Topic Wiki

Law school exams for yeshiva guys 101, by henche
1. Read the story. 
2. Write down all the taynas that anyone might have, and what taynas the other guy might have back, and what the halacha probably is. 
3. Hit "submit"
4. Get a job.
5. Never see your family again!!!!!!!

http://www.top-law-schools.com/success-in-law-school.html
« Last edited by jj1000 on September 15, 2016, 08:19:54 AM »

Author Topic: Law School  (Read 202297 times)

Offline gubevo18

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Law School
« Reply #2265 on: July 27, 2020, 01:36:48 PM »
Any recommendations on anyone helping with the full school application process like resume and ps?
Honestly, IMO most of these services are unnecessary unless you have specific circumstances that look bad on your resume, C & F issues, bad grades/withdrawals or the like.

Can save yourself a boatload of money by doing it yourself and asking the advice of a few ppl you know. Will def be more work though so that's your call.

Offline Sowhat

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: July 27, 2020, 06:30:53 PM »
Thanks for all the responses.
So it seems the general consensus here is that to start, you definitely have to expect long work weeks. Iím ok with this for a number of years. I donít have a problem working hard for a few years, I just donít want to go down a path that entails 10+ hours a day, 6 days a week, plus commute, for the next 30 odd years. That is too much. A few years of it is certainly fine.
What Iím trying to get a good sense of is, what is the likelihood of getting these internal legal jobs, or other job that has more reasonable hours.
Is it a bad idea to go down this path if I donít want to do big law long term.

Lots of people believed this.  But, once you start, it is very hard to take the big drop in income even if its accompanied with better hours.  Ask Big Firm senior associates/Counsel.

Offline smb2270

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: July 29, 2020, 10:58:35 AM »
Any recommendations on anyone helping with the full school application process like resume and ps?
I'm more than happy to take a look.