Author Topic: Lakewood school bussing next year  (Read 30514 times)

Offline Am

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Lakewood school bussing next year
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2016, 08:11:57 PM »

No you are pathetic. I work out of town and kh have a bunch of little kids and a highly expectant wife.
Not to mention that my other kid is litteraly a half hour drive away the other side of town.
How many kids do you have?

Eta, I'm sure your a great guy. Just don't understand the reality of this issue.
Yes I am a great guy and apparently don't understand the reality.

I see women waiting outside with their kids to see them off to school waiting for the bus for the same amount of time it takes to drive less than two miles.
I understand that in some cases the lack of courtesy bussing is a great inconvenience. I just don't understand why it's become the crisis of the century.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2016, 08:45:24 PM »

I see women waiting outside with their kids to see them off to school waiting for the bus for the same amount of time it takes to drive less than two miles.
I understand that in some cases the lack of courtesy bussing is a great inconvenience. I just don't understand why it's become the crisis of the century.
I guess you never did carpool in Lakewood. If you had then you would know that what you wrote had nothing to do with reality. Also, ask any Rebbe about how the morning goes when there is no busing.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2016, 08:49:57 PM »

But as amazing as you are, you cant see the woman who don't even have the ability to wait with their kids...

Regardless, busing is an absolute necessity for thousands of Lakewood families who have very busy lives and a bunch of kids KH. 

Offline churnbabychurn

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2016, 08:50:49 PM »

Just turn airplane mode on and off. - assuming mobile data.

Offline Am

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2016, 09:57:23 PM »

I guess you never did carpool in Lakewood. If you had then you would know that what you wrote had nothing to do with reality. Also, ask any Rebbe about how the morning goes when there is no busing.
true I haven't done carpool in Lakewood. But I would assume that a large part of the reason why mornings are bad when there's no bussing is because it's not done on a regular basis so parents, schools and the city hasn't learned how to deal with it. I know you can't compare and Lakewood is a different story than out of town but just to bring out this point, take a look at the carpool line at a Lakewood school compared with an out of town school that's twice its size that never had bussing. They've figured out how to make it an efficient streamlined process. On the other hand in Lakewood traffic is backed up for blocks, kids can't find their parents, everyone is honking etc.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2016, 10:05:49 PM »
true I haven't done carpool in Lakewood. But I would assume that a large part of the reason why mornings are bad when there's no bussing is because it's not done on a regular basis so parents, schools and the city hasn't learned how to deal with it. I know you can't compare and Lakewood is a different story than out of town but just to bring out this point, take a look at the carpool line at a Lakewood school compared with an out of town school that's twice its size that never had bussing. They've figured out how to make it an efficient streamlined process. On the other hand in Lakewood traffic is backed up for blocks, kids can't find their parents, everyone is honking etc.
How many OOT schools are even half the size of the Cheder or Orchos Chaim (which are both at the same intersection of Vassar and Oberlin)?

Even drop off is ridiculous.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2016, 12:25:05 AM »
What you say sounds great but in reality you obviously have no idea what goes on
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Am

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2016, 12:58:37 AM »
What you say sounds great but in reality you obviously have no idea what goes on
tell me please, what goes on?

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2016, 01:12:23 AM »
tell me please, what goes on?
You sound like a out of towner. :)

Offline chaimmayer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2016, 08:10:04 AM »
The public schools where I live the parents literally wait in line for 45 minutes for both pickup and drop off.
Sounds crazy but it's the reality.  I don't know why they can't come up with some type of better solution.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2016, 11:36:37 PM »
Where I went to elementary school there was the equivalent of four school busses of space for 400 kids to get picked up. Never had a problem or chaos.
Guess when you live in New York you just figure out how to make it work, because it's the way you live.
Just going to a supermarket has people pulling in and out of parking spots with no issue, and just a few seconds between.
I'm not who you think I am.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2016, 11:41:02 PM »
Where I went to elementary school there was the equivalent of four school busses of space for 400 kids to get picked up. Never had a problem or chaos.
Guess when you live in New York you just figure out how to make it work, because it's the way you live.
and you have an infrastructure built to handle the volume of residents. The Lakewood area does not have adequate infrastructure for the day to day use of its residents as it is now. Adding the strain of carpools will clog it even more.

