Author Topic: Sending photos/creating album  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Mutty

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
Sending photos/creating album
« on: May 29, 2014, 09:25:24 AM »
I haven't seen this anywhere else. If this has been brought up before, please let me know where. We went on a trip and a number of us took pictures. Does anyone know how we can send them to one person - central depository so to speak, accessible, not just to see, for free. Then I want to put it all together in an easy to create album and then send it out to all the people that were on the trip. Any ideas?
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline george

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Sending photos/creating album
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 09:32:05 AM »
Google Drive will allow you to create a folder for the pics and invite each person to edit (add) pics to it as well. Then each of you will have access to the folder containing all the pics.

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 09:39:08 AM »
Google Drive will allow you to create a folder for the pics and invite each person to edit (add) pics to it as well. Then each of you will have access to the folder containing all the pics.

Thanks. I'll look at it now. Do you know of free software that would make a cute album after I combine all the photos?
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 09:45:22 AM »
Thanks. I'll look at it now. Do you know of free software that would make a cute album after I combine all the photos?

i have seen that snapfish has a few new options to customize pictures and make products for free and to print at home. maybe check them out
#TYH

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 09:59:38 AM »
Shutterfly lets you make a collaborative account where everyone could upload pictures, print, download, make books, etc.
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline ChAiM'l

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 10:04:16 AM »

Shutterfly are good for photo sharing and creating albums. The have a free share-site option, where you can grant access only to certain people.

ETA: SF beat me to it.

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 10:09:44 AM »
Shutterfly are good for photo sharing and creating albums. The have a free share-site option, where you can grant access only to certain people.

I'll have to see how much space they give you. We have a lot of photos

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 10:47:18 AM »

The way I would like it to work is that everyone ships their pictures to a cloud server. I go in and get them and download each persons pictures to my computer. Then I work on an album that I send out on the cloud where everyone can pick it up. I don't want outsiders accessing my computer. Can this be done at all with this software? Thanks

Offline ChAiM'l

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 11:40:11 AM »
The way I would like it to work is that everyone ships their pictures to a cloud server. I go in and get them and download each persons pictures to my computer. Then I work on an album that I send out on the cloud where everyone can pick it up. I don't want outsiders accessing my computer. Can this be done at all with this software? Thanks

Yes. Any member could upload an album to the site (everyone will be able to see all pictures). You would then download all the albums, create an album of your choosing and upload it to the site.

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 04:41:22 PM »
Yes. Any member could upload an album to the site (everyone will be able to see all pictures). You would then download all the albums, create an album of your choosing and upload it to the site.
Great! Thanks so much.