Author Topic: Satmar Rebbe's comments on the three murdered teens  (Read 33808 times)

Offline ah

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: Satmar Rebbe's comments on the three murdered teens
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2014, 11:13:03 AM »
Go to hell!
am I the only one who thinks this is very uncalled for?

Offline MenachemS

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2014, 11:17:17 AM »
actually i think most people, excluding yourself obviously, are aware that its more dangerous living in the settlements. the settlers themselves know that as well. they feel justified putting themselves and their families in that danger based on their beliefs.
if someone holds their beliefs are mistaken, then yes, it follows that the parents definitely do bear some of the responsibility for anything that happens. its pretty simple.

now, whether or not these things should be spoken out in a public setting during shivah... thats a different discussion.
It is simply not true that the place that they were kidnapped from is any less safer than Brooklyn. You can keep arguing about it but the metzios iz azoi. What if someone was kidnapped in the Jewish quarter of the old city would you say the same thing?

And even if they were kidnapped in a dangerous area, those places are effectively a buffer for the rest of Israel. It is very simple, before 1967, the rest of Israel was a lot more dangerous. So those people are doing a chesed for the rest of the country.

Offline yare

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2014, 11:17:48 AM »
No, but they are both safer than Williamsburg in the 90's and Satmar certainly didnt run away

Other than the occasional Terrorist attack, there is virtually no crime in the "settlements"

the "occasional" terrorist attack means someone, or multiple someones are dead or critically wounded. im not familiar with williamsburg history, but afaik there are no jewish communities in the usa currently that live with the fact that a few of them will be murdered every year.

Offline MenachemS

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2014, 11:19:04 AM »
the "occasional" terrorist attack means someone, or multiple someones are dead or critically wounded. im not familiar with williamsburg history, but afaik there are no jewish communities in the usa currently that live with the fact that a few of them will be murdered every year.
Menachem Stark? The shomrim shootings?

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2014, 11:21:14 AM »
And even if they were kidnapped in a dangerous area, those places are effectively a buffer for the rest of Israel. It is very simple, before 1967, the rest of Israel was a lot more dangerous. So those people are doing a chesed for the rest of the country.

thats all very debatable. but, even if it were true (and im certainly not saying that it is,) its very nice to do chesed, but what right do you have to put your children at risk for the sake of your chesed?

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2014, 11:21:27 AM »
first of all that's a very naive statement. He didn't call them reshaim he said they made a mistake because they were blinded by their virtues. If someone goes to jail is it wrong for someone to say he made a mistake?
made a mistake ? He's calling them murderers.

Offline chamdena

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2014, 11:22:15 AM »
From my conversations with Satmars, I learned that they themselves dont attribute much "holliness" to there Rebbes. He is a community figure head. He said something... Ok. He's just a human being. Either he did it lesheim shomayim, or not. whateva'. The point is its ok for any of us to own our truth and stick to it regardless of the Satmar Rebbes remarks. And, by the same token, he can say what he'd like. Its not binding.

Offline MenachemS

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2014, 11:23:10 AM »
thats all very debatable. but, even if it were true (and im certainly not saying that it is,) its very nice to do chesed, but what right do you have to put your children at risk for the sake of your chesed?
The dangerous places are usually not occupied with families its usually teenagers setting up shop.

It was certainly not the case here. (BTW, two of the kids didn't even live in settlements)

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2014, 11:24:14 AM »
From my conversations with Satmars, I learned that they themselves dont attribute much "holliness" to there Rebbes. He is a community figure head. He said something... Ok. He's just a human being. Either he did it lesheim shomayim, or not. whateva'. The point is its ok for any of us to own out truth and stick to it regardless of the Satmar Rebbes remarks. And, by the same token, he can say what he'd like. Its not binding.
he should not be making such remarks so soon afterwards. They just buried their kids. Where's the heart ?

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2014, 11:25:19 AM »
really? menachem stark was involved with whatever he was involved in. and of course there are antisemites and the possibility of being killed anywhere, that's the world. i said that theres nowhere else where you are a direct target of murderers on a day to day basis. theres nowhere else where you can chalk up in the beginning of the year that multiple yidden will be murdered this year.

Offline MenachemS

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2014, 11:27:24 AM »
really? menachem stark was involved with whatever he was involved in. and of course there are antisemites and the possibility of being killed anywhere, that's the world. i said that theres nowhere else where you are a direct target of murderers on a day to day basis. theres nowhere else where you can chalk up in the beginning of the year that multiple yidden will be murdered this year.
Ah so menachem stark is also guilty?

AFAIK this is the first terrorist murder this year in israel

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2014, 11:27:46 AM »
Dan, you really believe that the settlements are a safe place?  :o
As safe as Brooklyn? Sure. And then some.  Either place there are precautions to take.
Then again I wouldn't let my kids hitchhike there (or anywhere) either.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline mek

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2014, 11:28:30 AM »

Not really something everyone is worried about on a daily basis.

I'd rather hear about the dangers of hitching a ride...

+1 the danger of that is even in america whether it be giving the ride or taking it there are some crazy people out there. Additionally the dangers of hitching at night pertain to chassidim specifically who hitch on the road dressed in complete black. I've had many near misses in monsey where you can barely see these guys on the road almost asking to be hit

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2014, 11:28:37 AM »
So should Jews leave Israel entirely ? They bring the bombs into the center of the jewish neighborhoods. & the rockets are reaching further into the cities.

Offline chamdena

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2014, 11:28:44 AM »
Dan: Uber? ;-)

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2014, 11:31:31 AM »

As safe as Brooklyn? Sure. And then some.  Either place there are precautions to take.
You wouldn't let your kids hitch in Lakewood?

Offline Menachem613

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2014, 11:31:48 AM »

he should not be making such remarks so soon afterwards. They just buried their kids. Where's the heart ?

But how can a Gadol be wrong?

Offline SamKey

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: If I'm there I can't be here and if I'm here I can't be there
  • Programs: National EE; Hertz PC; Sixt Plt; Avis First; Hilton Gold; Priority Club Plt; West Bestern DE; Carlson Club GE; Accor PLT
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2014, 11:35:20 AM »
This is not at all bottled up hatred. It is an automatic reaction that every yid feels when he hears such loshon hora and sinas chinam spouted against another yid in such distress.

This is not the way a Talmud chochom, let alone a gadol b'yisrael would talk.

Stating that another Jew did something wrong (that everyone knows he did) is loshon Harah and sinas chinam????? Dude he truly loves them I guarantee you. And I'm not sure which Torah you're quoting from but mine got none of the cr@p you're spewing. And since when are you the one to decide what a gadol/ת"ח should and should not say? You're twisted buddy.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2014, 11:35:57 AM »
But how can a Gadol be wrong?
Nobody is perfect. Only g-d

Offline zale

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2014, 11:36:48 AM »

The crime in Brooklyn is not specifically targeted at Jews. Shootings are typically between drug dealers and rival gangs. The settlements on the other hand have to deal with a targeted threat and rockets falling on a daily basis. They also have to deal with horrific murders like the family of five that were stabbed to death in the middle of the night a couple years ago.

That said, I SALUTE the people who live there for their bravery. The fact is that the more the Israeli's back away from these areas to move "inland", the more dangerous it becomes.