Author Topic: Israel War News (3 bochurim kidnapped by terrorist! HYD)  (Read 293940 times)

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: 3 bochurim kidnapped by terrorist!
« Reply #220 on: June 21, 2014, 10:25:14 PM »
Just pointing out that the paper said that we shouldn't daven for the IDFs success in finding them.
There are plenty of other ways that the boys should get saved. You can daven that they manage to escape on their own for example.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 21, 2014, 10:25:55 PM »
Worthless U.S. state department  urges both sides to exercise restraint.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 21, 2014, 10:31:55 PM »

A - no one is stressing the shitta anywhere in these articles. Not sure where you see that.

You said thr point of the paper was to "remind" everyone about thier shitah - and that it wasn't many for any other purpose (E. G. Not to daven for the boys)

B - even assuming they are, this is a Satmar newspaper, meant for a 100% Satmar readership. If that isn't "keeping it to themselves", I don't know what is.

No one argued with that. Bottom line is,  work got out.
Publishing it isn't called keeping it to themselves  ::)

Imagine how the boys parents would feel if thry saw the article? What would you tell them? That it was published just for "us"  and you  weren't supposed to get ahold of it. .   .?

I'm not satmar and I saw the article. These days we have something called the Internet.

As has been discussed multiple times here already, saying that the shitta calls for not davening for these boys is an outright falsehood and shows basic misunderstanding of the shitta.
Correct. But from a clueless persons point of view,  that's what the shittah implies.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 21, 2014, 10:32:32 PM »
Goral Hagra perormed by Rav BInyomin Elyashiv for 3 missing bochurim- result indicates they are alive near chevron.
A Goral hagra (Lottery of the Vilna Gaon) was performed on behalf of  the 3 kidnapped Yeshiva boys. Friends of the family of missing teen Naftali Frankel pressured and insisted Rav Binyomin Elyashiv son of Rabbi Yosef Shalom Elyashiv zt"l  to determine whether the three kidnapped teens are still alive and where they are being held. The Rav said he had no choice and performed the lottery according to the mesorah he received from his grandfather Rav Aryeh Levin. The Pasuk that came up was from Shoftim that talks about Shimshon being taken to Lechi by the philistines, where he was tied up with ropes and freed himself.
"הוא בא עד לחי ופלשתים הריעו לקראתו ותצלח עליו רוח ה''".פסוק בנביא שופטים, פרק ט"ו, פסוק י"ד
The Rav said that according to the pasuk, shimshon freed himself from his captors near Lechi which seforim say refers to the Chevron area. Lets hope they are alive and  we should daven that they will return home alive safe and sound, said the Rav.

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 21, 2014, 10:37:40 PM »
Goral Hagra perormed by Rav BInyomin Elyashiv for 3 missing bochurim- result indicates they are alive near chevron.
A Goral hagra (Lottery of the Vilna Gaon) was performed on behalf of  the 3 kidnapped Yeshiva boys. Friends of the family of missing teen Naftali Frankel pressured and insisted Rav Binyomin Elyashiv son of Rabbi Yosef Shalom Elyashiv zt"l  to determine whether the three kidnapped teens are still alive and where they are being held. The Rav said he had no choice and performed the lottery according to the mesorah he received from his grandfather Rav Aryeh Levin. The Pasuk that came up was from Shoftim that talks about Shimshon being taken to Lechi by the philistines, where he was tied up with ropes and freed himself.
"הוא בא עד לחי ופלשתים הריעו לקראתו ותצלח עליו רוח ה''".פסוק בנביא שופטים, פרק ט"ו, פסוק י"ד
The Rav said that according to the pasuk, shimshon freed himself from his captors near Lechi which seforim say refers to the Chevron area. Lets hope they are alive and  we should daven that they will return home alive safe and sound, said the Rav.
Amen
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline joey123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Location: Modern Mashgiach at Chovevei (YCT) #ResidentMashgiach
  • Programs: Daven for the Chayalim #IStandWithIsrael
« Reply #225 on: June 21, 2014, 10:50:34 PM »
Amen

I hope and pray that they are alive, but I don't know how people can trust and believe a Goral Hagra. Just my 2 cents.
To the nOObs out there, feel free to PM with q's. #AlwaysTakesTheHighRoad #LovesHashTags

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 21, 2014, 10:57:48 PM »
I hope and pray that they are alive, but I don't know how people can trust and believe a Goral Hagra. Just my 2 cents.
If this makes you feel better, an uncle said the government told him they're still alive.

Offline yakov116

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 21, 2014, 11:01:27 PM »
If its just your 2 cents why aren't you counting everyone else's? In other words even if you don't hold in it you don't have to put it down.
You coulld have said I don't believe in the Goral Hagrah.
Money talks...mine says goodbye!