Offline grodnoking

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2016, 11:43:28 PM »
and you have an infrastructure built to handle the volume of residents. The Lakewood area does not have adequate infrastructure for the day to day use of its residents as it is now. Adding the strain of carpools will clog it even more.
No, there is no infrastructure to make it work! It works because people make it work! Because if people didn't make it work you wouldn't be able to live there. Driving in New York is so many more times "seamless" than Lakewood.
Its the drivers, not the infrastructure.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2016, 11:51:24 PM »
No, there is no infrastructure to make it work! It works because people make it work! Because if people didn't make it work you wouldn't be able to live there. Driving in New York is so many more times "seamless" than Lakewood.
Its the drivers, not the infrastructure.
you are dreaming my friend. In ny you do not have the busiest thoroughfare in the area as narrow as the nine. How many six lane roads were there in the area? How many four lane roads? How big are the shoulders? How straight are they?

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2016, 11:59:39 PM »
Also, what percentage of the surrounding population had car pool at that time?

Either way, 400 kids is a joke. That is not even 2 grades at the Cheder. The corner of Vassar and Oberlin which services the Cheder and Orchos Chaim is well over 3000 kids.

Offline grodnoking

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2016, 12:32:11 AM »
you are dreaming my friend. In ny you do not have the busiest thoroughfare in the area as narrow as the nine. How many six lane roads were there in the area? How many four lane roads? How big are the shoulders? How straight are they?
Metropolitan avenue is 1. Union turnpike merges from 1 to three lanes every couple feet where I am, and yet seems to work.
Yes there are bigger streets, such as the queens blvd and the van wyke, but thats the equivalent of me going on ceaderbridge and the GSP, to get to the other side of (NW) Lakewood

Either way, 400 kids is a joke. That is not even 2 grades at the Cheder. The corner of Vassar and Oberlin which services the Cheder and Orchos Chaim is well over 3000 kids.

As I said 400 kids for a tiny space directly on a public blvd. Comparable to the set up the cheder has, its much more complicated.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2016, 12:49:04 AM »

As I said 400 kids for a tiny space directly on a public blvd. Comparable to the set up the cheder has, its much more complicated.
400 kids is nothing compared to the Cheder that no matter what the situation was you can't compare it to the Cheder and orchas Chaim, one thing is for sure that the entire cedarbridge will be worse than the Monday after the snow storm when there was only one lane
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2016, 01:12:19 AM »

Surely it makes sense that we should spend millions extra a year of public money because the township was too stupid (or simply too corrupt) to forbid building schools with 3,000 kids on the same block.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Dawie

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2016, 09:25:00 AM »
400 kids is nothing compared to the Cheder that no matter what the situation was you can't compare it to the Cheder and orchas Chaim, one thing is for sure that the entire cedarbridge will be worse than the Monday after the snow storm when there was only one lane
first thing they need is a turning light from oberlin left onto NH

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 18, 2016, 10:01:10 AM »
Surely it makes sense that we should spend millions extra a year of public money because the township was too stupid (or simply too corrupt) to forbid building schools with 3,000 kids on the same block.
Oh, so this all boils down to township incompetence?

....because just 1 school with ~2000 kids is similar to 400
....because when the Cheder was on Madison it was better
....because smaller schools on poor infrastructure have no issues

I know, they should be very restrictive on where schools can be built until the woman wearing pants tries to get her daughter into Bais Ruchel and is told that they don't even have enough room for siblings and they can't add a parallel class because their crumbling building is too small and they can't get approval to build anywhere. Then we run to Rechnitz to complain about people being elitists and unaccepting.

They shouldn't have allowed so many houses to be built with inadequate infrastructure-until someone wants to build their 10,000sf house on a quiet 3 property cul-de-sac with an acre of land, but within a 3 min walk of the shul they want, shopping , and a nice amount of friends for each of their kids who all meet their standards. When they can't afford that on the income from MS alone then it is the builders etc. who are robbing everyone blind.

/endrant