Topic Wiki

NYC Parking Signs
Check parking parking regulations on all streets in NYC

HT to FT.

***The city has now added street cleaning / alternate side parking to the whole area! ***
In short: Park on a street that will allow parking for your entire trip.  Of course, if you're travelling for a week or more, that's not possible.
You can use Google maps and zoom in to see the alternate side parking schedule. This can help you pick an address for your GPS. When you get there, check the signs and park.  The walk North to the 94th st overpass to LGA. (Turn right as soon as you cross over, (don't pass the parking garage) and it will bring you to the front of Terminal B.)
 More specific information:

If you're flying out of Terminal A (currently, Marine Air Terminal and Delta shuttle) or Terminal B (Central Terminal), navigate to 94th St and 23rd Ave in Queens. In that area, alternate side parking can be found on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays, all from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm.

This is a residential area about a 15-minute walk from Terminal A and B, with sidewalk access along the whole route to the terminal. Just walk north along 94th Street, over the bridge and into the airport. Other people on this forum have posted about cars being broken into, but I have never had a problem. This part of Queens is mainly single family homes, very residential and I would think relatively safe. As in any big city, don't leave anything visible inside your car and make sure your car is locked.

If you're flying out of Terminal C (US Air) or Terminal D (Delta), navigate to 23rd Avenue and 101st St. In this neighborhood, you can find alternate side parking streets that are Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, also 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. This neighborhood is also very residential and about a 15-minute walk on sidewalks to Terminal C or D via a bridge that goes over the Grand Central Parkway by the intersection of 101st Street, 23rd Avenue and Ditmars Blvd.

Alternate Side of the Street Parking: For those of you not familiar with this NYC ritual, that means that you cannot park on that street between those hours on that day. For example, the north side of 24th Avenue (where I parked last week), is a Tuesday alternate side parking street. That means that your car can be ticketed (and even towed) if you're parking on that street between 11:30 am and 1:00 pm on a Tuesday. As long as you park AFTER Tuesday at 1:00 pm, you car can remain there until the following Tuesday, when it must be moved by 11:00 am. The south side of the street is a Monday alternate side day. so if you're leaving on Monday afternoon, you can park your car there until the following Monday at 11:00 am. Other streets in the neighborhood are either Wednesdays or Fridays - just drive around until you find the one you need.
I usually park on Ditmars Blvd, a little before that Mariott. I then take a quick Uber ride right to the terminal. One time I took the Marriot shuttle (it was several years ago, so I don't recall the details)

« Last edited by moko on January 04, 2024, 06:48:49 AM »

Author Topic: Parking at LGA  (Read 101976 times)

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: Parking at LGA
« Reply #260 on: December 14, 2017, 09:20:34 AM »
Just want to thank you, worked like a charm
Glad you found my information helpful.

What exactly did you end up doing?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline safsel

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 14, 2017, 07:43:29 PM »
Glad you found my information helpful.

What exactly did you end up doing?
parked on ditmars directly in front of the marriott a bunch of spots available. about a 8-10 min brisk walk.

Offline Iz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 25, 2018, 10:42:54 AM »
If I understood the info here correctly, there is no free option on the street for Sun-Thu. Is that correct? If so, what would you recommend for this situation?
ETA: A Friday street would seem to work.
Is there a clear way to walk from 95-96 & Ditmars to terminal B (w/ luggage)? How long is the walk? Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 10:49:33 AM by Iz »

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 25, 2018, 10:49:47 AM »
If I understood the info here correctly, there is no free option on the street for Sun-Thu. Is that correct? If so, what would you recommend for this situation?
ETA: A Friday street would seem to work.
Is there a clear way to walk from 95-96 & Ditmars to terminal B (w/ luggage)? How long is the walk? Thanks!

There are Friday spots.
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Offline Iz

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 25, 2018, 07:58:26 PM »
There are Friday spots.
Thanks.
Has anyone used any cheap parking lots near LGA? Any recommendations?