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 21, 2014, 11:02:15 PM »
If this makes you feel better, an uncle said the government told him they're still alive.

Yup. I saw that on Arutz Sheva.
To the nOObs out there, feel free to PM with q's. #AlwaysTakesTheHighRoad #LovesHashTags

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 21, 2014, 11:03:37 PM »
If its just your 2 cents why aren't you counting everyone else's? In other words even if you don't hold in it you don't have to put it down.
You coulld have said I don't believe in the Goral Hagrah.

You are correct. I didn't mean to come off as confrontational. I have no problem at all if someone wants to believe in it. It is their right and prerogative.

There must be certain sources for it, do you know where they are?

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #230 on: June 21, 2014, 11:08:20 PM »
You said thr point of the paper was to "remind" everyone about thier shitah - and that it wasn't many for any other purpose (E. G. Not to daven for the boys)

How in the world is this "stressing" or "reminding" about the shitta :o? My original post:
A note from the same section mentions that even though these bochrim are not from the same camp and have a completely different philosophy than satmar when it comes to Israel and Zionism, all that is irrelevant when a fellow yid is in a tzara. Their main point, loosely translated: "it was obvious from the first moment that erlicha yidden knew to separate the two [going against them with the shitta but being one in times of need], because at the end of the day these are fellow yidden, children of Avraham Yitzchak and Yaakov, no matter which community or kehilla they come from".

Publishing it isn't called keeping it to themselves  ::)
Imagine how the boys parents would feel if thry saw the article? What would you tell them? That it was published just for "us"  and you  weren't supposed to get ahold of it. .   .?
I'm not satmar and I saw the article. These days we have something called the Internet.

We live in a world where a Rav can't write a psak and a principal can't make or enforce a rule due to the fear that someone will put it on Whatsapp and it'll go all around the world out of context. It's sickening. A Rav writes a psak for his kehilla and tomorrow it's on FM. He says an opinion and it gets torn apart by every shmoe on the internet.

My point is that everyone has a right to publish their opinion to their own audience. The blatt wrote an article for it's own readers, not the 'internet'. On top of that, this is one small part of a 10 or so page article which is written beautifully, sensibly, and most importantly, sensitively. The only part which others (read: not the intended audience) could misinterpret is written very delicately, taking care not belittle any person, community, or mehalech. If a quick internet translation is not clear enough to convey that, that is hardly the blatt's fault.

Personally, I think if the boys' parents would read the article they'd be touched that even a group of yidden who are so opposed to parts of their ideology in normal circumstances put all differences aside and joined as one in their's (and klal yisroel's) pain.

But from a clueless persons point of view,  that's what the shittah implies.

I'm sorry. The shitta (or for that matter any other opinion or school of thought on the planet) is not required to educate and defend itself against every clueless person on the internet. If someone's clueless about something and still draws conclusions they have no one to blame but themselves.

---

I think I have been very clear in my points regarding this entire subject and will not continue arguing about it. Let's return to the main subject at hand and hope for good news very soon.
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #231 on: June 21, 2014, 11:09:14 PM »
You are correct. I didn't mean to come off as confrontational. I have no problem at all if someone wants to believe in it. It is their right and prerogative.

The GR"A, for one.

Offline yakov116

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 21, 2014, 11:13:13 PM »
Apology accepted.

Sorry no I don't
Money talks...mine says goodbye!

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 21, 2014, 11:15:37 PM »
I have no idea what the posuk means, but what are the odds of that posuk would pop up?

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #234 on: June 21, 2014, 11:20:23 PM »
I have no idea what the posuk means....
14. (As) he came up to Lehi, the Philistines shouted towards him: and there rested upon him a spirit of the Lord, and the ropes that were upon his arms became as flax that was burnt with fire, and his bonds melted off his hands.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #235 on: June 21, 2014, 11:21:40 PM »
Wonderful zeitung writes in main headline דריי פארכאפטע ישיבה סטודענטן....

You can say as much as you want that there is no problem with Satmar. There is.

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #236 on: June 21, 2014, 11:24:40 PM »
Wonderful zeitung writes in main headline דריי פארכאפטע ישיבה סטודענטן....

You can say as much as you want that there is no problem with Satmar. There is.

The zeitung is not Satmar ::)

In any case -
I think I have been very clear in my points regarding this entire subject and will not continue arguing about it. Let's return to the main subject at hand and hope for good news very soon.

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 22, 2014, 12:07:04 AM »
source?

Offline A European

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 22, 2014, 01:54:41 AM »