Topic Wiki

NYC Parking Signs
Check parking parking regulations on all streets in NYC

HT to FT.

***The city has now added street cleaning / alternate side parking to the whole area! ***
In short: Park on a street that will allow parking for your entire trip.  Of course, if you're travelling for a week or more, that's not possible.
You can use Google maps and zoom in to see the alternate side parking schedule. This can help you pick an address for your GPS. When you get there, check the signs and park.  The walk North to the 94th st overpass to LGA. (Turn right as soon as you cross over, (don't pass the parking garage) and it will bring you to the front of Terminal B.)
 More specific information:

If you're flying out of Terminal A (currently, Marine Air Terminal and Delta shuttle) or Terminal B (Central Terminal), navigate to 94th St and 23rd Ave in Queens. In that area, alternate side parking can be found on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays, all from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm.

This is a residential area about a 15-minute walk from Terminal A and B, with sidewalk access along the whole route to the terminal. Just walk north along 94th Street, over the bridge and into the airport. Other people on this forum have posted about cars being broken into, but I have never had a problem. This part of Queens is mainly single family homes, very residential and I would think relatively safe. As in any big city, don't leave anything visible inside your car and make sure your car is locked.

If you're flying out of Terminal C (US Air) or Terminal D (Delta), navigate to 23rd Avenue and 101st St. In this neighborhood, you can find alternate side parking streets that are Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, also 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. This neighborhood is also very residential and about a 15-minute walk on sidewalks to Terminal C or D via a bridge that goes over the Grand Central Parkway by the intersection of 101st Street, 23rd Avenue and Ditmars Blvd.

Alternate Side of the Street Parking: For those of you not familiar with this NYC ritual, that means that you cannot park on that street between those hours on that day. For example, the north side of 24th Avenue (where I parked last week), is a Tuesday alternate side parking street. That means that your car can be ticketed (and even towed) if you're parking on that street between 11:30 am and 1:00 pm on a Tuesday. As long as you park AFTER Tuesday at 1:00 pm, you car can remain there until the following Tuesday, when it must be moved by 11:00 am. The south side of the street is a Monday alternate side day. so if you're leaving on Monday afternoon, you can park your car there until the following Monday at 11:00 am. Other streets in the neighborhood are either Wednesdays or Fridays - just drive around until you find the one you need.
I usually park on Ditmars Blvd, a little before that Mariott. I then take a quick Uber ride right to the terminal. One time I took the Marriot shuttle (it was several years ago, so I don't recall the details)

« Last edited by moko on January 04, 2024, 06:48:49 AM »

Author Topic: Parking at LGA  (Read 102010 times)

Offline MeirS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Parking at LGA
« Reply #200 on: August 03, 2016, 05:02:58 PM »
Apparently, P2 outside terminal B is closed since 7/1. Is there now nowhere to park if you want to drop someone off or pick someone up and you want to park for half hour?

I couldn't find any mention of this anywhere on DDF.

Online ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 03, 2016, 09:23:16 PM »
This thread has alot of talk on street parking for a tip out of LGA.  It's not that convenient for a half hour pickup, but it would work.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Geshmak25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2017, 06:19:53 PM »
Flying out of LGA soon - thursday morning through monday night. Everyones telling me parking is crazy at lga nowadays - do I need to book parking at one of the external parking sites or should I be able to find street parking?
PUTPAC = PITA

Online ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2017, 10:20:08 PM »
Flying out of LGA soon - thursday morning through monday night. Everyones telling me parking is crazy at lga nowadays - do I need to book parking at one of the external parking sites or should I be able to find street parking?
Who?  People who have actually tried or they just 'heard' from someone else?

Offline an613

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 22, 2017, 08:42:31 PM »
Has anyone done street parking in the last few weeks/months? Is terminal B still reachable by the bridge or did the construction block it?

