Author Topic: Israel War News (3 bochurim kidnapped by terrorist! HYD)  (Read 293617 times)

Offline DovtheBear

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Regus Gold, Hertz 5 Star, National Executive, Sixt Platinum, Chase Debit, Rav Kav Emerald
Re: 3 bochurim kidnapped by terrorist!
« Reply #140 on: June 18, 2014, 10:01:03 AM »
Do you know how many Palestinians are in a position to kill Jews every day?
Please tell me, how many?
"להסתובב זה לא אומר להיות חופשי"

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2014, 10:06:38 AM »
Do you know how many Palestinians are in a position to kill Jews every day?
there are many reasons why even those who may want to wouldn't. Among them fear of reprisal, lack of courage to go ahead and do it even when there is no fear of reprisal, loss of livelihood and more.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline DK23

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2014, 10:10:28 AM »
I think that it is pretty twisted to assume that a country's own military would kidnap some yeshiva boys to make a political statement... That Professor was assuming that was the case based on what he had heard from his "sources".  We don't know who did it, but there is precedent for Hamas to carry out kidnappings in the past, and now that they have some type of impact on the greater Palestinian community by being part of the government, I wouldn't argue the probability that Hamas was behind this, much much more believable and logical to me than the Israeli military or government being behind this as some sort of consipiracy.

Offline MC

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 18, 2014, 10:43:38 AM »
Apparently the professor isn't the only one doubting it: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/wap/Item.aspx?type=0&item=181871
Why do we still belong to the UN?!

Offline A3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 18, 2014, 10:59:35 AM »
There a tehilim gathering at boulders stadium in Pamona Tom night. I believe at 8:30

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #145 on: June 18, 2014, 01:11:13 PM »
יפרח מציל אותנו מהחוטפים בהכתרה..: http://youtu.be/m-7M8TrDOqQ

Purim play scene of Ayal freeing 2 'hostages' who happen to b Gilad & Naftoli.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2014, 01:29:12 PM »
He's 100% right. If it was staright out Hamas Israel would've found him already.

Sure! As they found Gilad Shalit in a matter of minutes after capture because he was held by Hamas.
Come on.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 18, 2014, 01:29:33 PM »
NPR - is like the NY  Times -- need a little more fox news to counter them

I think many feel very strong about exchanging killers for those who are kidnapped -- and maybe  many on Dans think i am wrong --- i think killers do no deserve to live--- I think the only thing hamas etc respect is strength and any weakness they will exploit-- last time they took that young solider --Israel gave up  HUGE NUMBER OF killers --after that what do u expect -- the appetite is now opened --

if they want to be on a hunger strike good let them

go back to the Pan Am the TWA in Athens the the Olympics etc  --talking is a waste of time

the type of people who commit a 911 can never be talked to

America did the same dumb thing --only the American may have been running away from his duty -

with these terrorist talk does not work   

most of the world hates selected countries ( America Israel )and they will not change -- so why worry about what they think
+1

Offline dudi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus
« Reply #148 on: June 18, 2014, 04:18:32 PM »
I just got this email from a pretty reliable source I think i can vouch for him that he is saying the truth.
But again you never know
I just got off the phone with Israel Aharoni.
Contrary to news reports:

1) the boys were not hitchhiking. They were waiting at Tzomet HaGush, which is a bus stop, as well as a hitchhiking spot (I've been there many times - it's where the gas station for Efrat is located).  An Arab asked the boys to help him push his car which had broken down. The last sighting of the boys (by a witness who was at the bustop) was at 10:15 pm of them pushing the Arab's car (which had Israeli license plates) down the road. Presumably the 3 boys  were then ambushed when they got further down the road (this was not witnessed). At 10:20 a 911 call was received, and one of the boys managed to say they'd been kidnapped.  The 911 operator notified his immediate supervisor ( a young, low level police officer), who made the decision it was probably a prank call. one hour later, they sent an army patrol to Tzomet HaGush to investigate, but found nothing (stupid, because if anyone had been kidnapped an hour earlier they would be long gone).

At 3 am the parents of the boys called their local police station, and again at 4 am, and then at 5 am the army was notified, but the army commander didn't receive the information for another hour so no action to search for the boys was taken by the army  until 6 am.  8 hours wasted.  If they had acted immediately, at 10:20, they could have immediately set up road blocks all over the area and stopped the kidnappers vehicle.

2) They know who the two kidnappers are.  They were among the prisoners that were released in the Shalit trade.  They identified them by process of elimination, because out of all the known terrorists they alone are missing from their homes, and had told their employers ahead of time that they wouldn't be into work for a few days. They are from villages near Hebron, which is why the search is focusing there.

The burned out car has been found.  The kidnappers burned it in the hopes of destroying any DNA connecting them to the crime, but apparently you can't destroy the DNA by burning the car.

