Author Topic: Satmar Rebbe's comments on the three murdered teens  (Read 34187 times)

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Satmar Rebbe's comments on the three murdered teens
« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2014, 11:03:59 AM »
And this occurrence? Seems like that Satmar rebbe held it's the parents fault. I am not sure my self. I don't know the exact circumstances.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:08:52 AM by AI-TRAVEL »

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #181 on: July 04, 2014, 11:04:31 AM »
Just wondering if MenachemS is brothers with YehudaS... :D

Offline MenachemS

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 04, 2014, 11:06:03 AM »
And this occurrence? Seems like that Satmar rebbe held it's the parents fault. I am not sure my self. I don't the exact circumstance.
You have a nerve!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:10:53 AM by MenachemS »

Offline tzvicoco

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 04, 2014, 11:12:16 AM »
you forgot the rest of my argument about the army having to patrol. Couldn't agree more the whole israel is unsafe. Compared to normal civilized country's. And that's the way I expect it to be when your surrounded by blood thirsty Arabs. You always have to be on alert and you question everything that happens. That's not called safe, that's called being protected by the Hashem thru the army. You take away the army and your dead. There's nothing safe about that at all. I really don't understand why this is complicated.
Do you know how much protection you have just living in the US? Take away border patrol, the NSA, the CIA, the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, police force, you're dead too. Just because protection is much more obvious in Israel doesn't mean it's less safe. And the fact is that there is an army, and a pretty darn good one at that. And as shocking as this might be for you, most Arabs are not blood thirsty. 

Offline tzvicoco

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 04, 2014, 11:18:43 AM »
Let me try to explain it this way: You are in a building that contains a ticking time bomb. You feel unsafe. I tell you you're crazy, look at the numbers, no one has ever been hurt in this building, it must be the safest place in the universe.
No comparison. More like: You are in a building that has had thousands of ticking time bombs inside of it for the past 70 years, much like all of the other buildings on the block. But almost none of the bombs have ever gone off - they are almost always defused. And your alternative is to go to another building where it's much more likely for floors to collapse or to fall down an elevator shaft, and there are threats of ticking time bombs there as well. The past had indicated that you are in fact more likely to die if you go to the other building instead of staying in this one.

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 04, 2014, 12:20:18 PM »
Do you know how much protection you have just living in the US? Take away border patrol, the NSA, the CIA, the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, police force, you're dead too. Just because protection is much more obvious in Israel doesn't mean it's less safe. And the fact is that there is an army, and a pretty darn good one at that. And as shocking as this might be for you, most Arabs are not blood thirsty. 
If you really can't understand the difference between having to have a tank in your backyard and the CIA in America etc then there is no discussion here. Also if you truly hold that there both just as dangerous at least in America it's a nes nistar as oppose to in israel where there's nissim everyday. Your not supposed to live like that.

Offline MoGro17

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 04, 2014, 12:25:53 PM »
All this discussion is based of the assumption that there is a utopian place in the world that will be safe haven for Jews.

Well let me dispel that rumor for you: There isn't; no such place exists right now. Even the Holy land of E"Y isn't safe, as we are reminded time and time again by these tragedies.

Now, with that in mind, let's examine where the least dangerous place to live is.

WAIT!!

Before we do that, let's not forget that history, at least recent (500 years) history, has shown that foreign nations, while temporarily hospitable, don't like us and there are always "kill/blame the jew" feelings bubbling under the surface. That puts every place other than Israel behind the 8-ball. You can deny this all you want until you're blue in the face and you'd be denying history. (Nazi, Cossacks, crown hights riots, French riots, crusades, Dryfuss, etc. The list goes on and on in no particular order of chronology or level of importance.)

With that said, there is no question that the Jewish people will find temporary respite in foreign nations; we may even be successful and powerful in said nations. However, the Torah and Chazal tell us, for certainty, that we will wear out our welcome, sometimes by no fault of our own.

