Author Topic: Bassient seat with Points  (Read 1588 times)

Offline yanks10952

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Bassient seat with Points
« on: August 26, 2015, 02:07:55 PM »
i need to book tlv-ny with points and get a bassinet seat. How do I do that? id prefer elal, delta or united

Offline shtank

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Bassient seat with Points
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 02:32:52 PM »
i need to book tlv-ny with points and get a bassinet seat. How do I do that? id prefer elal, delta or united

From what I understand, no matter which seat you get, airlines will never guarantee a bassinet. They'll commit to trying but not guaranteed. As far as getting a bulkhead seat via points, I have no idea if this is a problem or not. I flew with Turkish. They don't allow seat reservation unless you call up, which I did. I made sure to call up the first day I was allowed to reserve seats to make sure I got the bulkhead. I am completely unsure what the deal is with other airlines. Sorry.

Offline Mech

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC, National EE, United Silver, SkyTeam Silver
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 04:20:56 PM »

United can guarantee a bassinet seat in advance upon availability. You will have to pay 10% of the cheapest base fare available for your baby.

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 04:49:05 PM »
You won't get it for points, but after you book your tickets, call to add the infant and request the bulkhead.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Joe4007

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 08:42:27 PM »

United can guarantee a bassinet seat in advance upon availability.
Not IME.

Offline shauly

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 08:57:24 PM »
Not IME.

They can guarantee it, it just happens that their guarantees mean nothing.  ;)

Offline chucksterace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 09:01:07 PM »
They can usually assign you into the bulkhead seats if available, however they cannot guarantee a bassinet. 
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline tavster

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 03:37:27 PM »
It's the same with El Al, costs 10% of minimum class fare, and can't use / earn Matmid points. 

Offline chayie

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 01:25:18 PM »
Hi,

Can anyone advise me? I reserved a round-trip bonus ticket on Elal from NY-TLV for March, and now I need to buy a seat for the baby who was just born.
I called El Al today and the cost of a seat is 10% of the lowest available fare, which for today, would come out to $82.50, which is not terrible at all.

But being that fares fluctuate, I'm thinking of waiting to see if the fare goes down at all. Does anyone know fare history, and can advise me if they think fares would possibly go down significantly for March? Trying to figure if to just buy it now for $82.50 or wait. Of course, I'm aware that the fares can go up as well.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Offline B.D.Da'ehu

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 01:27:08 PM »
Hi,

Can anyone advise me? I reserved a round-trip bonus ticket on Elal from NY-TLV for March, and now I need to buy a seat for the baby who was just born.
I called El Al today and the cost of a seat is 10% of the lowest available fare, which for today, would come out to $82.50, which is not terrible at all.

But being that fares fluctuate, I'm thinking of waiting to see if the fare goes down at all. Does anyone know fare history, and can advise me if they think fares would possibly go down significantly for March? Trying to figure if to just buy it now for $82.50 or wait. Of course, I'm aware that the fares can go up as well.

Buy now. Chances of it going down significantly aren't big.

Offline dealfinder85

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2015, 02:09:30 PM »
Hi,

and if it goes down all the way to 700, you save $12? just book now. it can increase a lot more than it can decrease

Offline luckyluck

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2015, 02:13:00 PM »
Hi,

Just FYI you're not buying a seat at this price, just the right to hold your baby on your laps for 12 hours...