Author Topic: Satmar Rebbe's comments on the three murdered teens  (Read 34406 times)

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
Re: Satmar Rebbe's comments on the three murdered teens
« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2014, 11:03:57 PM »
Now, the only difference between him and other Gedolei Yisroel is that Satmar ruv had written a very rich written saifer called V'yoel Moshe and also Al Hagilah Val Hatmira where he explains him self very well vs all other gedoliem which no one did,
So just saying "He doesn't know what he's talking about" is stupid, you gotto see what he says and then you could debate.
The Lubavitcher Rebbe explained his shitah very well in letters and Sichos, I believe R' Yoel Kahn put out a Kuntres explaining the lubavitch Shitah.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2014, 11:25:18 PM »
Followers of r' zalman leib are criticizing remarks made by r' Aron. Big shocker !!

Offline dovy2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2014, 11:29:21 PM »
Do you really think that hashem makes a miracle through people that deny his existence and do everything against his will? I'm not saying anything against lubavitche rebbe, but don't walk blindly into the wall.
And why not? did you ever learn Navi melachim?

Offline sillypainter

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2014, 11:32:39 PM »
And why not? did you ever learn Navi melachim?

Adarabah, please enlighten us.

Offline dovy2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2014, 11:38:07 PM »
Adarabah, please enlighten us.
Almost all of the malchei yisroel were terrible reshaim. Nevertheless, countless miracles happened through them, because it is still a kiddush hashem if the yidden win a battle.
Also, Moshe rabeinu's excuse to hashem not to wipe out the yidden by the slav, is that the goyim don't understand the concept of being frum or not, and the being punished can end up being a chilul hashem.
The same thing is with the Israelis. Religious or not, they're looked at by the world as the Jewish people, and then winning is a kiddush hashem

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 04, 2014, 12:09:29 AM »
This thread seems to show a lot of what is wrong with yiddeshkeit today in my eyes.

Unfortunately just because a man is called the Rebbee doesn't make him perfect by any means.  Or right necessarily. (And I'm not talking about any Rebbe specifically. )

Second, everyone is entitled to their thoughts and ideas. Everyone. You. Me. The Satmer Rebbe . Every other Rebbe. Everyone.

You don't have to agree with every single thing your Rebbe thinks, or your sect of Judaism thinks or the people around you. Contrary to popular belief yidden can have their own thoughts and opinions.

And for the people who with this topic specifically aren't able to understand why someone might think living in the settlements is dangerous or why someone might think it's important to live in the settlements than there's a good chance you're not letting yourself really think about things and try to understand the situation. 

And making comments about what everyone should or shouldn't believe with this topic is kind of silly. 

We're not all supposed to have the same thoughts and opinions. But we are supposed to be loving towards one another and get along regardless.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 04, 2014, 12:12:18 AM »
This thread seems to show a lot of what is wrong with yiddeshkeit today in my eyes.

Unfortunately just because a man is called the Rebbee doesn't make him perfect by any means.  Or right necessarily. (And I'm not talking about any Rebbe specifically. )

Second, everyone is entitled to their thoughts and ideas. Everyone. You. Me. The Satmer Rebbe . Every other Rebbe. Everyone.

You don't have to agree with every single thing your Rebbe thinks, or your sect of Judaism thinks or the people around you. Contrary to popular belief yidden can have their own thoughts and opinions.

And for the people who with this topic specifically aren't able to understand why someone might think living in the settlements is dangerous or why someone might think it's important to live in the settlements than there's a good chance you're not letting yourself really think about things and try to understand the situation. 

And making comments about what everyone should or shouldn't believe with this topic is kind of silly. 

We're not all supposed to have the same thoughts and opinions. But we are supposed to be loving towards one another.
My problem is how soon he said it. These parents just went through the most traumatic thing possible. Wait a little bit.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 04, 2014, 12:16:24 AM »
My problem is how soon he said it. These parents just went through the most traumatic thing possible. Wait a little bit.

I agree. I didn't think it was appropriate timing.  At least on the forums all it seemed to accomplish was going from a thread where we were all United, hoping, praying together to..this.

