Author Topic: Experian....sigh...  (Read 990 times)

Offline Onlyethic

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Experian....sigh...
« on: April 02, 2014, 07:38:00 AM »
I'm trying to apply for a Chase Sapphire preferred but have a credit report freeze on all the bureaus. I got a previous letter from Chase saying I need to thaw with Experian. But, of course, I don't have the pin. Experian's website took me through the pin request form only to tell me it's unable to "honor" my request.

I called, as their website said to do, and was treated to a fembot droning on about writing letters to Experian. Fun.

Does anyone know the best way to get my pin/lift the freeze? They said I need to write them a letter but I'm located abroad and it will take literally weeks and outlandish effort to get that done. Is there not a better way? Help. 

Offline Joe4007

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Experian....sigh...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 10:39:44 AM »
I had the same issue and I finally sorted it out by calling them on the following number, I told them I'm a Protect My ID member - http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=36238.0 - they forwarded me to that department (perhaps you can call them straight) and after verifying my identity, they allowed me to temporarily remove the freeze until they mailed me a PIN. That's just my experience.
877 284 7942

Offline Onlyethic

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 01:27:02 PM »
Thanks Joe4007 will give it a try.

Offline Yehuda25

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 11:18:52 PM »
I had the same issue and I finally sorted it out by calling them on the following number, I told them I'm a Protect My ID member - http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=36238.0 - they forwarded me to that department (perhaps you can call them straight) and after verifying my identity, they allowed me to temporarily remove the freeze until they mailed me a PIN. That's just my experience.
+1 that department is the best, and they pick up right away too !!
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle