Topic Wiki

SNA works as follows:

The stay must be booked out of the account where the SNA is coming from. The account holder will add your name and you will be able to check in [YMMV]. If you want to use SPG Marriott suite upgrade make sure you find someone who has them first and let them make the booking. SPG Marriott suite upgrades can be applied to award stays as well.  One SNA can be applied for One Night, a two night reservation will require two SNA's. Some times SNA's can only be applied by desktop.

Once the Suite upgrade is applied you will NOT be confirmed in the suite right away. 5 days before the stay SPG Marriott will look for the suite. If it is available (at their own discretion, just because it shows available online doesn't mean you will get it) they will give it to you. If not they will continue to search until the day of your stay. If they cannot confirm it by then the suite upgrade will be returned to the account.

SNA can not currently be applied to Purchase Advanced reservations.
There is a workaround see :https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?action=post;quote=2145760;topic=92110.1080;last_msg=2149007
or paste this URL when reservation is open. https://www.marriott.com/reservation/requestSuiteNightAwards.mi

If you want to see what suites will be  available without having a SNA, make a temporary reservation open it under "my trips" and paste  the following in the URL box https://www.marriott.com/reservation/requestSuiteNightAwards.mi

Some members selling SNA's will only let you make a cash booking.
Some members selling SNA's do so for little to nothing and are not really making money, it's done as a giveaway for DDF members and they charge a small fee for the time involved. So when proposing a purchase please provide as follows:

Name of Hotel:
Dates:
Room:
Rate to be booked at (incl. tax and fees):
SNA to applied to Suite type (specify):1) 2) 3)

Suite upgrades Cannot be applied to Ritz-Carlton or Edition hotels

« Last edited by KSMH on November 05, 2019, 05:36:49 PM »

Author Topic: Marriott Suite Upgrade  (Read 72984 times)

Offline 9volt

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: SPG Suite Upgrade
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2018, 12:18:03 AM »
Looking for a suite upgrade for an upcoming stay 3/23 - 3/27. Already have the stay booked. PM me with offers.

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2018, 06:20:11 AM »
I'm gonna do everyone a community service and explain how SPG suite upgrades work:

The stay must be booked out of the account where the suite upgrades are coming from. The account holder will add your name and you will be able to check in. If you want to use SPG suite upgrades make sure you find someone who has them first and let them make the booking. SPG suite upgrades can be applied to award stays as well.

Once the Suite upgrade is applied you will NOT be confirmed in the suite right away. 5 days before the stay SPG will look for the suite. If it is available (at their own discretion, just because it shows available online doesn't mean you will get it) they will give it to you. If not they will continue to search until the day of your stay. If they cannot confirm it by then the suite upgrade will be returned to the account

Someone feel free to add this to the wiki. This will save sellers a lot of time

Offline zagguru

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2018, 08:03:57 AM »
I'm gonna do everyone a community service and explain how SPG suite upgrades work:

The stay must be booked out of the account where the suite upgrades are coming from. The account holder will add your name and you will be able to check in. If you want to use SPG suite upgrades make sure you find someone who has them first and let them make the booking. SPG suite upgrades can be applied to award stays as well.

Once the Suite upgrade is applied you will NOT be confirmed in the suite right away. 5 days before the stay SPG will look for the suite. If it is available (at their own discretion, just because it shows available online doesn't mean you will get it) they will give it to you. If not they will continue to search until the day of your stay. If they cannot confirm it by then the suite upgrade will be returned to the account

Thanks for the write-up.

When booking an award on another member's account, is there any easy way to transfer the points?

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2018, 08:13:23 AM »
Thanks for the write-up.

When booking an award on another member's account, is there any easy way to transfer the points?
small amounts can go through Marriott. Otherwise change the address and wait 30 days

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2018, 08:11:32 PM »
small amounts can go through Marriott. Otherwise change the address and wait 30 days
Can I do a Marriott to Marriott transfer?

Offline hide4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2018, 08:12:49 PM »
Can I do a Marriott to Marriott transfer?
What else do you plan on doing?

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2018, 09:19:13 PM »
What else do you plan on doing?
What do you mean?

Offline hide4

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2018, 12:42:27 AM »
What do you mean?
Idk. Whatever.. Marriott officially let's you transfer upto 50k points a yr to anyone's accounts.

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2018, 03:17:39 AM »
Idk. Whatever.. Marriott officially let's you transfer upto 50k points a yr to anyone's accounts.
Can I do it online or do I need to call them?

Offline hide4

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2018, 04:53:18 AM »
Can I do it online or do I need to call them?
Have to call. (There is a way to transfer more than 50k but it cld be risky).

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2018, 07:56:53 AM »
Have 9 SPG suite upgrades. Giving them away for free on 1 night stays. If the stay is more than 1 night I will charge $50 extra per night if they clear. No charge if they don't clear.

You will also get other platinum benefits such as free breakfast and late checkout

Please read my write up on how these work in the wiki before contacting me.

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2018, 01:15:28 PM »
Have to call. (There is a way to transfer more than 50k but it cld be risky).
Thank you
One last question, does if have to be by 1K or any amount?

Offline hide4

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2018, 01:35:56 PM »
Thank you
One last question, does if have to be by 1K or any amount?
I believe by 1k but not sure.

Offline srepw

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2018, 09:51:40 PM »

Does anyone know if SPG rules allow this? I did this recently. S/O gave me SNU’s for booking from his account. My wife checked in and I pretended to be the account holder throughout the entire stay. Not something I would be happy doing again. Does anyone know if I really had to do this? What SPG rules are?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:55:11 PM by srepw »

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2018, 10:09:08 PM »
Does anyone know if SPG rules allow this? I did this recently. S/O gave me SNU’s for booking from his account. My wife checked in and I pretended to be the account holder throughout the entire stay. Not something I would be happy doing again. Does anyone know if I really had to do this? What SPG rules are?
no it is not officially allowed by SPG

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2018, 09:21:14 AM »
Have 9 SPG suite upgrades. Giving them away for free on 1 night stays. If the stay is more than 1 night I will charge $50 extra per night if they clear. No charge if they don't clear.

You will also get other platinum benefits such as free breakfast and late checkout

7 left

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2018, 12:36:00 PM »

6 left

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2018, 07:22:44 AM »

Thanks all. These are closed for now. Though 4 are still pending for the end of the month and might open up.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2018, 05:17:31 PM »

1 available for free must be used in July, domestic hotels only. Can use on points rooms if they are small enough 

Offline bades

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2018, 11:52:05 AM »
giving away SPG suite upgrades.