Offline yosef789

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 17, 2018, 07:31:48 PM »
Please note that the flushing bay promenade from 27th ave and Ditmas to terminal C and D was closed off by security personnel. I was told by a security guard that they are in the process of putting up gates and going forward the walkway will be permanently closed.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #266 on: April 17, 2018, 07:41:57 PM »
Please note that the flushing bay promenade from 27th ave and Ditmas to terminal C and D was closed off by security personnel. I was told by a security guard that they are in the process of putting up gates and going forward the walkway will be permanently closed.

IINM that was never an official pedestrian access point to the airport. Might have been a practical path taken by people, but definitely went over dirt path and ends up on an airport road with no real pedestrian sidewalk.
-- Dan

Offline Iz

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 17, 2018, 07:50:07 PM »
I had a pretty good experience with Bolt Parking via ParkWhiz. Definitely glad I didn't play around with street parking, shlepping luggage on dirt paths, etc.

Offline yosef789

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 24, 2018, 11:38:25 PM »
What's the best way to get from a nearby street parking to terminal C? I ended up taking a uber recently. Wonder if there are other, perhaps cheaper options?

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 25, 2018, 06:42:33 AM »
What's the best way to get from a nearby street parking to terminal C? I ended up taking a uber recently. Wonder if there are other, perhaps cheaper options?

Foot.
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 25, 2018, 11:26:08 AM »
Foot.
+1

Often it's the fastest way, and it's probably best for one's health.
-- Dan

Offline yosef789

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 25, 2018, 07:35:41 PM »
Last time I tried by foot it was complicated due to the construction. What would be best street to crossover by foot to terminal c?

Offline yosef789

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 28, 2018, 04:58:47 PM »
bump:Last time I tried by foot it was complicated due to the construction. What would be best street to crossover by foot to terminal c?

Offline yanks10952

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 12, 2018, 11:55:36 AM »
I need to park for terminal B for 12 hours, coming back late at night and dont want to walk to street. I see that they have a new parking lot there , is there always spots available?

Offline shwarmabob

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 02, 2019, 02:53:10 PM »
any recent experience with street parking in the area? can you walk across the bridge with all the construction going on?

Offline JoeyShmoe

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 02, 2019, 10:08:19 PM »
any recent experience with street parking in the area? can you walk across the bridge with all the construction going on?
I'd also like to know this, I'm flying out this upcoming Monday likely until the following Sunday
DDF A-Z Link Extension
Chrome
Firefox
Info

Offline safsel

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 03, 2019, 12:10:08 PM »
yes, have just done this recently. a bit annoying finding spots as there were construction trucks parked where i usually find (not sure if it was just for that day). ended up parking right near vaughn college block was completely empty at that time (5:30am). was about a 10 min walk to terminal. i was curious if i could have jumped onto the "parking spot" shuttle which is right up the block from the college. was thinking about jumping on on the way back as it was drizzling but didnt want to make a chillul hashem..

Offline JoeyShmoe

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 07, 2019, 10:24:30 AM »
yes, have just done this recently. a bit annoying finding spots as there were construction trucks parked where i usually find (not sure if it was just for that day). ended up parking right near vaughn college block was completely empty at that time (5:30am). was about a 10 min walk to terminal. i was curious if i could have jumped onto the "parking spot" shuttle which is right up the block from the college. was thinking about jumping on on the way back as it was drizzling but didnt want to make a chillul hashem..
Thanks
DDF A-Z Link Extension
Chrome
Firefox
Info

Offline safsel

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 07, 2019, 11:58:35 AM »
To clarify: I crossed over the Grand Central by 94th street i dont know if the 102nd street crossover is open, and i am pretty sure the flushing bay promenade is no longer an option.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 07, 2019, 12:05:53 PM »
i was curious if i could have jumped onto the "parking spot" shuttle which is right up the block from the college. was thinking about jumping on on the way back as it was drizzling but didnt want to make a chillul hashem..
I am almost certain that if you would have stated that you are parked on a nearby street, and asked if you can hop on, you would have received a positive response.
-- Dan