Topic Wiki

NYC Parking Signs
Check parking parking regulations on all streets in NYC

HT to FT.

***The city has now added street cleaning / alternate side parking to the whole area! ***
In short: Park on a street that will allow parking for your entire trip.  Of course, if you're travelling for a week or more, that's not possible.
You can use Google maps and zoom in to see the alternate side parking schedule. This can help you pick an address for your GPS. When you get there, check the signs and park.  The walk North to the 94th st overpass to LGA. (Turn right as soon as you cross over, (don't pass the parking garage) and it will bring you to the front of Terminal B.)
 More specific information:

If you're flying out of Terminal A (currently, Marine Air Terminal and Delta shuttle) or Terminal B (Central Terminal), navigate to 94th St and 23rd Ave in Queens. In that area, alternate side parking can be found on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays, all from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm.

This is a residential area about a 15-minute walk from Terminal A and B, with sidewalk access along the whole route to the terminal. Just walk north along 94th Street, over the bridge and into the airport. Other people on this forum have posted about cars being broken into, but I have never had a problem. This part of Queens is mainly single family homes, very residential and I would think relatively safe. As in any big city, don't leave anything visible inside your car and make sure your car is locked.

If you're flying out of Terminal C (US Air) or Terminal D (Delta), navigate to 23rd Avenue and 101st St. In this neighborhood, you can find alternate side parking streets that are Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, also 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. This neighborhood is also very residential and about a 15-minute walk on sidewalks to Terminal C or D via a bridge that goes over the Grand Central Parkway by the intersection of 101st Street, 23rd Avenue and Ditmars Blvd.

Alternate Side of the Street Parking: For those of you not familiar with this NYC ritual, that means that you cannot park on that street between those hours on that day. For example, the north side of 24th Avenue (where I parked last week), is a Tuesday alternate side parking street. That means that your car can be ticketed (and even towed) if you're parking on that street between 11:30 am and 1:00 pm on a Tuesday. As long as you park AFTER Tuesday at 1:00 pm, you car can remain there until the following Tuesday, when it must be moved by 11:00 am. The south side of the street is a Monday alternate side day. so if you're leaving on Monday afternoon, you can park your car there until the following Monday at 11:00 am. Other streets in the neighborhood are either Wednesdays or Fridays - just drive around until you find the one you need.
I usually park on Ditmars Blvd, a little before that Mariott. I then take a quick Uber ride right to the terminal. One time I took the Marriot shuttle (it was several years ago, so I don't recall the details)

« Last edited by moko on January 04, 2024, 06:48:49 AM »

Author Topic: Parking at LGA  (Read 101934 times)

Offline safsel

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Parking at LGA
« Reply #280 on: January 07, 2019, 12:51:02 PM »
I am almost certain that if you would have stated that you are parked on a nearby street, and asked if you can hop on, you would have received a positive response.
probably true.
if so, then this can be a preferred location to park. if you get there early morning/ late evening you should not have a problem parking (when the college is not in session), and if you have this "free" shuttle option thats a no brainer. Also a 10 min walk is not the worst thing in the world

Offline moshes1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 13, 2019, 09:28:22 PM »
probably true.
if so, then this can be a preferred location to park. if you get there early morning/ late evening you should not have a problem parking (when the college is not in session), and if you have this "free" shuttle option thats a no brainer. Also a 10 min walk is not the worst thing in the world
what address would i put in google maps to find this spot

Offline ad120

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 13, 2019, 11:32:45 PM »
what address would i put in google maps to find this spot

2208 95th St, East Elmhurst, NY 11369

Offline rochel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 22, 2019, 01:17:07 PM »
I am flying out of LGA and returning in the evening
where can I find a spot at around 10 am

Offline rochel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 22, 2019, 01:31:39 PM »
2208 95th St, East Elmhurst, NY 11369
is there alternate there

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #285 on: January 22, 2019, 02:44:28 PM »
I just parked before the weekend on 100th street just off Ditmars. It's right across from the Aloft and from Air Park, so I figured I might have a couple of shuttle options if needed.

Outbound I flew from Terminal B so I walked across the 94th street bridge. About 10 minute walk. On the return I arrived at terminal D. Made sure DW and infant were safe at a place where I could pick them up (departure level). Went down and found the Red Route LGA shuttle bus. I asked where he's going, to which he responded by asking me where I need to go. He went across the 102nd street bridge and dropped me off at the traffic circle. Less than a minute walk to my car.

IIRC alternate side parking was Monday where I parked, which would have made me good for a week and a half if needed.

102nd street bridge is only open in one direction and for vehicular traffic only.

Now let's see @Dan beat that for plane to no-fee parked car @CLE.

Other than the runway congestion, LGA is my favorite NYC area airport precisely for this reason. Easy and free parking and walk to/from terminal.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 02:48:04 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 22, 2019, 02:49:28 PM »
I just parked before the weekend on 100th street just off Ditmars. It's right across from the Aloft and from Air Park, so I figured I might have a couple of shuttle options if needed.

Outbound I flew from Terminal B so I walked across the 94th street bridge. About 10 minute walk. On the return I arrived at terminal D. Made sure DW and infant were safe at a place where I could pick them up (departure level). Went down and found the Red Route LGA shuttle bus. I asked where he's going, to which he responded by asking me where I need to go. He went across the 102nd street bridge and dropped me off at the traffic circle. Less than a minute walk to my car.

IIRC alternate side parking was Monday where I parked, which would have made me good for a week and a half if needed.

102nd street bridge is only open in one direction and for vehicular traffic only.

