Topic Wiki

NYC Parking Signs
Check parking parking regulations on all streets in NYC

HT to FT.

***The city has now added street cleaning / alternate side parking to the whole area! ***
In short: Park on a street that will allow parking for your entire trip.  Of course, if you're travelling for a week or more, that's not possible.
You can use Google maps and zoom in to see the alternate side parking schedule. This can help you pick an address for your GPS. When you get there, check the signs and park.  The walk North to the 94th st overpass to LGA. (Turn right as soon as you cross over, (don't pass the parking garage) and it will bring you to the front of Terminal B.)
 More specific information:

If you're flying out of Terminal A (currently, Marine Air Terminal and Delta shuttle) or Terminal B (Central Terminal), navigate to 94th St and 23rd Ave in Queens. In that area, alternate side parking can be found on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays, all from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm.

This is a residential area about a 15-minute walk from Terminal A and B, with sidewalk access along the whole route to the terminal. Just walk north along 94th Street, over the bridge and into the airport. Other people on this forum have posted about cars being broken into, but I have never had a problem. This part of Queens is mainly single family homes, very residential and I would think relatively safe. As in any big city, don't leave anything visible inside your car and make sure your car is locked.

If you're flying out of Terminal C (US Air) or Terminal D (Delta), navigate to 23rd Avenue and 101st St. In this neighborhood, you can find alternate side parking streets that are Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, also 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. This neighborhood is also very residential and about a 15-minute walk on sidewalks to Terminal C or D via a bridge that goes over the Grand Central Parkway by the intersection of 101st Street, 23rd Avenue and Ditmars Blvd.

Alternate Side of the Street Parking: For those of you not familiar with this NYC ritual, that means that you cannot park on that street between those hours on that day. For example, the north side of 24th Avenue (where I parked last week), is a Tuesday alternate side parking street. That means that your car can be ticketed (and even towed) if you're parking on that street between 11:30 am and 1:00 pm on a Tuesday. As long as you park AFTER Tuesday at 1:00 pm, you car can remain there until the following Tuesday, when it must be moved by 11:00 am. The south side of the street is a Monday alternate side day. so if you're leaving on Monday afternoon, you can park your car there until the following Monday at 11:00 am. Other streets in the neighborhood are either Wednesdays or Fridays - just drive around until you find the one you need.
I usually park on Ditmars Blvd, a little before that Mariott. I then take a quick Uber ride right to the terminal. One time I took the Marriot shuttle (it was several years ago, so I don't recall the details)

« Last edited by moko on January 04, 2024, 06:48:49 AM »

Author Topic: Parking at LGA  (Read 101923 times)

Offline safsel

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Parking at LGA
« Reply #240 on: August 17, 2017, 01:55:09 PM »
PSA avoid LGA at all costs
fly fairly frequently for work.
until they started construction had LGA down to a science knew exactly where to park by B on 4th level walk across the walkway through the entrance right to escalators through security maybe 5-10 min until gate whole ordeal.
Have been avoiding LGA for last few months, yesterday had no choice due to flight options had to fly.
first mistake was overslept half hour, ok no biggee usually have about a half hour to kill once in airport. HOLY COW lga is a mess. couldnt find the daily lot, very poorly marked. finally figured out have to park by C. found a spot in that lot fairly easily. then time to wait for purple shuttle. after about 10 min one shows up proceeds to leave airport to go to rental car area then absolute gridlock getting past the GCP service road 15 minutes not moving an inch. at this point boarding for my flight had started already. shuttle driver refused to let anyone off the bus. after repeatedly begging he relented. ran the distance to airport took about 10 min to get to terminal thank god for precheck made it to door of gate 7:01 doors closed 7:05. upon landing back in LGA shuttles only come to departures. but this is not marked anywhere after waiting with a group of people for 15 minutes i asked one of the traffic "cops" where to get the shuttle and he said to go upstairs to departures. shuttle came fairly quickly at that point. when i got back to C, didnt realize they eliminated the daily lot prices which until now costed $32/34? (i forget get confused with JFK which one is which) the price for the day is $59 took about 35 minutes from getting into the vehicle until got onto GCP due to fact they have only one lane open....
All in all worst experience ever with any of the 3 majors around NY (jfk, ewr, lga) I do not understand how the MTA plans on handling the millions of travelers who go through LGA every year, this is going to take multiple years until the construction is complete, it is mind numbing to try and describe what i experienced yesterday.
sorry for the rant but hopefully this helps someone....

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 17, 2017, 02:13:55 PM »
All the more so why it's better to park on the street.
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #242 on: August 17, 2017, 03:00:27 PM »
All the more so why it's better to park on the street.
Exactly!

Oversleeping is not a mistake, it just something unfortunate that happened.

Driving your car into LGA is a HUGE mistake.

