with Marriott you will get 5 more   

This is the only year you can get 15

Offline CS1

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2018, 08:18:38 PM »
it will be available but you will only get 5. The only way to get 10 is to hit 50 SPG nights by the end of July. If you then hit 75 by the end of the year combined with Marriott you will get 5 more   

This is the only year you can get 15

and these SNU are all good until 12/31/2019?
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2018, 08:22:20 PM »
and these SNU are all good until 12/31/2019?
correct

Offline CS1

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2018, 08:30:08 PM »
correct

So if I have only 35 SPG nights right now, then I may be eligible for only 5 sna nights by August 1 from SPG, however if I have another 25 Marriott nights and then earn another 15 SPG nights before Dec 31, then I may be eligible for 15 SNA?   

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2018, 08:33:49 PM »
So if I have only 35 SPG nights right now, then I may be eligible for only 5 sna nights by August 1 from SPG, however if I have another 25 Marriott nights and then earn another 15 SPG nights before Dec 31, then I may be eligible for 15 SNA?
no you must hit 50 SPG nights by the end of July before they combine the programs. Once they merge the programs 50 nights only gets you 5 SNAs and 75 gets you an additional 5

Offline CS1

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2018, 08:46:31 PM »
no you must hit 50 SPG nights by the end of July before they combine the programs. Once they merge the programs 50 nights only gets you 5 SNAs and 75 gets you an additional 5

okay. so no bonus 5 to reach 15 sna if after Aug 1.  Therefore, I will check out some nice out of town Category 2 Marriotts now, since they are cheaper than the comparable SPG in most locations:
https://www.marriott.com/hotel-search.mi?filterApplied=true&filter=false

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2018, 08:57:51 PM »
okay. so no bonus 5 to reach 15 sna if after Aug 1.  Therefore, I will check out some nice out of town Category 2 Marriotts now, since they are cheaper than the comparable SPG in most locations:
https://www.marriott.com/hotel-search.mi?filterApplied=true&filter=false
what are you trying to accomplish?

Offline CS1

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2018, 09:06:34 PM »
what are you trying to accomplish?

if traveling anyway -- it's easier to reach combined 75 nights by Dec 2018 than to reach (more expensive) 50 SPG nights by August 1, 2018.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2018, 09:15:23 PM »
if traveling anyway -- it's easier to reach combined 75 nights by Dec 2018 than to reach (more expensive) 50 SPG nights by August 1, 2018.
makes sense. If you can’t hit 50 by 8/1 no need to force SPG stays.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 24, 2018, 12:29:34 PM »
Just got a new batch! I have 11 altogether that expire 12/31/2019 selling them for $50 each. You only pay if they clear. Read the wiki for details

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2018, 12:08:41 PM »
Just got a new batch! I have 11 altogether that expire 12/31/2019 selling them for $50 each. You only pay if they clear. Read the wiki for details
1 of these expires 12/31/18 if anyone needs it let me know might be willing to give away for free. Most likely will work on Marriott properties as well

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2018, 02:17:52 PM »
1 of these expires 12/31/18 if anyone needs it let me know might be willing to give away for free. Most likely will work on Marriott properties as well
Still available

Offline bades

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 23, 2018, 12:13:23 PM »
giving away SPG suite night awards on paid stays

Offline rkg27

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 23, 2018, 12:27:17 PM »
giving away SPG suite night awards on paid stays

How does this work? would i be able to use it at a ritz hotel?

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2018, 08:02:55 AM »
Still available
closed for now (might reopen in December if this doesn't clear)

Have 13 left valid through the end of 2019 $50 each

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2018, 08:06:33 AM »
How does this work? would i be able to use it at a ritz hotel?
please see the wiki for how these work. They don't seem to work on Ritz-Carltons

Offline knowitall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2018, 02:35:42 PM »
I have 7 available at $30 each.

Offline hamaoui60

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2018, 06:10:14 PM »
closed for now (might reopen in December if this doesn't clear)

Have 13 left valid through the end of 2019 $50 each

Would I be able to use these suite upgrades for award nights? Thanks

Offline bades

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2018, 03:00:24 PM »
giving away suite night upgrades for 2018