Knowing all that, I now pose the question:

Where should we be until moshiach comes for us? Where should we go until moshiach comes for us?
Where is the least dangerous place for me and my family to live until moshiach comes for us?

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 04, 2014, 12:29:08 PM »
All this discussion is based of the assumption that there is a utopian place in the world that will be safe haven for Jews.

Well let me dispel that rumor for you: There isn't; no such place exists right now. Even the Holy land of E"Y isn't safe, as we are reminded time and time again by these tragedies.

Now, with that in mind, let's examine where the least dangerous place to live is.

WAIT!!

Before we do that, let's not forget that history, at least recent (500 years) history, has shown that foreign nations, while temporarily hospitable, don't like us and there are always "kill/blame the jew" feelings bubbling under the surface. That puts every place other than Israel behind the 8-ball. You can deny this all you want until you're blue in the face and you'd be denying history. (Nazi, Cossacks, crown hights riots, French riots, crusades, Dryfuss, etc. The list goes on and on in no particular order of chronology or level of importance.)

With that said, there is no question that the Jewish people will find temporary respite in foreign nations; we may even be successful and powerful in said nations. However, the Torah and Chazal tell us, for certainty, that we will wear out our welcome, sometimes by no fault of our own.

Knowing all that, I now pose the question:

Where should we be until moshiach comes for us? Where should we go until moshiach comes for us?
Where is the least dangerous place for me and my family to live until moshiach comes for us?
Short answer: Currently the safest place for a Jew is North America. Hands down.

Offline MenachemS

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 04, 2014, 12:40:34 PM »
Short answer: Currently the safest place for a Jew is North America. Hands down.
tamid einei Hashem Elokecha bah me’reishis ha’shana v’ad acharis shana

Offline Centro

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 04, 2014, 12:46:23 PM »
Brieshis buru eloykim eis hoshumoyim vies hurts..

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 04, 2014, 12:48:28 PM »
The tora promises that the land will eject us for desecrating the Torah.
Indeed the most dangerous place to live if you look at the amount of desecration of the Torah rc"l.

Offline Centro

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 04, 2014, 12:53:41 PM »
Indeed the most dangerous place to live if you look at the amount of desecration of the Torah rc"l.
+100

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 04, 2014, 12:54:10 PM »
Based on what are you claiming that? Singapore is definitely safer.

The argument for Israel is that there's guaranteed to be no hostility towards Jews in the future.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 04, 2014, 01:04:19 PM »
Australia, Alaska, Antarctica.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 04, 2014, 01:08:33 PM »
Great point!

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 04, 2014, 01:09:52 PM »
Australia, Alaska, Antarctica.
R Nosson Vachtfogel used this svara when trying to convince people to go to Kollel in Australia.  :D

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 04, 2014, 01:18:54 PM »
Based on what are you claiming that? Singapore is definitely safer.

The argument for Israel is that there's guaranteed to be no hostility towards Jews in the future.
Seems it depends which type of Jew.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 04, 2014, 01:30:47 PM »

Whaaat?? Virtually all hostility directed against jews today, and in the foreseeable future, is directed towards Israel. Israel is in the crosshairs of every antisemite, it also happens to be surrounded by billions of them. Concentrating millions of jews in this geographic location is risky to say the least.

Offline Centro

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 04, 2014, 01:31:12 PM »

Great point!
This is one of the things Satmar ruv use to say time and again and again.

Offline MenachemS

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 04, 2014, 01:32:11 PM »
Can't believe what I am reading! Hard to believe people think this way!

Why don't you focus on the positive? Like the amount of Torah coming out of Eretz Yisroel? The amount of dedication to Hashem in eretz yisrael far surpasses what goes on on america. And the amount of Israeli baalei teshuvah are enormous.

And how can you blame the rest? Many of them were raised by parents who were far more distant from Torah and yiddishkeit than they are.

There were clear miracles seen time and time again for the yidden living there and the soldiers protecting them.

By your logic, we should pack out of America. There are so many fraye yidden here.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 01:35:17 PM by MenachemS »