Topic Wiki

NYC Parking Signs
Check parking parking regulations on all streets in NYC

HT to FT.

***The city has now added street cleaning / alternate side parking to the whole area! ***
In short: Park on a street that will allow parking for your entire trip.  Of course, if you're travelling for a week or more, that's not possible.
You can use Google maps and zoom in to see the alternate side parking schedule. This can help you pick an address for your GPS. When you get there, check the signs and park.  The walk North to the 94th st overpass to LGA. (Turn right as soon as you cross over, (don't pass the parking garage) and it will bring you to the front of Terminal B.)
 More specific information:

If you're flying out of Terminal A (currently, Marine Air Terminal and Delta shuttle) or Terminal B (Central Terminal), navigate to 94th St and 23rd Ave in Queens. In that area, alternate side parking can be found on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays, all from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm.

This is a residential area about a 15-minute walk from Terminal A and B, with sidewalk access along the whole route to the terminal. Just walk north along 94th Street, over the bridge and into the airport. Other people on this forum have posted about cars being broken into, but I have never had a problem. This part of Queens is mainly single family homes, very residential and I would think relatively safe. As in any big city, don't leave anything visible inside your car and make sure your car is locked.

If you're flying out of Terminal C (US Air) or Terminal D (Delta), navigate to 23rd Avenue and 101st St. In this neighborhood, you can find alternate side parking streets that are Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, also 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. This neighborhood is also very residential and about a 15-minute walk on sidewalks to Terminal C or D via a bridge that goes over the Grand Central Parkway by the intersection of 101st Street, 23rd Avenue and Ditmars Blvd.

Alternate Side of the Street Parking: For those of you not familiar with this NYC ritual, that means that you cannot park on that street between those hours on that day. For example, the north side of 24th Avenue (where I parked last week), is a Tuesday alternate side parking street. That means that your car can be ticketed (and even towed) if you're parking on that street between 11:30 am and 1:00 pm on a Tuesday. As long as you park AFTER Tuesday at 1:00 pm, you car can remain there until the following Tuesday, when it must be moved by 11:00 am. The south side of the street is a Monday alternate side day. so if you're leaving on Monday afternoon, you can park your car there until the following Monday at 11:00 am. Other streets in the neighborhood are either Wednesdays or Fridays - just drive around until you find the one you need.
I usually park on Ditmars Blvd, a little before that Mariott. I then take a quick Uber ride right to the terminal. One time I took the Marriot shuttle (it was several years ago, so I don't recall the details)

« Last edited by moko on January 04, 2024, 06:48:49 AM »

Author Topic: Parking at LGA  (Read 101954 times)

Offline pinchav

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Parking at LGA
« on: November 29, 2010, 10:43:18 PM »
Does anyone know how I can get cheap Long Term Parking at LaGuardia Airport for four days?

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Parking at LGA
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 12:21:23 AM »
on the street, otherwise crown plaza is the cheapest I've found. Let us know what you find. 2 things to look out for: Taxes, and if they charge by calendar day (and maybe how much they charge for part of a day).

Offline moshegold

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Parking at LGA
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 12:21:30 AM »
If you need for a short period of time, you can sometimes find on the street near the car rentals regular parking (for free)

Offline maivina

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
cheapest long term parking at lga
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 07:37:19 PM »
I need the best deal to park at LGA. wed. night thru sunday,  so far the cheapest If found was $16 a day plus tax.

Offline Q274

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: barely
Re: cheapest long term parking at lga
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 07:48:43 PM »
It might be cheapest to find a friend who lives in flushing to take care of the car (if its a really expensive car i will do just that) and either take a cab there and back or have this friend take you and pick you up. It is literally a 3-5 minute drive to lga from flushing

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 11:54:53 PM »
I need the best deal to park at LGA. wed. night thru sunday,  so far the cheapest If found was $16 a day plus tax.
Tried crowne plaza?

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 12:03:11 AM »
It might be cheapest to find a friend who lives in flushing to take care of the car (if its a really expensive car i will do just that) and either take a cab there and back or have this friend take you and pick you up. It is literally a 3-5 minute drive to lga from flushing

1. It would have to be a really trust-worthy friend, especially with an expensive car.
2. Alternate side parking tickets are much more expensive compared to $16 a day at the airport :D
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline kivabb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 09:51:25 PM »
Where's the best place to park in JFK(somewhat economical but not so inconvenient) ?

Offline MarkS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 11:22:58 PM »
Where's the best place to park in JFK(somewhat economical but not so inconvenient) ?
There is a shul in Queens 3 miles away from JFK that advertised that you can park in their lot for free. They even have refreshments in the shul that you can take when you land. Call 718-641-5822

Rockwood Park Jewish Center
15645 84th St
Jamaica, NY 11414
(718) 641-5822

(718) 641-5740

(718) 641-6383

Offline sprint

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 12:37:44 AM »
1. It would have to be a really trust-worthy friend, especially with an expensive car.
2. Alternate side parking tickets are much more expensive compared to $16 a day at the airport :D

actually not really. say youre gone for a week. park on an alternate side - ticket for 45, for a week...if less than a week - so no ticket...I've parked on the street by the lga on a wed and came back on mon - but if not - take the ticket - its cheaper...

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 12:44:53 AM »
What day is street cleaning near LGA

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 12:46:14 AM »
actually not really. say youre gone for a week. park on an alternate side - ticket for 45, for a week...if less than a week - so no ticket...I've parked on the street by the lga on a wed and came back on mon - but if not - take the ticket - its cheaper...

Say that when they tow your car and charge you $200 for towing and another $20/day for 'storage'. This is NYC after all.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline sprint

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 12:47:40 AM »

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 12:50:07 AM »
they dont tow your for storage...not for alternate sides - maybe in the city - but not in residential queens - never seen it...only for no standing, stopping, hydrants, bus stops, etc...

No, NYPD tows at whim. If you (are out of the country and) don't pick up your car, they charge you for storage.

I just send a letter to dispute towing for someone who was parked in a no-parking zone.

Offline sprint

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 12:52:50 AM »
again yes - no parking zone-dont ever park there - like a hydrant - but not in an otherwise legal alternate side zone in residential...-unless u get multiple tix at the same time, or have unpaid tix outstanding...they are not going to tow u - ive never seen it...not for alternate side.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 12:54:56 AM »
again yes - no parking zone-dont ever park there - like a hydrant - not in a legal alternate side zone in residential...-unless u get multiple tix at the same time, or have unpaid tix outstanding...

Like I said, that's how it should be. The NYPD are notorious for over-ticketing and towing at whim, leave it up to them. Park and leave your car at your own risk.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 12:59:02 AM »
I got 2 $$$ tickets within a couple of hours for parking 11 feet away from a hydrant in CH.
NYC is ridiculous.  I've yet to have a parking violation in my home state but nearly every time I'm in NYC I manage to get one.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 03:11:40 AM »
dan, no police badge?

Offline Shimon

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile