Author Topic: Item rang up with wrong price in Best Buy  (Read 2006 times)

Offline AnonymousUser

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Item rang up with wrong price in Best Buy
« on: June 02, 2014, 09:43:05 PM »
I bought an open box item today in Best Buy. The price in the computer was $278, but the price on the sticker was $231.99, so the associate called over a manager to override the price. The total came to around $256, and I paid with $250 in BB GCs and the rest with SPG. When I got home, my wife realized that the receipt says $239.99, instead of $231.99. I know that some stores have a policy that if an item rings up with the wrong price, you get it for free or at a discount. Does anyone know if BB has such a policy?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:49:45 PM by AnonymousUser »

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
Re: Item rang up with wrong price in Best Buy
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 12:08:59 AM »

I bought an open box item today in Best Buy. The price in the computer was $278, but the price on the sticker was $231.99, so the associate called over a manager to override the price. The total came to around $256, and I paid with $250 in BB GCs and the rest with SPG. When I got home, my wife realized that the receipt says $239.99, instead of $231.99. I know that some stores have a policy that if an item rings up with the wrong price, you get it for free or at a discount. Does anyone know if BB has such a policy?
Why not go and try? You'll probably get your best answer that way, as this is not an everyday occurrence.

Offline AnonymousUser

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Item rang up with wrong price in Best Buy
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 10:53:52 PM »
I emailed the BB CEO asking for a discount. I received a response that they're looking into it. Several hours later, I got a phone call from the store (which not that I think about it, I'm not sure how they tracked me down; I never gave them a phone number) offering me a GC for 20%, which I accepted.