Offline flyer1836

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 23, 2017, 08:41:18 PM »
forget parking, I need help with picking up friends.
went last week 11pm at night, took 40 minutes from grand central exit to terminal pickup
need to go 2 more times in early march. where can I tell my friends to walk to for an easy pickup?

Offline ad120

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 23, 2017, 11:39:25 PM »
Has anyone done street parking in the last few weeks/months? Is terminal B still reachable by the bridge or did the construction block it?
I was lucky enough to find a spot right outside The Landing Hotel a month ago. I walk to the terminal and it took 5 extra minutes due to the detour.

Online ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2017, 11:48:03 PM »
went last week 11pm at night, took 40 minutes from grand central exit to terminal pickup
need to go 2 more times in early march. where can I tell my friends to walk to for an easy pickup?
I did a drop off in terminal B on Sunday night.  Only a slight delay on the ramp into the terminal. Otherwise no problems.

Offline Dr Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2017, 12:05:10 AM »
Tell them to wait by departures.
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #209 on: February 24, 2017, 12:27:25 AM »
Tell them to wait by departures.
That's the best place to pick up at most airports. Though I've found that at JFK Terminal 1 arrivals is quite OK for pickups, possibly even better than departures.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline an613

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 24, 2017, 12:37:50 PM »
I was lucky enough to find a spot right outside The Landing Hotel a month ago. I walk to the terminal and it took 5 extra minutes due to the detour.

Awesome, thanks

Offline flyer1836

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 24, 2017, 01:48:46 PM »
yes, departures is the way to go for pickups
issue with LGA over next year will be getting from grand central to the physical terminal used to be 5-15 minutes
now could be up to 45 minutes with construction. any gps address or hotel that is 15 minutes walkable from a terminal I can tell them to meet me at

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #212 on: February 24, 2017, 02:40:51 PM »
yes, departures is the way to go for pickups
issue with LGA over next year will be getting from grand central to the physical terminal used to be 5-15 minutes
now could be up to 45 minutes with construction. any gps address or hotel that is 15 minutes walkable from a terminal I can tell them to meet me at
They can take the Purple shuttle from the terminal. It runs a circular route, and the last stop before going over the Parkway back into the airport is at the corner of 23rd Avenue and 94th Street in East Elmhurst 11369.

I personally took the Purple route, so I know for certain it stops there.

From the map, it seems like Red route might also go there. http://laguardiaairport.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/LaGuardia_Airport_Map-new-routes-7-5-16.pdf
-- Dan

Offline ad120

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 25, 2017, 07:26:55 PM »
Thet can also be picked up from terminal a where u pick up the shuttles

Offline NI

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 11, 2017, 10:53:40 PM »
Looking back to park my car in lga for a quick trip...ill be gone for 24 hrs. Anyone have experience with the parking there recently can tell me what to expect? Ty!!

Offline 123ablack

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 11, 2017, 11:15:46 PM »
Looking back to park my car in lga for a quick trip...ill be gone for 24 hrs. Anyone have experience with the parking there recently can tell me what to expect? Ty!!

same question here. short term parking is a mess there now with the construction. any idea for terminal B (United) parking for a less than 24 hour round trip departing tomorrow morning?

Thanks!

Offline ad120

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 11, 2017, 11:32:27 PM »
same question here. short term parking is a mess there now with the construction. any idea for terminal B (United) parking for a less than 24 hour round trip departing tomorrow morning?

Thanks!
street park as usual

Offline 123ablack

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 11, 2017, 11:36:26 PM »
street park as usual
Thanks. Any updated addresses that are good for Monday ASP?

Online ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 11, 2017, 11:54:56 PM »
Thanks. Any updated addresses that are good for Monday ASP?
check the map in the wiki

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2017, 05:35:15 PM »
Just got back from a quick Florida sojourn.

Found street parking on 94th street between Ditmars and 23rd - closest I've ever found. Walk to and from Terminal B was quick. Probably fastest way to get out of the airport today. Traffic looked very slow in the airport.

I love LGA for this.
-- Dan