I still love LGA!
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline MeirS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 21, 2017, 10:46:45 AM »

Exactly!
Makes sense to me
Oversleeping is not a mistake, it just something unfortunate that happened.
Makes sense to me
Driving your car into LGA is a HUGE mistake.
Mages sense to me
I still love LGA!

Here, I lost you.

Offline jomaster28

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 08, 2017, 03:33:26 PM »
I am looking at the messages here and seeing that street parking might be my best option.

I am flying out of LGA on Sunday at 6AM and arriving Monday at around 1PM.

Does anyone know a good address to put into waze to park on the street that wont be Alt side?

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 08, 2017, 04:52:21 PM »
Using the map in the wiki and google maps, you should be able to find something.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 08, 2017, 04:57:28 PM »
Using the map in the wiki and google maps, you should be able to find something.
+1

ASP varies per street here so you shouldn't have any issue finding a good spot.

Offline jomaster28

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 10, 2017, 05:41:34 AM »
Thanks guys I just parked. At 5:30AM on Sunday I circled for 8 minutes and got a spot. Walked to like 94th street and jumped on a free bus to terminal B. Was very easy for me Bh.

Offline jomaster28

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 12, 2017, 11:21:09 AM »
Thanks guys I just parked. At 5:30AM on Sunday I circled for 8 minutes and got a spot. Walked to like 94th street and jumped on a free bus to terminal B. Was very easy for me Bh.

Arrived in LGA yesterday and instead of walking to the car i got on the Purple Route Bus, it took me straight down 23rd Ave to 94th street and was very easy.

Offline Coinguy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 19, 2017, 07:47:24 PM »
What’s the cheapest lot to park at for 1 day closest to terminal C?

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 20, 2017, 01:04:35 AM »
What’s the cheapest lot to park at for 1 day closest to terminal C?

The street. Read the wiki.

Offline Coinguy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 20, 2017, 06:02:55 AM »
I ended up parking on the street. Word of caution - it took me 15 minuets to find out a spot make sure to leave extra time for that.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #252 on: November 20, 2017, 11:19:45 AM »
I ended up parking on the street. Word of caution - it took me 15 minuets to find out a spot make sure to leave extra time for that.
Indeed, I always do. But the more you do it, the better at it you get. And especially now with the various LGA shuttles due to construction, one can widen the area targeted for parking.
-- Dan

Offline davidmal

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 07, 2017, 01:14:33 PM »
Street Parking works for short term but have to give yourself enough time to Park
Daily Parking there are lots such as Sheraton & Hyatt who have $14 per day with Valet and Shuttle
But when you add it up for a Week it just pays to take a Taxi for $45 each way.
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 07, 2017, 01:18:15 PM »
Street Parking works for short term but have to give yourself enough time to Park
Daily Parking there are lots such as Sheraton & Hyatt who have $14 per day with Valet and Shuttle
But when you add it up for a Week it just pays to take a Taxi for $45 each way.
Street parking can often work for a week. One can hop onto the LGA shuttles (or often walk - which might be faster).
-- Dan

Offline safsel

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 11, 2017, 01:48:14 PM »
has anyone had any experience crossing the GCP at 27th ave using the Flushing Bay Promenade straight to terminal d? is this still an option with the construction? going to follow the advice here and try the street parking option this week after the debacle i had last time. any other recommendations? much appreciated, as this will be my first time trying the street parking option

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 11, 2017, 02:03:38 PM »
has anyone had any experience crossing the GCP at 27th ave using the Flushing Bay Promenade straight to terminal d? is this still an option with the construction? going to follow the advice here and try the street parking option this week after the debacle i had last time. any other recommendations? much appreciated, as this will be my first time trying the street parking option
I tried it pre-construction, there's no proper way to cross over from the Promenade to the terminal. Involved walking a few feet over grass/dirt.

This is where I crossed over. Returning from a different terminal, I took a shuttle bus to Terminal D and just asked the driver to drop me off there.
-- Dan

Offline safsel

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 11, 2017, 02:29:59 PM »
so you would quicker recommend parking closer to 102nd and walking from there even though its farther from D?

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 11, 2017, 02:49:01 PM »
so you would quicker recommend parking closer to 102nd and walking from there even though its farther from D?
IDK. Walking through the dirt/grass at night isn't the most pleasant experience, and you could end up with a shuttle driver that won't want to let you off there. It's definitely a much shorter walk to terminal D, though I have walked from 102nd too, and don't mind it (might even be faster than shuttle service).

Probably easier to find parking around 27th Avenue than around 102nd. Plenty of employees park around 102nd.
-- Dan

Offline safsel

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 14, 2017, 09:07:12 AM »
I tried it pre-construction, there's no proper way to cross over from the Promenade to the terminal. Involved walking a few feet over grass/dirt.

This is where I crossed over. Returning from a different terminal, I took a shuttle bus to Terminal D and just asked the driver to drop me off there.

Just want to thank you, worked like a charm