In Israel Aharoni's view, the main problem is with the chief of police and the minister of police.  He says when he was a soldier many years ago and stationed on the border, they were instructed never to make their own decisions.  If they saw someone being kidnapped, or any other dangerous situation, they had the phone numbers of the highest commander to immediately call. So the fault in this instance is not with the young, inexperienced, low level police person, but in how they were trained.  They should have been instructed to immediately report to a high level, seasoned commander any such phone call.

Very sad.  I think that they have to stop releasing terrorists in exchange for Israelis, because it creates an incredible incentive for further kidnappings.  Israel Aharoni thinks that the terrorists made a mistake - that they didn't know they were kidnapping minors - there are many chesder yeshivot in the area, and they thought they were kidnapping soldiers.  And he thinks it was very stupid to kidnap 3 - because psychologically it has a much bigger impact on how it's perceived by Israelis, and the world. It is in fact a war crime to kidnap children.

Please G-d they will be found soon.
ETA: seems to be that this is the truth
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 04:36:54 PM by dudi »

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2014, 04:29:45 PM »
You really think all of them wanna kill us?
Wow, amazing!

I'm with PG on this, I do not think all muslims are terrorists. 
ok with 2 billion Muslims in the world , I admit that not all 2 billion are out to kill -- I do believe that the silence in the "good" Muslim population on the the savagery  says a great deal plus I READ HOW -- "HE WAS A NICE QUIET BOY ALWAYS POLITE ETC." and they are speaking of someone who went to a place that brain washed him to become a terrorist  -

remember Hitler he too had the charisma to bring out the hate in ordinary Germans that became infectious!!  50 MILLION PEOPLE  died in that war because of him   
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/6996#.U6HzsflkQfU

Offline EP123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2014, 05:21:06 PM »
With Israel re-arresting released prisoners from the previous exchange, I think this is a great idea.

A prisoner exchange at the end of a war is usually "I will give you your guys if you give me my guys". But with the Arabs they kidnap in order to free prisoners who were arrested and processed thru the judicial system, they committed crimes. The arabs claim that those "crimes" (like killing people) are just political crimes. So the prisoner exchange makes sense to them.

What Israel is doing now is sending a message that: we freed these criminals in exchange for freeing an Israeli, but now that you have an Israeli captured again, so we now go and re-arrest all the freed criminals. They broke their end of the deal so we break ours.

It would make it useless to keep kidnapping Israelis because they will just re-arrest all formerly released prisoners and they are back at square one.. This is a brilliant idea, whoever thought this up kudos to them

Offline plainbachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
3 bochurim kidnapped by terrorist!
« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2014, 05:27:46 PM »

New song by S.Y. Rechnitz

Offline whYME

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile

Offline kracked dude

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 18, 2014, 05:30:21 PM »

Offline Moshe123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2014, 05:57:14 PM »
Except that 90% of the released are in Gaza.

Offline Nitantnel

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2014, 06:32:10 PM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/6996#.U6HzsflkQfU

The truth is that he was telling me this exact idea regarding ISIS in Iraq. He claims that they are successful because all the Sunnis--the majority of Iraq--are pissed that the Shiites took all the power, ISIS represents all of them he says.

OTOH, and to play devils advocate, are you happy when a Palestinian dies? I'd venture to say that you are.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2014, 06:38:51 PM »
The truth is that he was telling me this exact idea regarding ISIS in Iraq. He claims that they are successful because all the Sunnis--the majority of Iraq--are pissed that the Shiites took all the power, ISIS represents all of them he says.

OTOH, and to play devils advocate, are you happy when a Palestinian dies? I'd venture to say that you are.
is he Sunni or Shiite?

No I am not happy when a Palestinian who there is reason to assume does not hate Jews dies, but would .need that reason to believe so.

Offline Nitantnel

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2014, 06:46:40 PM »
is he Sunni or Shiite?

No I am not happy when a Palestinian who there is reason to assume does not hate Jews dies, but would .need that reason to believe so.

He is Sunni, as are the Palestinians.

Let me say it a different way. Given the perception we have of Gaza, a city where people celebrate on Israel's and America's expense, we may feel that any child being raised in that environment would no doubt grow up to be a terrorist himself, or, at the very least, a supporter of terrorists. Thus, I am happy when I hear that their population has decreased.  I assume that they feel the same way about us.

This is getting off topic for me. I personally don't give a damn about any of them. Yes, I am a racist and a bigot, or whatever you want to call me.

Offline Nitantnel

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2014, 06:54:30 PM »
Pretty impressive that אבו מאזן is coming out full force against the kidnappers:

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4531919,00.html

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2014, 09:10:15 PM »
Pretty impressive that אבו מאזן is coming out full force against the kidnappers:

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4531919,00.html
Well Israel just took care of his wife. & he's probably scared they'll arrest him too.