Now let's see @Dan beat that for plane to no-fee parked car @CLE.

Other than the runway congestion, LGA is my favorite NYC area airport precisely for this reason. Easy and free parking and walk to/from terminal.

when its -20 outside i dont care how free it is

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #287 on: January 22, 2019, 03:06:44 PM »
when its -20 outside i dont care how free it is
It was quite cold and windy Sunday. Getting to my car was a breeze. Probably less open air walking and standing than hourly parking garage (which doubles as Uber/Lyft pick up area). 
-- Dan

Offline schneury

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 28, 2019, 12:32:16 PM »
Bez"h will be flying out Wednesday afternoon and returning Tuesday evening, i see there are many streets with Wednesday alternate side 11:30AM - 1PM. if i arrive around 1:30 how hard would it be to find a spot?

Offline googwallet

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 29, 2019, 01:08:05 PM »
Bez"h will be flying out Wednesday afternoon and returning Tuesday evening, i see there are many streets with Wednesday alternate side 11:30AM - 1PM. if i arrive around 1:30 how hard would it be to find a spot?
I'm wondering the same thing and I fly out on Thursday. Please let me know your experience. I would imagine it should be easy because 1. It's in the middle of the day, most people are at work 2. It's right after alternate side is over so there usually is lots of spots. In the past, I have not had an issue finding parking there, both early in the morning and in the afternoon.

Offline schneury

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 06, 2019, 08:54:18 AM »
I'm wondering the same thing and I fly out on Thursday. Please let me know your experience. I would imagine it should be easy because 1. It's in the middle of the day, most people are at work 2. It's right after alternate side is over so there usually is lots of spots. In the past, I have not had an issue finding parking there, both early in the morning and in the afternoon.
I came around 1:30 and found a spot 2 blocks in. was about a 15 minute walk. B"H came back almost a week later and car was fine.

Online yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 18, 2019, 01:27:48 PM »
Tried searching this thread, I couldn't find anything recent. What is the best option for parking at LGA terminal A? Is street parking the best? I tried looking on Google Maps and couldn't figure out where the entrance to the Terminal is and how far the closest street parking is. I don't mind paying a few dollars for an Uber to get to the terminal. On a related note, how bad is traffic near LGA these days? Still terribly bottlenecked because of the construction?  The flight is around 7:30pm. Is that a peak time?

Sorry for the whole laundry list of questions.

Thanks!

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #292 on: February 18, 2019, 02:00:46 PM »
Tried searching this thread, I couldn't find anything recent. What is the best option for parking at LGA terminal A? Is street parking the best? I tried looking on Google Maps and couldn't figure out where the entrance to the Terminal is and how far the closest street parking is. I don't mind paying a few dollars for an Uber to get to the terminal. On a related note, how bad is traffic near LGA these days? Still terribly bottlenecked because of the construction?  The flight is around 7:30pm. Is that a peak time?

Sorry for the whole laundry list of questions.

Thanks!
If your not going for more then a week then yes street parking is a good idea and call an uber for a few $ to get to the terminal.
   Yes give yourself some extra time to find a spot and to wait for the uber and to get back to the terminal.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 18, 2019, 04:52:59 PM »
If your not going for more then a week then yes street parking is a good idea and call an uber for a few $ to get to the terminal.
   Yes give yourself some extra time to find a spot and to wait for the uber and to get back to the terminal.

If you have enough time, and park along a free airport shuttle route, you can presumably take a free airport shuttle.
-- Dan

Online yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 20, 2019, 10:36:55 AM »
Thanks. Does anyone know the answer to my main question? Where the nearest parking to Terminal A is (I couldn't figure out where the entrance to it is), and how bad is traffic in the area these days (how much time do I need to give myself)?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 20, 2019, 11:21:32 AM »
Thanks. Does anyone know the answer to my main question? Where the nearest parking to Terminal A is (I couldn't figure out where the entrance to it is), and how bad is traffic in the area these days (how much time do I need to give myself)?

Looks like if you want on-street parking you should look around 80th street and 19th Avenue. One side is Friday ASP, and the other side of the street is Wednesday. Alternatively, 81st Street at the corner of Ditmars has similar ASP, and looks like it's an ultra short walk to the Avis or Hertz lots which are close to Terminal A.
-- Dan

Online yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 20, 2019, 01:37:23 PM »
Thanks! Now I see the entrance. It seems like if you can grab the closet parking it is about a 10-12 minutes walk. So I'll try grabbing a Lyft. So am I going to be traveling through the oldest terminal currently in use in the US?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 20, 2019, 01:40:40 PM »
Thanks! Now I see the entrance. It seems like if you can grab the closet parking it is about a 10-12 minutes walk. So I'll try grabbing a Lyft. So am I going to be traveling through the oldest terminal currently in use in the US?

Last time I traveled through that terminal was when I was going back and forth LGA-BOS on a PanAm mileage run. I think I did the roundtrip twice in one day, but it's really been a while since then so I'm not sure.
-- Dan

Online moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 20, 2019, 11:19:31 PM »
I'm traveling Wednesday - Wednesday. Is there a nearby area without asp? If not what's the cheapest lot?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 21, 2019, 12:04:25 AM »
I'm traveling Wednesday - Wednesday. Is there a nearby area without asp? If not what's the cheapest lot?
I am guessing that the cheapest lot for 8 days would be more expensive than a ticket for not moving for ASP. And with ASP there's always a chance of it getting suspended.

Otherwise browse around this map: https://nycdotsigns.net/-73.8896355:40.7730924/parking,21/1458
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 12:08:49 AM by ExGingi »
-- Dan