In all seriousness, his opinion aside what exactly was he trying to accomplish with what he said? Anyone?

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 04, 2014, 12:24:54 AM »
I agree. I didn't think it was appropriate timing.  At least on the forums all it seemed to accomplish was going from a thread where we were all United, hoping, praying together to..this.

In all seriousness, his opinion aside what exactly was he trying to accomplish with what he said? Anyone?
I think he was trying to bring a point, that yes it's a tragedy and very sad BUT you must also look at why this tragedy happened.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 04, 2014, 12:29:53 AM »
I think he was trying to bring a point, that yes it's a tragedy and very sad BUT you must also look at why this tragedy happened.

So he's saying he thinks they were just in the wrong place?

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 04, 2014, 12:31:15 AM »
So he's saying he thinks they were just in the wrong place?

If you call being a zionest in the wrong place then yes.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 04, 2014, 12:38:30 AM »
So he's saying being a Zionist causes tragedy? Is he worried his followers are going off? Or just reminding them that Zionism is wrong?

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 04, 2014, 12:45:34 AM »
So he's saying being a Zionist causes tragedy? Is he worried his followers are going off? Or just reminding them that Zionism is wrong?
I am not sure what your getting at. But from what I understand, which may not be right, the answer to your first qustion is yes. With plausible explanation being, 1. Zionism is a averiah. 2. you are not alowed to put yourself in sakana, which it seems that zionest do on a day to day basis. Regarding your second qustion I really don't know. Regarding the third, I don't see the problem of reminding and talking against averios, that's if of course you hold zionism is.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 12:56:14 AM by AI-TRAVEL »

Offline george

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile

Offline Baruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 04, 2014, 01:42:56 AM »
::)

If already quoting scripture, why not mention the many times that the torah promises that the land will "spit us out"? Like for not keeping shimita properly, giluy arayos, etc etc.
did you see the question mark at the end of my post? I was not defending his position, I was asking him if he was referring to that pasuk.

Offline SamKey

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: If I'm there I can't be here and if I'm here I can't be there
  • Programs: National EE; Hertz PC; Sixt Plt; Avis First; Hilton Gold; Priority Club Plt; West Bestern DE; Carlson Club GE; Accor PLT
« Reply #155 on: July 04, 2014, 01:45:10 AM »

I don't know if he was right or wrong but I am positive he knew what he was doing and he did it with that in mind

Offline MenachemS

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 04, 2014, 01:46:34 AM »
Do you really think that hashem makes a miracle through people that deny his existence and do everything against his will? I'm not saying anything against lubavitche rebbe, but don't walk blindly into the wall.
Are you Hashem?

What's the difference between you and them? If you were in their shoes (raised like them) would you be any different? And as you are now can you say you are perfect from Aveiros?

Is that what makes a Yid? Is that what makes us different from the Goyim? If we identify yidden only by their beliefs, that means that we are conceding that the Zionists are right! They think we are a nation like all other nations! If we can't look at a Yid past his superficial actions and appearance than we are a nation like all other nations.

Offline MenachemS

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 04, 2014, 01:47:54 AM »
I don't know if he was right or wrong but I am positive he knew what he was doing and he did it with that in mind
Enough! What he said was dead wrong! Stop defending it!

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 04, 2014, 01:49:35 AM »
Right, just wondering if we knew what that was. Didn't want to miss the boat.  Anyways...His followers aren't Zionists and I'm sure they know where he stands on such issues. Hope they got whatever he intended them to out of it.

Offline MenachemS

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 04, 2014, 01:51:30 AM »
I am not sure what your getting at. But from what I understand, which may not be right, the answer to your first qustion is yes. With plausible explanation being, 1. Zionism is a averiah. 2. you are not alowed to put yourself in sakana, which it seems that zionest do on a day to day basis. Regarding your second qustion I really don't know. Regarding the third, I don't see the problem of reminding and talking against averios, that's if of course you hold zionism is.
You guys need help. In your zeal to accuse another Yid of such a horrible thing (being responsible for their child's death) you resort to ridiculous falsehoods, such as the kids being in a makom sakanah which is categorically untrue!!